Miguel Cabrera

Matt39

I want a frontline starter for Arod first and foremost.

Like anyone would give up a frontline starter for a $20 million a year joke. Seriously, who would pay his contract AND give up their best pitcher to get him? A-Rod is a Yankee to stay until his contract expires, its time to face facts.

In the meantime, there's some good playoff baseball to be watched right now. You might want to check it out.

Like anyone would give up a frontline starter for a $20 million a year joke. Seriously, who would pay his contract AND give up their best pitcher to get him? A-Rod is a Yankee to stay until his contract expires, its time to face facts.

In the meantime, there's some good playoff baseball to be watched right now. You might want to check it out.

You dont know that.

How ****y you mets fans get off an ALDS victory. sheesh. Get a grip.

We've been saying the same thing the last 3 years, its nothing recent. NO ONE is going to give up anything substantial for A-Rod.

a 900 OPS hall of fame ss/3b with a resonable contract has value and if the yankees want to trade arod they will get alot back.

a 900 OPS hall of fame ss/3b with a resonable contract has value and if the yankees want to trade arod they will get alot back.

REASONABLE contract? If by "reasonable" you mean "biggest in ML history".

Why would the Marlins, with a budget of less than $30 million, double their payroll for A-Rod and give up a superstar? They can get more for him.

Why would the Marlins, with a budget of less than $30 million, double their payroll for A-Rod and give up a superstar? They can get more for him.

The answer, skippy, is that the Rangers are paying a good part of A-Rod's salary, and the Yankees would pick up some as well. Whoever gets A-Rod could have him for 11-13 mil a year, and THAT is a bargain for his production.

as usual a stupid mets fan talking out of his ass. arod MAKES 25 million a year HOWEVER the rangers pay 9 million of that which leaves 16 million that is VERY reasonable considering his production. and i'm sure the yankees would pick up some of that if they wanted to trade him. his contract is VERY tradable.

The answer, skippy, is that the Rangers are paying a good part of A-Rod's salary, and the Yankees would pick up some as well. Whoever gets A-Rod could have him for 11-13 mil a year, and THAT is a bargain for his production.

dont expect jetsfan80 to understand , he thinks David Wright has a shot at having a better career than Alex :rolleyes:

Why would Florida trade Cabrera at 23 yrs old for ARod unless the Yanks pick up almost the entire remaining money on his contract?

Also, no way in hell ARod waves his no trade to play in front of 25 people a night.

Maybe the Yanks new manager shows ARod a little support and demands Capt Image do the same rather than letting Jason(I asked out of a 2003WS game) Giambi become the voice of the team.

Yankees were no hit for 8 straight innings this w/end so the problem wasn't just ARod.

By the way Sweet Lou should be a great choice with the complete lack of patience he shows with young pitching staffs.

Why would Florida trade Cabrera at 23 yrs old for ARod unless the Yanks pick up almost the entire remaining money on his contract?

Also, no way in hell ARod waves his no trade to play in front of 25 people a night.

Maybe the Yanks new manager shows ARod a little support and demands Capt Image do the same rather than letting Jason(I asked out of a 2003WS game) Giambi become the voice of the team.

Yankees were no hit for 8 straight innings this w/end so the problem wasn't just ARod.

arod puts florida on the map and would help their attendence and he might want to go there becuase thats his home.

You really think a team with the lowest payroll in the league and comprised of rooks is gonig to trade for a 25 million dollar 3rd baseman?
probably won't work out with the marlins unless they get a move through but that dosn't mean that arod isn't VERY tradable. he also won't be cl ose to a 25 million dollar play erfor them.

While Hicks kicks in a chunk of A-rod's salary, and the Yanks might pick up some more, why would a team who cut their payroll to a mere $17 million to not pay Brad Penny and Juan Pierre suddenly going to at least double that to pay A-rod?

While Hicks kicks in a chunk of A-rod's salary, and the Yanks might pick up some more, why would a team who cut their payroll to a mere $17 million to not pay Brad Penny and Juan Pierre suddenly going to at least double that to pay A-rod?

because arod will get their fans out to the ballpark unlike those guys.

Luria's whole MO is to draw flies to either get Miami and Florida to build him a new stadium or allow him to move to Vegas, Portland or the Carolinas. The man is a carpet-bagging douchebag looking to turn a buck in the long-term like he did with the Expos. A-rod doesn't really help that.

If you yankee fans think the marlins would trade Cabrera (a winner in the playoffs) for the biggest loser on the biggest stage, I want what you are smoking. Face it, you will have to almost give him away, no one is going to give you a #1 pitcher or hitter for his salary and the way he chokes when the pressure is on.

News flash, Marlins fans will not show up until they move. No one cares about them. There are better things to do in Florida than go to a baseball team with crappy ownership. Stop trying to assume that everyone wants A-Rod and will gladly pay half his contract to have him. If A-Rod is as good as you all are making him seem in this thread, then why do you want him gone so badly?

Exactly. He's a POS.

dont expect jetsfan80 to understand , he thinks David Wright has a shot at having a better career than Alex :rolleyes:

And why not? He batted near .500 in the division series and had one of the highest averages in the clutch as a 24-year old. That's more than A-Rod has accomplished when its mattered.

Arod for Dontrelle Willis is probably more likely than getting Cabrera from them.

Point is, that Arod is very tradeable.

Says who? No one is busting down the doors to get him. And once again I must ask: If he is as much of a God as you all are making him out to be, then why do you want to trade him so badly? Other GM's would be asking the same thing if the Yankees tried to deal him.

.265 batting average through 3 playoff series?

He was a bigtime performer in a winning World Series effort. The team his Marlins beat escapes me at the moment, perhaps you can refresh my memory....

Exactly what has A-Rod done in the postseason to out-do anyone?

He was a bigtime performer in a winning World Series effort. The team his Marlins beat escapes me at the moment, perhaps you can refresh my memory....

Exactly what has A-Rod done in the postseason to out-do anyone?

didn't he hit below .200 in the world series?

big time preformer? that was josh beckett

wow you guys are very stubborn.

There will be many suitors for Arod like the angels especially, who think that just a change of scenary will cure his problems.

He was a great player before he was a yankee, you know that right?

He was the same player in Texas as he was in New York. Nothing has changed, and none of his teams have won. Teams would take him, if he wasnt making $20 million a year and the Yankees were asking for a # 3 SP.

Describe A-Rod being great? When did he actually do something when they needed him? No RBI's the last 2 post-seasons, yeah I'm sure teams can't wait to trade for him and his salary while giving up good talent to get him.

wow you guys are very stubborn.

There will be many suitors for Arod like the angels especially, who think that just a change of scenary will cure his problems.

He was a great player before he was a yankee, you know that right?

I agree either a change of scenary or a change of team leadership will dot he trick with Alex if you feel he is the sole problem.

Me, I see a ton of Yankees who have done nothing the past two division series but I guess ARod is the easiest mark.

downgrading our offense at 3rd base is not the answer

although miggy is a great hitter

Um? Miggy could very well prove to be an upgrade in the clutch situations when it counts. Besides, once again:

YOUTH, SPEED, BALANCE <-- Things we need.

9 Grizzled veteran power hitters is about as effective as a Single-A team in the playoffs. Lets get guys who can make things happen. Miguel Cabrera would be a GREAT fit.

I agree either a change of scenary or a change of team leadership will dot he trick with Alex if you feel he is the sole problem.

Me, I see a ton of Yankees who have done nothing the past two division series but I guess ARod is the easiest mark.

You have been critical of DJ in the past. How'd he do this series?

Archived