To Every PROBLEM There is a SOLUTION

Barton

I dont know... However, it would be nice if Jets took Peterson in first round and Carreker and Spencer in 2nd round.

I wont object on taking him if Jets finish off in top 5 again(ugh). I dont want to see Jets to forcibly take next best RB in first round. Buckhalter or Brown will be a solid signing.

If Cal Johnson is available then Jets have to take him.

They are both very nice WR's. They are not superstars though and we have nothing after them.
of course they could use depth (what team couldn't) but they could address that in the later rounds of the 07 draft. they have MUCH more pressing needs.

you don't need superstar WR's to be a winning team either.

If the jets arn't bad enough to have a shot at peterson (and i don't think they will have a shot at him) they should go HEAVY after Duece Mccalister.

Jets can trade Vilma to Saints for McAllister and take Ole Miss ILB Willis in the first round. 6 2 240 that runs sub 4.6. It would work.

booyah grandma!

g_peterson_412.jpg

I love APete. I've been singing his praises since before he hit the field for OU. But, I don't see us drafting him possible because I still see this team finishing better then 5-10 other teams in this league. Now, here's the key question, which ones have RB holes that they'd fill with Peterson? Not many, so, it kinda is possible, but we would have to trade up in the end most likely with Green Bay & Houston looking for backs with Green being a 29 year old FA and Domanick Davis missing all of 05, who knows how he'll return.

If the jets arn't bad enough to have a shot at peterson (and i don't think they will have a shot at him) they should go HEAVY after Duece Mccalister.

I'm not a big fan of Duece McCallister. He did well today against a very suspect Tampa run d. I say stay away.

As far as the WR's go you need more than two good possesion WR's to win. The Jets need a downfield threat. I agree it is not the most pressing need - but it still is a need. Top offseason goal should be getting tougher upfront on defense.

I'm not a big fan of Duece McCallister. He did well today against a very suspect Tampa run d. I say stay away.

As far as the WR's go you need more than two good possesion WR's to win. The Jets need a downfield threat. I agree it is not the most pressing need - but it still is a need. Top offseason goal should be getting tougher upfront on defense.

He's been good all year...

Our priority has to be on defense- we need the guys up front that can control the line of scrimmage- a good defense will keep you in games- you let other teams run on you and most likely doomed to lose most of your games.

Dont sell Leon Washington short, the kid can play. If he can put on 5 solid pounds of muscle and maintain his speed there is no reason why he cant be a warrick dunn/bryan westbrook type every down back.

If Im the Jets Im scouting every friggin fat Nose Tackle in the nation.

Want to see how a REAL 3-4 defense works? Watch this game with San Diego & Pittsburgh with 2 great NT's and just 2 complete great defenses.

Jamal Williams & Casey Hampton type players are what the Jets' coaching staff needs to be looking for in the draft.

Want to see how a REAL 3-4 defense works? Watch this game with San Diego & Pittsburgh with 2 great NT's and just 2 complete great defenses.

Jamal Williams & Casey Hampton type players are what the Jets' coaching staff needs to be looking for in the draft.

I agree, Vilma is no smaller than Donnie Edwards or James Farrior - but he is faster. Once we get a NT our LB's will look a ton better.

These are the obvious holes I see in the order of importance:

RT

NT

ROLB

RG

LOLB

FS

RB

LILB

LG

2CB

RE

One of those holes could be filled by moving Vilma to ROLB.

Well Jets have 2 or 3 years to master the system... Just get the best available player that fit Mangini's system.

and Merriman is ridiculously dominating at OLB. Jets dont have that.

Look, I was just stiring sh#t up alittle about after this tuff loss.:)

I dont believe we'll be anywhere close to being bad enough to select Peterson, but I would not be against trading up for him. Which was my idea with starting this thread.

Its all silly talk at this point in the season, but its fun to imagine.

Archived