The Grades Are In

Maxman

A total klinker of a game - responsibility goes to all the players and coaches.

This is the time to bring out the old expression -you are never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose.

I basically gave every position a D or an F, mostly F's, aside from Leon I gave him a C.

11/17, 71 yards, 4.1 YPA, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, 4 sacks, 33.8 rating.

How can you give PennyBoy anything but an F?

That could have been the worst QB performance I have ever seen in a NFL game.

Then you're a ****ing tool. Period. I'm not going to even argue it. Watch the game. Watch the OLine collapse everytime and see 6 or 7 Jaguars guarding 3 Jets receivers everytime. You have to force the ball in their late when you're down 20 and 30+ points. You have to try to make plays.

Then you're a ****ing tool. Period. I'm not going to even argue it. Watch the game. Watch the OLine collapse everytime and see 6 or 7 Jaguars guarding 3 Jets receivers everytime. You have to force the ball in their late when you're down 20 and 30+ points. You have to try to make plays.

I did watch the game.

To say that those interceptions were not PennyBoy's fault is ridiculous.

And 3 out of the 4 sacks were his fault as well.

Junior High School QB's are taught that when pressure is coming from the outside (like it was yesterday), that you step up into the pocket and NOT drift to the oustside.

Face facts, PennyBoy just can not perform against good defensive teams.

He deserves a big F for yesterday's sorry performance.

you don't comprehend while reading well do you? He had a terrible game but your boy Brady would have sucked with all the inepitude around him. Down 3 td;s before they could even breath. Had to throw into double teams all day, and recieved no help from ANYONE on that team...they all sucked and get F's...but don't put the entire blame on #10..someone could have blocked, run, tackled, etc. etc. and pitched in a little bit...

Agreed. They dont get a pass for the worst gameplan I've seen since last year's Ravens game.

I just went back to the game log

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061008_NYJ@JAC

Leon had ONE touch the entire first quarter (when theoretically it was still a game).

He had 3 touches 18 minutes into the game. Then, he gets the ball two plays in a row the rest of the game. Really stupid playcalling imo.

He's the best RB we dressed yesterday and you give him ONE carry in the first quarter? What are they thinking about all week??!!

Just a bad gameplan on both sides of the ball.

I understand we still need more players, and I'm down with that, but the CS does NOT get a pass for a p1ss-poor game, just like the players dont either.

I did watch the game.

To say that those interceptions were not PennyBoy's fault is ridiculous.

And 3 out of the 4 sacks were his fault as well.

Junior High School QB's are taught that when pressure is coming from the outside (like it was yesterday), that you step up into the pocket and NOT drift to the oustside.

Face facts, PennyBoy just can not perform against good defensive teams.

He deserves a big F for yesterday's sorry performance.

You are a tool, but I still would probably give him an F. I've seen worse games by qbs, but they deserved an F too. Hell saw much worse last year. He didn't deserve all the INTs, I'd say 2 out of 3, but it's not like they were well thrown balls that were bobbled.

I just went back to the game log

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061008_NYJ@JAC

Leon had ONE touch the entire first quarter (when theoretically it was still a game).

He had 3 touches 18 minutes into the game. Then, he gets the ball two plays in a row the rest of the game. Really stupid playcalling imo.

He's the best RB we dressed yesterday and you give him ONE carry in the first quarter? What are they thinking about all week??!!

Just a bad gameplan on both sides of the ball.

I understand we still need more players, and I'm down with that, but the CS does NOT get a pass for a p1ss-poor game, just like the players dont either.

If Barlow isnt used in goal line carries, he shouldnt be used at all. He was absolute garbage the whole game. I dont want to see him on the field anymore unless were on the 1.

Everyone keeps saying Washington is small and light and cant carry the load. But he still got 23 carries in the game even if most were at the end and it was just garbage time. Remember Jags still kept their start qb in and kept playing like it was anyones game so to see Washington outplay Barlow that much really shows me Washington should be our feature back. Could it be anymore obvious after this game we should use Washington instead of Barlow?

Washington is quick on his feet, he reads plays better than Barlow while Barlow just runs straight ahead most of the time. And when Houston comes back hopefully hell take Barlow out of the starting roster and we have Washington as the yardage back with Houston as the goal line back. Anything as long as Barlow doesnt keep trying to get yards.

Only problem is that his first INT was when it was 0-0 on their first drive...

Only problem is that his first INT was when it was 0-0 on their first drive...

I mentioned that earlier in this thread. I said I fault him for 2 of the 3 INT's, the 2nd & 3rd, I might have mentioned it in the article as well.

I agree with the marks 124, cept I think CP gets the big red F too. Granted the Jax secondary seemed to have our guys covered like a blanket but Chad threw crappy passes into into double and triple coverage and I didn't see anything resembling a threaded needle. He looked like old Chad instead the new improved Chad. I'm not concerned. The changes he's made and the strength he's added will have him back to TN/NE/Buf form just in time to skin the Phish next weekend.

I think it was a real bonehead move by Mangini/Schott not to put Clemens in early in the 2nd half. Our asses had already been handed to us and it didn't take long into round 2 to see the halftime downdressing wasn't going to make any difference. Our number was had and if Chad would have gone down with an injury - today would have been a sadder day than it is. Plus you want the kid to get the experience even in an azzbeating.

Lovee Smith was only marginally smarter yesterday when he let Griese play the whole 4th quarter. It isn't like the 2 starters in these blowouts don't have serious injury history.

Archived