Starting a team TODAY (not 5 years ago): Who do you take? Arod or Wright?

SouthernJet

ARod

Better ballplayer...he too hasn't won squat, but at least he has been to the WS

Talk to me after Wright wins something besides a divisional series against inferior talent

Ok, guys I won the bet,, pay up

he took the bait like a hungry bass and went with all 3 Yanks :yahoo:

a-rod is a proven talent who's worst season mirrors the best Wright has so far accomplished, and who's maximum potential dwarfs Wrights.

a-rod is about to face a bunch of milestones, why not pick him over a guy who COULD be a scott rolen type player, but will never be as good as A-rod?

a-rod is a proven talent who's worst season mirrors the best Wright has so far accomplished, and who's maximum potential dwarfs Wrights.

a-rod is about to face a bunch of milestones, why not pick him over a guy who COULD be a scott rolen type player, but will never be as good as A-rod?

so you think AROD in a few years when he is 35, 36, 37, 38 will be more effective than Wright who will be 28, 29, 30, 31..

OK, could happen...

I will take a in the prime Wright though as opposed to 37, 38 year old AROD

Validation is

26-2

and still counting

Ancient History 101,,

but if ancient history makes you feel better after ANOTHER choke with the best team money can try to buy, than go for it,,

most people judge current teams by current teams results :yahoo: ,,

except sore loser fans who dredge useless info about past teams to soothe the hurt

but bottom line in the year 2006 (then one tha tcounts) is

100 to 98 and STILL counting

By the way, Jeter spotted on 1st tee this morning, I guess he has free time on his schedule :yahoo:

so you think AROD in a few years when he is 35, 36, 37, 38 will be more effective than Wright who will be 28, 29, 30, 31..

OK, could happen...

I will take a in the prime Wright though as opposed to 37, 38 year old AROD

arod will be 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 over the next 5 seasons

a-rods not the type of hitter who declines quickly once he hits his 30s

i'll take the proven commodity over the "potential" 30 home run a year hitter in Wright

arod will be 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 over the next 5 seasons

a-rods not the type of hitter who declines quickly once he hits his 30s

i'll take the proven commodity over the "potential" 30 home run a year hitter in Wright

I was looking at a 3 year to 7 yea rwindow in those ages..

so you see him continuing to be a proven commodity in playoff situations? Or do you see him honing his playoff saavy?

I was looking at a 3 year to 7 yea rwindow in those ages..

so you see him continuing to be a proven commodity in playoff situations? Or do you see him honing his playoff saavy?

i think he can get back to being as good in the playoffs as a Yankee as he was on the Mariners

im not predicting it, but i think its possible. who thought kenny rogers would shut down the yankees last week?

wright in his prime will not be anywhere near what arod was in his prime, i cant say wright is going to be more valuable over the next 3 -7 years

i think he can get back to being as good in the playoffs as a Yankee as he was on the Mariners

im not predicting it, but i think its possible. who thought kenny rogers would shut down the yankees last week?

wright in his prime will not be anywhere near what arod was in his prime, i cant say wright is going to be more valuable over the next 3 -7 years

a) wishful thinking

B) after all it was the yanks he was facing

c) blanket statements usually prove wrong, you jus tnever know,, and we are talking about having Wright in his prime vs Arod at tail end of career

a) wishful thinking

B) after all it was the yanks he was facing

c) blanket statements usually prove wrong, you jus tnever know,, and we are talking about having Wright in his prime vs Arod at tail end of career

at this point in time, wright hasn't had a 30 HR season, hasn't lead the league in a single catagory, hasn't won a batting title, he hasn't even posted a season with an OPS+ above 138 (Arod's 2006 OPS+ was 140)

and most importantly, he's not even the best up-and-coming 3rd basemen in his own division, let alone somebody worthy of comparing to A-rod.

...In the National League.

ahh, tick tick tick,,

but all we hear are excuses, excuse excuses,, hha,, in april we didnt hear , its the NL,, we heard the Yanks will win 10, 20 more games than Mets,,

but alas,, its excuses, excuses, excuses

yanks vs mets 2006

when all the yank fans were choking on thier bits on the April tick tick tick prediction,, but here we are in October and its:

100 to 98 and still counting

southernjet, we've been dissing the NL for a longass time. well beyond this year

Wasn't SJ's premise that the Mets would be playing in teh NL this year?

Did you guy's honestly believe that teh Mets would not be playing in the NL.

Ahhh, and let's not forget the wonderful teams that the Yankeees hold court with in the AL East. Baltimore, Tampa and Toronto turned out to be some juggernaut.

People in glass houses folks, people in glass houses.

Ahhh, and let's not forget the wonderful teams that the Yankeees hold court with in the AL East. Baltimore, Tampa and Toronto turned out to be some juggernaut.

only a few ever really gave a good post in my AL East vs NL East thread..

here it is, and i will bump it

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23567&highlight=East

Baltimore is better than half the teams in the NL, and more talented than any team in the NL east (mets aside)

Toronto would easily compete in the NL with that pitching staff of bj ryan and halladay, chacin, burnett and lilly. That right there would be the best 1-5 pitching rotation in the entire NL this season + a lineup hitting .300

Case in point that the NL is so weak and AL is so strong......

The world champion white sox actually improved from 05 to 06, and yet they didnt make the playoffs.

If you're gonna diss the AL east teams do some research next time.

A Mets fan making fun of the Yankees for beating up on al east teams is the funniest thing I have ever read.

Tell me the phillies and braves are better than the red sox and bluejays LOLOL.

Go look at the bluejays roster and compare it to the cardinals - bluejays are better in every facet of the game - lineup, bullpen and starters.

The Cardinals, Dodgers and Padres wouldnt finish with a winning record in the AL.

Baltimore is better than half the teams in the NL, and more talented than any team in the NL east (mets aside)

Toronto would easily compete in the NL with that pitching staff of bj ryan and halladay, chacin, burnett and lilly. That right there would be the best 1-5 pitching rotation in the entire NL this season + a lineup hitting .300

Case in point that the NL is so weak and AL is so strong......

The world champion white sox actually improved from 05 to 06, and yet they didnt make the playoffs.

If you're gonna diss the AL east teams do some research next time.

Purely conjecture young Barton, purely conjecture.

Purely conjecture young Barton, purely conjecture.

LOL no it's f##king not dude.

Go look at the rosters

Halladay (2nd best pitcher in MLB), Burnett (another highly touted NL pitcher who fell on his face in the AL), Lilly (quality #3, how many NL teams have that? answer is none), Chacin is pretty good as well.

BJ Ryan and some good young hard throwing set up men - who do the cardinals have? dodgers?

Go look at the bluejays lineup, its a very good lineup.

LOL no it's f##king not dude.

Go look at the rosters

Halladay (2nd best pitcher in MLB), Burnett (another highly touted NL pitcher who fell on his face in the AL), Lilly (quality #3, how many NL teams have that? answer is none), Chacin is pretty good as well.

BJ Ryan and some good young hard throwing set up men - who do the cardinals have? dodgers?

Go look at the bluejays lineup, its a very good lineup.

Not one of the statements above were anything BUT opinion. Not ONE.

Not one of the statements above were anything BUT opinion. Not ONE.

Tell me a better pitcher than Halladay not named Johan Santana?

Tell me AJ Burnett was as good as they said he was going to be with that contract?

Tell me Lilly isnt a damn good #3.

Tell me the Cardinals have a better bullpen than the bluejays?

These are FACTS. FACTS.

You mets fans love to dish it out and ask why the NL is so much weaker, I show you strong arguements that are completely factually based like this, and you refuse to ignore it.

And honestly, why do you care if I or everyone else says the NL is a complete suckbag league? You're playing with the hand your dealt, and you win a world series if you can, so who really cares right.

Tell me a better pitcher than Halladay not named Johan Santana?

Tell me AJ Burnett was as good as they said he was going to be with that contract?

Tell me Lilly isnt a damn good #3.

Tell me the Cardinals have a better bullpen than the bluejays?

These are FACTS. FACTS.

You mets fans love to dish it out and ask why the NL is so much weaker, I show you strong arguements that are completely factually based like this, and you refuse to ignore it.

And honestly, why do you care if I or everyone else says the NL is a complete suckbag league? You're playing with the hand your dealt, and you win a world series if you can, so who really cares right.

They aren't facts just because they are generally accepted. It's REASONABLE to suggest that Halladay is one of the strongest pitchers in the game, but it is not fact. You have failed to use DATA to prove your case, which is always the strongest evidence you can use.

While it is absolutely true that I, personally, do not really care if the NL is weaker than the AL, I don't AGREE that it is significantly inferior to the AL. If you are ONLY going by a group of games played in May and June to make this judgement, then I cannot stand by and listen to that argument without countering it.

And in any case, even if we were to assume the NL WERE significantly weaker, that STILL does not say anything about the Mets, nor does it have any bearing on the World Series, a 7-game series in which all the stats are thrown out anyways.

Archived