Would the Cubs take Arod for Carlos Zambrano?

Green Jets & Ham

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right. Forgot about that, but I doubt the Cubs give away a guy with arguably the best stuff in the league for a guy that's as fragile mentally as eggs.

Well if we can't get back a dominant ace, I would just keep Arod

The money left of his deal, not being paid for by Texas, is 64 million for 4 Years .. that's a steal for a player who looks like a shoe-in to be the All-Time HR King .. so if I can't get a dominant starter, I wouldn't deal him

I'm only dealing Arod for a guy like Zambrano or Willis

I wanna trade him too, but I'm not giving him away ... I'll only take a dominant young SP in return

Exactly

So do you think the Cubs might swap Zambrano for Arod, Max?

That would give them an awesome top of the order with Pierre leading off and Arod, Lee and Ramierez hitting in the 3-5 spots

Do we really want to trade ARod for a Cub? No offense but that has BAD KARMA written all over it!

Ham you are right. I told this same thing to Dierking in another thread. ARod is saying that he wants to come back. The Yankees are in the drivers seat. If it makes the team better you think about it (i.e. improves the pitching staff). Otherwise you just keep the greatest player of all time.

Not the end of the world.

With the status of Wood and Prior, why on the green Earth would the Cubs trade away a young Cy Young Contender for an aging, overpaid, and overrated SS/3B?

Because Zambrano will probably leave them in 365 days, and Arod is a gold glove SS.....

Arod for Zambrano ... you think the Cubbies bite?

I know they have Ramirez at 3B, but they can shift Arod back over to SS

EDIT: I'm an idiot and confused my Zambranos. I still hold to my previously-stated preference:

Besides, if we get rid of ARod we need to get a real-live solid 3B. I like ARod for Cabrera... any deal is going to be ARod + LOTS of Cash. I don't know if the Marlins would do it, but we need a YOUNG 3B -- Miggy would be GREAT, but a balanced player in general would be nice.

Well if we can't get back a dominant ace, I would just keep Arod

Assuming we can sign Zito in FA, and/or trade Matsui for a young arm, you wouldn't do ARod for Miguel Cabrera (+better chemistry)??

ARod and Jeter don't get along at all. Giambi isn't great for chemistry either, but ARod is probably hurts the team more by just showing up than anyone or anything else.

Assuming we can sign Zito in FA, and/or trade Matsui for a young arm, you wouldn't do ARod for Miguel Cabrera (+better chemistry)??

ARod and Jeter don't get along at all. Giambi isn't great for chemistry either, but ARod is probably hurts the team more by just showing up than anyone or anything else.

Both ARod and Matsui have no trade clauses with Matsui being the last guy the Yanks should look to deal.

Why would the Marlins trade Cabrera for Arod? Cabrera is a better player and alot younger and cheaper. Thats definetly not happening, ever.

Matsui for a young arm? Who would give a good young arm for him? I dont see that happening either.

And to be honest, I'd be shocked if we signed Zito. Shocked.

Once again, have to disagree.

If he came to Chicago and did not produce, the boo birds would be out in full force.

That wouldn't be an issue. In that small ballpark and with lower preassure then playing in NY he'd be back to the old arod. he also wouldn't have jeter playing 50 feet to the left of him. the cubs would be his team. Chicago would be a good place for him to fix his carrer...

He still isn't a free agent. He CLEARLY is still currently under contract with the Cubs.
Why the hell would a THIRD BASEMAN who is coming off a carrer season when his value will NEVER be higher pass up free agentcy and a long term/ big money contract when he has the chance? That makes ZERO sense.

That wouldn't be an issue. In that small ballpark and with lower preassure then playing in NY he'd be back to the old arod. he also wouldn't have jeter playing 50 feet to the left of him. the cubs would be his team. Chicago would be a good place for him to fix his carrer...

I agree. I think gAyRod would be a great fit at Wrigley.

BUT, he is not immune to boos if we are wrong about how well he'll adjust. In fact, Cubs fans could probably make him feel just as bad as NY fans. Just ask LaTroy Hawkins.

Why the hell would a THIRD BASEMAN who is coming off a carrer season when his value will NEVER be higher pass up free agentcy and a long term/ big money contract when he has the chance? That makes ZERO sense.

I am not saying Aramis won't opt out. He probably will.

I was saying that you were wrong in calling him a free agent. He ain't a free agent 'til he's a free agent. And, as of this very second, he is under contract.

I agree. I think gAyRod would be a great fit at Wrigley.

BUT, he is not immune to boos if we are wrong about how well he'll adjust. In fact, Cubs fans could probably make him feel just as bad as NY fans. Just ask LaTroy Hawkins.

A big reason that arod gets booed is that jeter is right there and jeter is everything arod isn't. the new york fans see that and thats a BIG reason he gets booed. That wouldn't be the case in chicago.

I am not saying Aramis won't opt out. He probably will.

I was saying that you were wrong in calling him a free agent. He ain't a free agent 'til he's a free agent. And, as of this very second, he is under contract.

Ok he's not a FA right now but he will be in a number of days. Same difference.

A big reason that arod gets booed is that jeter is right there and jeter is everything arod isn't. the new york fans see that and thats a BIG reason he gets booed. That wouldn't be the case in chicago.

Give me a break.

gAyRod is so much better than Jeter, it's ridiculous. If that is really the mindset of Yank fans when they boo gAyrod, then they are the dumbest ****ing fans in baseball.

Give me a break.

gAyRod is so much better than Jeter, it's ridiculous. If that is really the mindset of Yank fans when they boo gAyrod, then they are the dumbest ****ing fans in baseball.

Jeter had a better year then ARod this year but you're right in their carrers arod has been a much better player. The bottom line though is that jeter has 4 rings and gets nothing but big hit after big hit while arod gagged in the same situations in the playoffs or in big spots late in games.

Archived