Zito blows.

Jetsfan80

LOL. You killed him mate. What were you thinking with the other thread?

That was on PURPOSE, Gainzo. Max (and several other Yankee fans) have done nothing but sing his praises and wonder why the Mets never traded for him. I have gotten my revenge.

The kid smokes pot, has long hair, and plays guitar. He doesn't belong in NY. This is further proof why. HE CAN'T WIN in the playoffs.

That was on PURPOSE, Gainzo. Max (and several other Yankee fans) have done nothing but sing his praises and wonder why the Mets never traded for him. I have gotten my revenge.

The kid smokes pot, has long hair, and plays guitar. He doesn't belong in NY. This is further proof why. HE CAN'T WIN in the playoffs.

He can play for the Red Sox and "chill" at my place then!

See: thread where I jinxed the hell out of the kid. Can't wait to see him in a Yankee uniform blowing up in the NYC pressure.

Max, you were sure right about this guy. He's from Oakland, no chance he evaporates in the clutch!

He outdueled johan frickin santana a week ago, and his career postseason era is under 3.00

SHUTTY!

As impossible as it sounds, is there any chance that the Tigers are good?

The Tigers pitch very well. They hit a lot of HRs. They play above average defense. Teams still can't run on I-Rod.

Yes, they do a lot of things right. They also have a very smart Baseball man for a Manager.

I'm kinda sorry for the outburst, because I think Oakland is a very good team. I expect this series to be a long one. Oakland could very well win it.

But having watched the Pistons take a lot of crap when when we all had man-crushes on Kobe & Shaq, and now the Tigers having to deal with it...You can learn a lot about what it will be like when the Jets actually get to a SB.

The year that happens, nobody will say the Jets were very good, they'll just say everyone sucked MORE than the Jets.

Jerry --

I think you are right. But I for one will say that the Yankees lost to the better team. They were outplayed, outcoached and outscouted so to speak.

They got their a$$es handed to them by a BETTER team. Simple as that.

Jerry --

I think you are right. But I for one will say that the Yankees lost to the better team. They were outplayed, outcoached and outscouted so to speak.

If you really think the tigers are better then the yankees you must not have been paying attention when they played during the season and to the tigers' 2nd half preformence.

Jerry --

Man-for man, up and down the roster, the Tigers are not the better team. But they played as a team, something the Yankees had no clue of in the ALDS.

He outdueled johan frickin santana a week ago, and his career postseason era is under 3.00

SHUTTY!

The Twins had the weakest lineup in the postseason. More often than not, Zito has been weaker in the postseason than he normally is in the regular season. That's why he wasn't traded at the deadline. No one wanted a rental who has proven to be inconsistent in the postseason.

Man-for man, up and down the roster, the Tigers are not the better team. But they played as a team, something the Yankees had no clue of in the ALDS.

agree,, its still a team sport,, unless there is great disparity between team the better TEAM usually prevails in long run

The Twins had the weakest lineup in the postseason. More often than not, Zito has been weaker in the postseason than he normally is in the regular season. That's why he wasn't traded at the deadline. No one wanted a rental who has proven to be inconsistent in the postseason.

A lineup with tori hunter, a batting champion and an mvp candidate plus some good role players who can hit like Cuddyer. I'd say the lineup was stonger than the dodgers, cardinals, athletics and definetly the padres.

Thats a weak arguement, 80. I've said in the past that Zito is slightly overrated, but give credit where credit is due, he was an ace that day.

Zito will be a Met.

A lineup with tori hunter, a batting champion and an mvp candidate plus some good role players who can hit like Cuddyer. I'd say the lineup was stonger than the dodgers, cardinals, athletics and definetly the padres.

Thats a weak arguement, 80. I've said in the past that Zito is slightly overrated, but give credit where credit is due, he was an ace that day.

Zito will be a Met.

As long as he's not a Yankee I'll be happy. He's a borderline #2, definitely #3 starter who will be commanding #1 money.

If Minaya didn't pull the trigger for him at the deadline, what makes you think he'll do it in the offseason?

It only costs money, and the mets have a sucky a$$ pitching staff? Peterson connection.....

Zito would cruise in the NL. With the Mets offense, he could post up at least 18 wins.

It only costs money, and the mets have a sucky a$$ pitching staff? Peterson connection.....

Zito would cruise in the NL. With the Mets offense, he could post up at least 18 wins.

I don't trust Zito when the playoffs come around. Only way I go after Zito is if we have an ace that we can COUNT on when handing him the ball for a crucial win. I wouldn't mind having him, but I don't think he likes NYC. This raises the price we'd have to pay to get him.

I don't trust Zito when the playoffs come around. Only way I go after Zito is if we have an ace that we can COUNT on when handing him the ball for a crucial win. I wouldn't mind having him, but I don't think he likes NYC. This raises the price we'd have to pay to get him.

I tend to agree with you on this alittle.

I tend to agree with you on this alittle.

So now you can see why its not a slam dunk for the Mets to get him. When a player doesn't like the city he plays in, this affects performance and cannot be ignored. I don't feel like paying big money for a question mark when there are other options.

So now you can see why its not a slam dunk for the Mets to get him. When a player doesn't like the city he plays in, this affects performance and cannot be ignored. I don't feel like paying big money for a question mark when there are other options.

Well, I disagree here.

I think in the al east, it would be a risk for the Yankees because the Al east lineups are sick and Zito has had trouble with them.

But in the NL? I just happen to think he'd cruise.

Well, I disagree here.

I think in the al east, it would be a risk for the Yankees because the Al east lineups are sick and Zito has had trouble with them.

But in the NL? I just happen to think he'd cruise.

ya i would be afraid of tampa and baltimore also

Archived