2nd Duke dancer says 'Not Guilty' on 60 Minutes

SouthernJet

Updated: Oct. 12, 2006, 3:00 PM ET

Report: Second Duke dancer contradicts accuser

ESPN.com news services

In June, a second exotic dancer in the Duke University sexual assault case called the accuser's allegations a "crock." Now, she's going into detail.

In an interview set to air Sunday on "60 Minutes," Kim Roberts, who danced at the same party where the sexual assault allegedly took place and who goes by the stage name Nikki, directly contradicts a statement the accuser gave police.

"In the police statement, [the accuser] describes the rape in this way: 'Three guys grabbed Nikki.' That's you," correspondent Ed Bradley asked Roberts. "'Brett, Adam and Matt grabbed me. They separated us at the master bedroom door while we tried to hold on to each other. Bret, Adam and Matt took me into the bathroom.' Were you holding on to each other? Were you pulled apart?"

"Nope," Roberts replied, who added that she was hearing that account of events for the first time.

Roberts also denied that she had tried to help dress the accuser after the assault and said, "She obviously wasn't hurt ... because she was fine."

On June 8, lawyers for Reade Seligmann, 20, one of three team members charged in the case, filed court papers citing a statement from Roberts calling the accuser's allegations a "crock."

According to a March 20 statement written by a Durham police investigator, Roberts "stated that she heard that [the accuser] was sexually assaulted, which she stated is a 'crock' and she stated that she was with her the whole time until she left."

The defense lawyers argued that prosecutors omitted that statement when they got court permission in March to obtain photographs and DNA samples from team members.

Both women had been hired to perform at the party as exotic dancers.

Updated: Oct. 12, 2006, 3:00 PM ET

Report: Second Duke dancer contradicts accuser

ESPN.com news services

In June, a second exotic dancer in the Duke University sexual assault case called the accuser's allegations a "crock." Now, she's going into detail.

In an interview set to air Sunday on "60 Minutes," Kim Roberts, who danced at the same party where the sexual assault allegedly took place and who goes by the stage name Nikki, directly contradicts a statement the accuser gave police.

"In the police statement, [the accuser] describes the rape in this way: 'Three guys grabbed Nikki.' That's you," correspondent Ed Bradley asked Roberts. "'Brett, Adam and Matt grabbed me. They separated us at the master bedroom door while we tried to hold on to each other. Bret, Adam and Matt took me into the bathroom.' Were you holding on to each other? Were you pulled apart?"

"Nope," Roberts replied, who added that she was hearing that account of events for the first time.

Roberts also denied that she had tried to help dress the accuser after the assault and said, "She obviously wasn't hurt ... because she was fine."

On June 8, lawyers for Reade Seligmann, 20, one of three team members charged in the case, filed court papers citing a statement from Roberts calling the accuser's allegations a "crock."

According to a March 20 statement written by a Durham police investigator, Roberts "stated that she heard that [the accuser] was sexually assaulted, which she stated is a 'crock' and she stated that she was with her the whole time until she left."

The defense lawyers argued that prosecutors omitted that statement when they got court permission in March to obtain photographs and DNA samples from team members.

Both women had been hired to perform at the party as exotic dancers.

I don't think we will ever know exactly what happened. I don't think there was a rape, but I also don't think the lacrosse team were choir boys either.

Something happened.

That "soemthing" wasn't gentlemanly, but it wasnt' a crime either.

Agree.

Did a Duke lax player ask for a BJ and offered $20 bucks? Maybe.

Were they making racial jokes? Probably (considering the entire team, bar one, was white).

Archived