Pujols

T-Mac

Did he have a meltdown in front of the media yesterday? I'm a bit surprised to hear him say Glavine stunk. Always thought he had a little class. Sour grapes.

I think it was just his frustration. After all, he went 0-4. Pujols has always been classy but maybe his true colors were coming out.

LL

Pujols seems to be a standup guy. It's probably the frustration boiling over, that and he did hit 2 line shots right at someone. St. Louis actually had quite a few hard hit balls right at someone. The Mets defense was tremendous last night and Glavine was Grrrrrreat!!

You guys need to be careful what you say about Pujols. You shut him down for ONE game. The guy can easily come back and carry the team in 4 straight. Just a thought. :)

Dude, why are you even here. The yank threads are around here somewhere...dormant...go post something in them and join your buddy Uart who is on vacation from baseball.

LL

You guys need to be careful what you say about Pujols. You shut him down for ONE game. The guy can easily come back and carry the team in 4 straight. Just a thought. :)

No Sh!t - If you keep him down for a game, just be thankful for the moment. This guy doesn't stay down long and will kill you with his bat.

F Albert Pooh-holes!

I dont know why most of you ballwash this guy like he's the best thing since sliced bread? WTF has he ever done since he's been a Cardinal besides fatten up his stats against the Pirates and Reds pitchers who are only slightly better than ME at pitching! I coulda hit those guys when I was in high school.

The Cardinals suck...and I dont want to hear any more about Pooh-holes. If he wants to be considered great while still playing in the National League, tell him to join the Mets because they're quite obviously the only team that can hang with the AL.

Pooh-holes is a JV MVP.

Dude, why are you even here. The yank threads are around here somewhere...dormant...go post something in them and join your buddy Uart who is on vacation from baseball.

LL

l

I speak the truth. You may not want to celebrate too quickly. It's a best of 7 and you kept him in check ONE game . The man is a great ball player.

I dont know why most of you ballwash this guy like he's the best thing since sliced bread? WTF has he ever done since he's been a Cardinal besides fatten up his stats against the Pirates and Reds pitchers who are only slightly better than ME at pitching! I coulda hit those guys when I was in high school.

Actually, the Reds had the 13th best pitching staff in baseball, and the Pirates had the 14th best. After the all-star break, the Pirates had the 7th best and the Reds had the 10th best. Too bad he couldn't face the red sox 24 or so times a year, they were never better than 26th. He probably would have hit 10 home runs off of Beckett alone.

Actually, the Reds had the 13th best pitching staff in baseball, and the Pirates had the 14th best. After the all-star break, the Pirates had the 7th best and the Reds had the 10th best. Too bad he couldn't face the red sox 24 or so times a year, they were never better than 26th. He probably would have hit 10 home runs off of Beckett alone.

(sigh) Idiot.

The NL (sans '06 NY Mets) not only has inferior pitchers but they have inferior hitters as well. The NL (sans '06 NY Mets) is flat out inferior to the AL. How did Interleague play work out for the NL this past year? Forget the head-to-head comparison because thats not even fair, did the NL even win a series? I mean where have you been for the past decade?

When each NL team has a #8 hitter that would be fortunate to be a #9 hitter on an AL team, and a #9 hitter that is the opposing freakin' pitcher...of course their stats are going to be inflated!

And your Josh Beckett remark is also way off...he was virtually dominant in the NL and quite obviously should have stayed there where he would still be virtually dominant.

Dude, Albert Pooh-holes is a fraud.

(sigh) Idiot.

The NL (sans '06 NY Mets) not only has inferior pitchers but they have inferior hitters as well. The NL (sans '06 NY Mets) is flat out inferior to the AL. How did Interleague play work out for the NL this past year? Forget the head-to-head comparison because thats not even fair, did the NL even win a series? I mean where have you been for the past decade?

When each NL team has a #8 hitter that would be fortunate to be a #9 hitter on an AL team, and a #9 hitter that is the opposing freakin' pitcher...of course their stats are going to be inflated!

And your Josh Beckett remark is also way off...he was virtually dominant in the NL and quite obviously should have stayed there where he would still be virtually dominant.

Dude, Albert Pooh-holes is a fraud.

20 for 57, 12 runs, 5 HR, 13 RBI

Pujols against the "vastly superior" American League this season. Not to mention, he played most of those games right as he was coming off the disabled list.

Actually, the NL won 30 series this year. Also, 3 years ago, the NL had the better record, 2 years ago the AL had a better record by just 1 game. And only this year did the AL pass the NL in their overall interleague play records.

And like Troll pointed out, Pujols numbers against the AL this year weren't too bad. They would have projected to a 116 run, 48 HR, and 126 RBI season. Compared to his 119/49/137. Not that big of a difference. In fact, if he got an equal number of ABs, it would be better than anyone on the whole red sox team including Ortiz.

Actually, the NL won 30 series this year. Also, 3 years ago, the NL had the better record, 2 years ago the AL had a better record by just 1 game. And only this year did the AL pass the NL in their overall interleague play records.

And like Troll pointed out, Pujols numbers against the AL this year weren't too bad. They would have projected to a 116 run, 48 HR, and 126 RBI season. Compared to his 119/49/137. Not that big of a difference. In fact, if he got an equal number of ABs, it would be better than anyone on the whole red sox team including Ortiz.

Don't forget that Pujols was rounding back into shape against the American League teams. I would say that makes up for the miniscule discrepancies in his projected AL line.

Albert Pujols is the best hitter in baseball, in either league. Put him in the AL, and he does the exact same thing.

Archived