Piniella appears to be Cubs' choice

JetNation

I'd prefer Girardi over Lou as well, but Alfred E. Neuman would be welcomed over Baker.

Lou Pinella is the same guy as Dusty Baker, except that Pinella is good for a few SportsCenter temper tantrums a year.

Pinella is a Dusty clone. Same favoritism to ****ty vets over promising rooks. Same misuse of pitchers. Same ****, different pile.

**** you, Jim Hendry, you fat piece of ****.

I thought Giradi was a shoo-in for that job. Northwestern guy, former Cubbie himself, and a young vibrabt guy who is coming off an outstanding season with unknown talent.

Guess Hendry is going with a more proven commodity. Why, I am not sure.

Lou Pinella is the same guy as Dusty Baker, except that Pinella is good for a few SportsCenter temper tantrums a year.

Pinella is a Dusty clone. Same favoritism to ****ty vets over promising rooks. Same misuse of pitchers. Same ****, different pile.

**** you, Jim Hendry, you fat piece of ****.

Hendry just hired Pinella because he is CONTROLLABLE! Girardi will call a spade a spade..

LL

Hendry just hired Pinella because he is CONTROLLABLE! Girardi will call a spade a spade..

LL

Pinella and controllable are 2 words that usually do not go in the same sentence. However, compared to Giradi, Lou is more of a "company man" who will follow the "company line".

Cubs should take Girardi, he's the better manager with younger talent.

Thats a fact SJ and that's my biggest rub with Lou coming on board. As Troll mentioned, Lou does have some of Bakers characteristics. But the one thing I do like about Lou is there won't be any misunderstanding of objectives and directives. ie.. primadonna's that don't want to follow instructions and get their heads on right can take a seat by him on the bench.

Archived