Lowest rated player on Madden 07 speaks out

Alk

"My horrible passer ratings are of greatest misfortune to my son, Red Beard Jr. The poor boy is not only hideously ugly and covered by freakishly large freckles. He also has to suffer through playing catch with me and my senile-elderly-woman-type passer ratings. A session of tossing the pigskin usually consists of me missing my son by thirty yards in sporadic directions"

haha

"My horrible passer ratings are of greatest misfortune to my son, Red Beard Jr. The poor boy is not only hideously ugly and covered by freakishly large freckles. He also has to suffer through playing catch with me and my senile-elderly-woman-type passer ratings. A session of tossing the pigskin usually consists of me missing my son by thirty yards in sporadic directions"

haha

The line right after is the best one in the whole article "I led him in front of a fire truck once and my wife kicked my ass."

The line right after is the best one in the whole article "I led him in front of a fire truck once and my wife kicked my ass. This is because of my 76 toughness rating."

You left that part out. That makes the line even better.

"I was rated with a throwing power of 17 and accuracy of 16. Orlando Pace has a 22 power and 17 accuracy rating. Did someone at EA really put time into figuring out that Orlando Pace edges out Ethan Albright in both throwing power and accuracy? I will challenge him any day."

I always wondered about this. Like, Ben Graham apparently has a rocket arm in Madden, but I've never seen him throw a ball, or do anything other than punt one. WTF?

"I was rated with a throwing power of 17 and accuracy of 16. Orlando Pace has a 22 power and 17 accuracy rating. Did someone at EA really put time into figuring out that Orlando Pace edges out Ethan Albright in both throwing power and accuracy? I will challenge him any day."

I always wondered about this. Like, Ben Graham apparently has a rocket arm in Madden, but I've never seen him throw a ball, or do anything other than punt one. WTF?

I'm guessing they do that to boost the players overall rating without giving him some superhuman strength.

I'm guessing they do that to boost the players overall rating without giving him some superhuman strength.

Yeah, but they have different criteria for overall # based on what position a player is. Try this: Go in and edit a player, change their position from like TE to FB or something -- whichever you like. Their overall number will change.

Why not just make the Punter number based SOLELY on the punting-related stats?

I dunno. It still doesn't make sense to me, but it sure as hell makes trick plays fun.

Archived