Nice quote from....

strange_andy

Nice story about Jets fans and some old time Jets players was also part of his column-

"h. Finally, this dispatch from Brian Hyland, my tough-talking HBO boss who's got a pretty soft side: "Sometimes you see something that makes you remember why you love football. Saturday night I was at a fund-raiser for a buddy's sick father -- a mountain of a man who's been cut down by pancreatic cancer. When I say mountain, I mean it. Jack Sullivan is a gigantic guy -- 250-plus pounds, with one of those tough, whisky-soaked Irish faces and a smile that would make any stranger in the bar feel welcome. His friends gathered together to raise money for his care and to show how much he's loved as he fights this horrible disease.

"Jack is just a normal, knockaround guy, which means he's a prince of his city. He's worked for Con Ed for over two decades and three of his sons have fought in the war against terror. His son Matty Sullivan, my friend, is a New York City cop who just got back from a year-long tour or duty in Baghdad. Anyway, the things that have been most important to Jack over the years have been family, friends, hard work, service to country and the New York Jets.

"Old Jack and his boys are there rooting on the Jets every Sunday. Have been for years. From Shea to the Meadowlands; from Namath to Pennington; from bad football to truly horrific football; from one chemo treatment to the next, Jack Sullivan has been there, a normal guy who loves his team. So what does it mean? What does a fan, who is fighting cancer, get back from the players he's loved and supported for so many years at the most vulnerable time of his life? Well, after a few beers were drunk and after the speeches from Jack's union brothers and Army buddies, who comes out from the back room to surprise Jack Sullivan? Only Wesley Walker, Bruce Harper and his all-time favorite Jet, Joe Klecko (holding Jack's baby grandson).

"These old Jets did not know Jack Sullivan. They were made aware that Jack was sick and that he loved the Jets so they went out of their way on a Saturday night to show up and tell Jack Sullivan that he meant something to them, because he was a great, great fan. More than a few tears were shed -- not just for Jack Sullivan, but for the reminder that there's something special about heroes.'' "

Even if he picks the Jets to win the Super Bowl, one fact will never change: Peter King is a know nothing fat bastard.

maybe not dna........ if the latte lapping lard keeps losing weight he could change into a know nothing skinny bastard.

:P I can tell just by looking at his bloated ass that he is going to fall off the wagon big time. If he weighs 300lbs now, he will go to 400lbs when he has a relapse

The Lions game should be a win, but kevin jones will put up a 100 on us and we don't have anyone who can cover roy williams...

I think this is going to be a high scoring game.

Team that doesn't turn the ball over will win...

Here is hoping that Kitna is erratic.

Penis King in his MMQB:

I think the Jets are going to be 5-3 on Halloween, resting for their bye week. They're 3-3, with Detroit (home) and Cleveland (at Cleveland) straight ahead. When Pennington takes care of the ball, this team can play with most everyone.

You guys are right... Peter King is an idiot.

The Lions game should be a win, but kevin jones will put up a 100 on us and we don't have anyone who can cover roy williams...

I think this is going to be a high scoring game.

Team that doesn't turn the ball over will win...

Here is hoping that Kitna is erratic.

I think this is a trap game, Detroit is way better than it's record. Their problem is their defense, they have a potent offense. THIS IS NOT A GIMME GAME!

Archived