Piniella wants A-Rod

uart

HUGE market? Who can afford to pay this Choking diva that type of money? not many teams...so you need to lay off the peace pipe. Choke-Rod doesnt have many suitors...especially after his performance in the past three postseasons..

LL

16 million a year for 4 years is a better deal then soriano or lee (the 2 best FA hitters) is gonna get. His contract is VERY reasonable.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL His NTC dosn't matter because they would have to work out the deal before he'd asked to waive it. As far as burrell for arod that would NEVER happen. Cashman would laugh in their face if they offered such a joke deal. There is no comparison between Arod and Burrell.

Yeah, you are right. Burrell does not have the protection in teh line-up that A-Rod had.

Blinders, Mike, blinders

So, you are happy that A-rod has not contributed to the "most important" category for teh Yankees?

Gotcha

LOL your spin is almost as sickining as TX man. Just because the yankees might want to trade arod and they arn't happy with him DOES NOT mean that they have to accept crap for him.

LOL your spin is almost as sickining as TX man. Just because the yankees might want to trade arod and they arn't happy with him DOES NOT mean that they have to accept crap for him.

You say I am talking spin, but you just contradicted yourself in your own sentence.

No, they won't have to accept "crap" for him. Just not what you are thinking. They will "pretty up" the deal with some mid-level prospects that have a 50-50 chance of ever seeing a major league roster, to make it look like "substance".

You say I am talking spin, but you just contradicted yourself in your own sentence.

No, they won't have to accept "crap" for him. Just not what you are thinking. They will "pretty up" the deal with some mid-level prospects that have a 50-50 chance of ever seeing a major league roster, to make it look like "substance".

WRONG. They will get ALOT more then mid-level prospects. And i didn't contradict ANYTHING. The reasons the yankees might want to move him have NOTHING do with what they will get for him. The market dictates that and there is a HUGE market for arod considering his resonable contract.

Max-The Yankees WANTED Bobby Abreu, also. Look what they gave in return.

WHY, WHY, if A-Rod is thhis great talent, would the Yankees even entertain tradinghim?>

Think there is some baggage there?

That was a salary dump. The Yankees are buyers in the Salary Dump dept, not sellers.

They don't have to get rid of this guy. If they do it is because they got excellent value in return. Not because they saved 16 million.

WRONG. They will get ALOT more then mid-level prospects. And i didn't contradict ANYTHING. The reasons the yankees might want to move him have NOTHING do with what they will get for him. The market dictates that and there is a HUGE market for arod considering his resonable contract.

Mike-

I realize that the reason that the Yankees "might" want to move him has NOTHING to do with what the Yankees will get for him. Unfortunately, at least for you and your point, the rest of baseball realizes that also.

Yeah, choking on a 16 mill contract that handcuffs a team creates HUGE markets all the time.

Yes, they will get more than mid level prospects, they will get a mid-level established major leaguer as well.

Her Mike, I will let you play Brian Cashman:

Sell me on why I should want A-Rod on my team. And I realize that there will be some ancillaries with attendance.

That was a salary dump. The Yankees are buyers in the Salary Dump dept, not sellers.

They don't have to get rid of this guy. If they do it is because they got excellent value in return. Not because they saved 16 million.

Exactly Max the yankees hold all the cards here.

Mike-

I realize that the reason that the Yankees "might" want to move him has NOTHING to do with what the Yankees will get for him. Unfortunately, at least for you and your point, the rest of baseball realizes that also.

Yeah, choking on a 16 mill contract that handcuffs a team creates HUGE markets all the time.

Yes, they will get more than mid level prospects, they will get a mid-level established major leaguer as well.

Her Mike, I will let you play Brian Cashman:

Sell me on why I should want A-Rod on my team. And I realize that there will be some ancillaries with attendance.

Cashman won't have to "sell" anyone. There are already teams lining up to try and trade for arod. 16 million over 4 years is NOT a contract that handcuffs a team. No matter how many times you say that it's not true every time.

Cashman won't have to "sell" anyone. There are already teams lining up to try and trade for arod. 16 million over 4 years is NOT a contract that handcuffs a team. No matter how many times you say that it's not true every time.

Madmike-Please list for me the teams that have 16 million dollar players on their team

Now, please list for me teh teams that are "lining up" and what they are offering.

Also, list for me the teams that A-Rod has approved a trade to.

I am interested in your information.

Madmike-Please list for me the teams that have 16 million dollar players on their team

Now, please list for me teh teams that are "lining up" and what they are offering.

Also, list for me the teams that A-Rod has approved a trade to.

I am interested in your information.

Any team wanting to add offense will take on that contract in a SECOND. As i said before it will be MUCH more resonable then any of the best FA hitters will get.

At least 5 teams have asked about arod including the white sox and angles and more are to come. Arod won't be asked to waive his NTC till there is a done deal and it's very premature for that. But any person with common sense knows that already...

Any team wanting to add offense will take on that contract in a SECOND. As i said before it will be MUCH more resonable then any of the best FA hitters will get.

At least 5 teams have asked about arod including the white sox and angles and more are to come. Arod won't be asked to waive his NTC till there is a done deal and it's very premature for that. But any person with common sense knows that already...

Mike, where is this information that "more are to come". Is this inside info that you have?

What are they offering?

You mean to tell me, the Yankees and another team will work out all of teh particulars of a trade and THEN ask A-Rod to waive his no-trade?

Pretty interesting stuff you have there Mike.

Mike, where is this information that "more are to come". Is this inside info that you have?

What are they offering?

You mean to tell me, the Yankees and another team will work out all of teh particulars of a trade and THEN ask A-Rod to waive his no-trade?

Pretty interesting stuff you have there Mike.

Every baseball scource says that there will be a HUGE market for arod including the boston homer peter gammons. I'll believe those people and my common sense over you. I'm not privy to the descussions. Trades are ALWAYS made first and the player is asked to waive his NTC later. Maybe if you followed baseball you'd know that...

Max honestly, unless the Captain puts the team before his petty dispute with ARod don't you think that yes the Yanks are actually in dump mode here?

Every baseball scource says that there will be a HUGE market for arod including the boston homer peter gammons. I'll believe those people and my common sense over you. I'm not privy to the descussions. Trades are ALWAYS made first and the player is asked to waive his NTC later. Maybe if you followed baseball you'd know that...

Hmmm, so it NEVER happens that a player is asked to submit a list of teams that he would be willing to accept a trade, and then trades are consummated? Really, Mike?

You really are a font of information this morning.

Since I am so in teh dark, would you mind submmitting a link to EVERY baseball source that says there is a HUGE market for A-Rod?

Max honestly, unless the Captain puts the team before his petty dispute with ARod don't you think that yes the Yanks are actually in dump mode here?
No i wouldn't say that at all. The yankees have already stated that they have no trouble bringing arod back to the team.. If they trade him it will be because we're getting somthing of value in return.

Correct the market will be huge IF ARod waves his no trade, but if you are the Cubs GM, do you trade Zambrano and Aramis?

Exactly how are the Cubs a better team for that deal?

Hmmm, so it NEVER happens that a player is asked to submit a list of teams that he would be willing to accept a trade, and then trades are consummated? Really, Mike?

You really are a font of information this morning.

Since I am so in teh dark, would you mind submmitting a link to EVERY baseball source that says there is a HUGE market for A-Rod?

Those lists of teams are made WHEN THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED not when the team wants a player to waive it.

I'm not gonna do reasearch for you. Go do it yourself. Maybe you wouldn't sound so stupid and uninformed if you did.

No i wouldn't say that at all. The yankees have already stated that they have no trouble bringing arod back to the team.. If they trade him it will be because we're getting somthing of value in return.

OK time out....ARod = great talent and is in huge demand soooooo why are we looking to trade him again?

Mike, this report must be wrong

http://diamondbacks.scout.com/2/559776.html

Since you know so much how baseball works, and I so little, please tell the news source how little they know

They were in the FINAL stages of trade talks and he was asked to waive his no trade clause. How is that any different from anything i've said? The word finalize implys they were in the last stages talks. There is nothing like that going on as of now with arod.

They were in the FINAL stages of trade talks and he was asked to waive his no trade clause. How is that any different from anything i've said? The word finalize implys they were in the last stages talks. There is nothing like that going on as of now with arod.

The report says NOTHING like that.

Mike-post something with fact in it, otherwise you are talking out of your ass, which you really appear to be doing.

How can a trade be in FINAL stages, when teh players in return are not agreed upon.

What does FINAL STAGES mean to you mike?

Please tell me you have pinned your credibility on something more than mere double talk.

Stop throwing aramis into the trades. he's a FA and the cubs won't control him.

No he's not....he can opt out of his current contract which they are renegotiating right now.

The Cubs and Aramis Ramirez exchanged figures on a contract extension on the weekend.

Both sides are open to discussing an extension to Ramirez's contract, which he currently could opt out of and become a free agent if he chooses. A-Ram's original deal, signed at the start of the 2005 season, pays him $42 million over four years. A new deal would probably add two years at $13 million to $15 million per year.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

The report says NOTHING like that.

Mike-post something with fact in it, otherwise you are talking out of your ass, which you really appear to be doing.

How can a trade be in FINAL stages, when teh players in return are not agreed upon.

What does FINAL STAGES mean to you mike?

Please tell me you have pinned your credibility on something more than mere double talk.

UGH you are completely offbase. The mets were the ONLY TEAM talking to the dbacks willing to take green and they had agreed on a list of players that might be traded according to the post that day if i remember correctly. Thats a COMPLETELY different situation then whats going on with arod where there will be ALOT of teams in on the talks.

No he's not....he can opt out of his current contract which they are renegotiating right now.

The Cubs and Aramis Ramirez exchanged figures on a contract extension on the weekend.

Both sides are open to discussing an extension to Ramirez's contract, which he currently could opt out of and become a free agent if he chooses. A-Ram's original deal, signed at the start of the 2005 season, pays him $42 million over four years. A new deal would probably add two years at $13 million to $15 million per year.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

There is NO CHANCE he dosn't opt out. He'll get much more then that on the open market.

There is NO CHANCE he dosn't opt out. He'll get much more then that on the open market.

Much more than 15 mil? Be more specific. I think Ramirez is good but I really don't see him being a $20 mil per season type of player. I could be wrong but we'll see if somebody gives him a 3 yr $60 million dollar deal.

UGH you are completely offbase. The mets were the ONLY TEAM talking to the dbacks willing to take green and they had agreed on a list of players that might be traded according to the post that day if i remember correctly. Thats a COMPLETELY different situation then whats going on with arod where there will be ALOT of teams in on the talks.

Mike-It was YOU that said they would come to agreement with a team first and THEN approach A-rod.

It was YOU that said it NEVER works where they approach the player fiorst, before they consummate a deal, and said I knew nothing about baseball in suggesting that happens.

I showed you exactly where it happens

Mike-You withdraw from statements that ask you to clarify, and you double talk which sounds like nonsense.

I suggest before to call others out on what they know, you clean your own deck first. It is a mess.

Much more than 15 mil? Be more specific. I think Ramirez is good but I really don't see him being a $20 mil per season type of player. I could be wrong but we'll see if somebody gives him a 3 yr $60 million dollar deal.

Much more not only in money but in years. That article had him taking a 2 year extention. Why would a guy his age with his numbers at that high a value posision take anything less then 6 years?

Archived