Patriots say goodbye to the sandbox?

Buldawg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Patriots are scheduled to re-sod the middle of the field after the scheduled filiming of "Game On" with that Rock actor (I use the term actor loosely here) is done. Should be complete prior to the next home game.

This field turf stuff would be installed AFTER this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had half of the field as sand and the other half as FieldTurf to try to gain an advantage somehow :)

Yeah and then they'll put the field on casters and when the teams switch ends, they'll just flip the field around. Yeah yeah, that's the ticket!!

Because they are a bush league, no-class organization masquerading as a first rate organization.

Bush league teams don't have three super bowl trophies sitting in their trophy case. They also don't have their very own state of the art stadium.

i guess thats the end of mumbles " midnight bangs" with his Shenocca anymore on the 50 yd line

There was so much sand mumbles felt like he was at jones beach

Now he must deal with grass stains we all know he is too cheap for that!

They're talking about field turf. Not real grass, more like shag carpet baby. All he has to worry about is rugburns which can be a real bitch I might add. :)

Im tellin ya, i think you hate them more than the fish

That wont ever happen.

They are irrelevant to me as far as a rivalry goes. They are a division game, like the Bills. Then there are the Mammals.

Jets-Fish is the AFC equivalent of Yanks-Red Sox.

Jets-NE is more like Yanks-Blue Jays

I think Jetcane's speil is kind of funny, actually. He is the biggest 'Canes booster I've ever seen and we all know what a class act that organization is.:wink:

Dealing with 18-21 year old athletes is a little different then upper management shirking its responsibilities to field a contender in order to pocket 18 million in cap money

Yes, the school administrators down in Miami must be squeaky clean. I see that there was only one suspension for that brawl. Excellent message for those impressionable 18-21 year old criminals.

Just for those of you who do not live in the Boston area, here's the real scoop on the Pats field.

It will be re-soded on 10/24 - when they wrap filiming of that silly disney movie. After the season is over, they will be installing "field turf." I bit more complicated than usual because there are heating pipes below the sod that exists on the Gillette field. They must remove the piping before installation.

Also, Dan Koppen was just given a new contract worth 20 million. Ensuring that we have a good center for years to come.

The MAJOR difference is that I have already gone on record (see the thread in the lounge) about what a disgrace Scapecoker is for allowing his team to get into on-field incidents. OTOH, the snooty new englanders have been in denial about what a thief their HC is, what a jerk the owner is, and they come up with all sorts of rationalizations and justifications for their team being the equivalent of a second-rate slut.

Where is the outrage over this?

HANOVER, N.H. -- Florida International and Miami didn't have the only brawl in college football on Saturday.

Hanover police and athletic directors from Holy Cross of the Patriot League and Dartmouth of the Ivy League are investigating a fight between the two teams after the Crusaders came back to beat the Big Green 24-21 in overtime.

According to police, Holy Cross players celebrated on the Dartmouth "D" painted at midfield after winning, and fights broke out during post-game handshakes. Witnesses said some players were thrown to the ground and kicked.

"Right now the tape we have shows only the end of the melee," Hanover police chief Nick Giaccone told the Valley News of West Lebanon, N.H. "But we are still searching for other film sources out in the public."

"We'd separate one group, and then it would start up again with another group," Giaccone told the newspaper of his officers' attempts to break up the melee. "We'd get to that place and it would keep rolling and a third fight would break out before it finally stopped."

"The two ADs absolutely agreed that it was upsetting, disappointing and unacceptable the way both teams interacted at the end of the game," Dartmouth athletic director Josie Harper told the Valley News. "And the coaches feel that way, too. "

The AP contributed to this report.

Waddya know? Other teams have fought, too! And they also take responsibility for it. That is the right, and classy thing to do.

That's the difference between being classless in foxboro, and having class elsewhere.

Not to go off the class debate - but I remember attending a Notre Dame/BC game. What a nervous nellie Holtz was! He'd constantly squat and pick at the "fake grass" like a man with some compulsive disorder.

Yes, Faba! I have been to my fair share of BC games at Chestnut Hill. ALWAYS cheering for the opposing team. Annoyed the heck out of the alumni. Fun times. LOL!

It's all the hc's fault! The school's reputation was immaculate during Davis and Erricson's tenure! Heads would be rolling!

You know much less than you think you do if you say Butch Davis hurt the program's reputation.

btw Green Douche, i got a call from the Machinator.

Yes, the school administrators down in Miami must be squeaky clean. I see that there was only one suspension for that brawl. Excellent message for those impressionable 18-21 year old criminals.

Just for those of you who do not live in the Boston area, here's the real scoop on the Pats field.

It will be re-soded on 10/24 - when they wrap filiming of that silly disney movie. After the season is over, they will be installing "field turf." I bit more complicated than usual because there are heating pipes below the sod that exists on the Gillette field. They must remove the piping before installation.

Also, Dan Koppen was just given a new contract worth 20 million. Ensuring that we have a good center for years to come.

Hey, I got an incredible idea! Maybe the Red Sawx can rent out Fenway to Vivid Video this May and June. Sure, all the action on the field may cause playing conditions to suffer, but who the F*** cares, its MONEY!!!! It will "all be wrapped up" by the All Star break!

Woody Johnson is in it for the glory, apparently.;)

BTW- I'm not a fan of the Red Sox F.O. at all.

Whether you are or arent a fan of the sawx is irrelevant. It is a total joke to rent out your field during the season for some extra cash and disregard the fact that it affects playing conditions.

A joke organization. CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well change their name to the N.E. MArlins

The MAJOR difference is that I have already gone on record (see the thread in the lounge) about what a disgrace Scapecoker is for allowing his team to get into on-field incidents. OTOH, the snooty new englanders have been in denial about what a thief their HC is, what a jerk the owner is, and they come up with all sorts of rationalizations and justifications for their team being the equivalent of a second-rate slut.

I could somewhat understand the hatred for Belichick but why the strong dislike for Kraft?

Whether you are or arent a fan of the sawx is irrelevant. It is a total joke to rent out your field during the season for some extra cash and disregard the fact that it affects playing conditions.

A joke organization. CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well change their name to the N.E. MArlins

Brady and Seymour are getting chump change. I can't beleive they play for the Pats! Koppen - a 20 mil contract? Noooooo! An owner that paid for a new stadium with his own cash? Frickin' tight wad!

And yes, a few hours of filming is the cause of the bad field conditions. The soccer team has nothing to do with it at all. Silly me.

Seriously, whatever the Pats formula is - it has proven to be successful. As a fan, I'm not questioning it.

Brady and Seymour are getting chump change. I can't beleive they play for the Pats! Koppen - a 20 mil contract? Noooooo! An owner that paid for a new stadium with his own cash? Frickin' tight wad!

And yes, a few hours of filming is the cause of the bad field conditions. The soccer team has nothing to do with it at all. Silly me.

Seriously, whatever the Pats formula is - it has proven to be successful. As a fan, I'm not questioning it.

Do you at least question that Kraft is pocketing 18 million in cap money taht could have been used to obatin a playmaker?

I've been a fan of the Pats for a long time.....back in the day when they were a complete joke. With the exception of how they screwed up the Branch situation - I'm not questioning anything. Three SB's in my lifetime and who knows...maybe more? Three SB's so far, after thinking, (for a long time), that I would witness none? As stated, the formula works.

I've been a fan of the Pats for a long time.....back in the day when they were a complete joke. With the exception of how they screwed up the Branch situation - I'm not questioning anything. Three SB's in my lifetime and who knows...maybe more? Three SB's so far, after thinking, (for a long time), that I would witness none? As stated, the formula works.

So the organization gets a pass? Kraft and BB do nothing to improve a contender in serious need of an impact player to win another championship, and you just say the "formula works?" That is weak

Do you at least question that Kraft is pocketing 18 million in cap money taht could have been used to obatin a playmaker?

The Patriots just extended Koppen last week. Why are you so certain that they won't extend more of their current players? What you should be concerned with is the fact we are going to run away with the AFC East while sitting on $12 million.

Archived