Patriots say goodbye to the sandbox?

Buldawg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Patriots just extended Koppen last week. Why are you so certain that they won't extend more of their current players? What you should be concerned with is the fact we are going to run away with the AFC East while sitting on $12 million.

You probably will win the east, but you are GOING NOWHERE in the playoffs. You cant beat Jacksonville, Ravens or San Diego this year. Sorry, not with Gabriel as your #1 receiver NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Cant wait, i hope Kraft is getting plenty of interest on the extra cash

Cant wait, i hope Kraft is getting plenty of interest on the extra cash

Again, do you know someone in the front office? Do you know for certain that they're not going to extend some of their current players? I believe Gabriel is a FA next year as is Graham. Not to mention Ty Warren has to be getting close and if nothing else would be deserving of an extension if nothing else.

Again, do you know someone in the front office? Do you know for certain that they're not going to extend some of their current players? I believe Gabriel is a FA next year as is Graham. Not to mention Ty Warren has to be getting close and if nothing else would be deserving of an extension if nothing else.

Alk just nailed it.

All the Pats extra cap money will go toward player extensions.

You think the Pats want to risk a Branch situation with Ty Warren?

I highly doubt it.

I could somewhat understand the hatred for Belichick but why the strong dislike for Kraft?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am ultimately putting the blame on him for providing an unprofessional, subpar field on which his team plays.

He isnt so smart either, or he wouldnt have lost his SB Ring in a Russian shellgame. Talk about looking like a putz.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am ultimately putting the blame on him for providing an unprofessional, subpar field on which his team plays.

He isnt so smart either, or he wouldnt have lost his SB Ring in a Russian shellgame. Talk about looking like a putz.

They are well aware of the field condition and don't like it either. That's why they're resodding it this season and will most likely install field turf during the offseason. This field is not an advantage to our team by any means. You could see that plain as day when Gostkowski almost bit the dirt on a FG attempt a couple weeks ago.

They are well aware of the field condition and don't like it either. That's why they're resodding it this season and will most likely install field turf during the offseason. This field is not an advantage to our team by any means. You could see that plain as day when Gostkowski almost bit the dirt on a FG attempt a couple weeks ago.

You are the only Chowd I've seen here to take such a reasonable position on this.

yeah that never woulda happened to a 5th rounder ;)

Alk just nailed it.

All the Pats extra cap money will go toward player extensions.

You think the Pats want to risk a Branch situation with Ty Warren?

I highly doubt it.

Hes nailed nothing (not unlike when he goes out to clubs)

The extra cap money for this year will not go towards extensions you retard. The cap does not operate like that, it would count towards NEXT YEARS CAP, NOT THIS YEAR'S CAP.

Next theory....?

Hes nailed nothing (not unlike when he goes out to clubs)

The extra cap money for this year will not go towards extensions you retard. The cap does not operate like that, it would count towards NEXT YEARS CAP, NOT THIS YEAR'S CAP.

Next theory....?

Hey look...the short bus just pulled up in front of the corporate offices of Jet Nation. Welcome Douchie!!! :rolleyes:

Koppen just signed an extension. My guess, his base salary of $1.573 million for this year, just got a significant bump and it counts against this year. Signing the extension as part of the new deal allows them to prorate the bonus over the next 6 seasons.

Here is a link in case you missed it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2623040

They can do so much more.

Gurantee Seymour's bonus (as has been speculated) and make it count this year to free up the pro-rated portion over the life of the contract.

Do the same for Brady to lower his cap figure in later years. Or Colvin. Or Vrabel.

As Alk suggested, Samuel and Graham are FAs after this year. Bruschi, Gabriel, Gay, Wilson, Paxton, Scott and Hawkins next year. Warren, Colvin, Hochstein and Miller the year after.

Whatever is left of the money is far from gone. If they sign an extension, they can make it count against this count by bumping their base salary and/or guranteeing bonuses. Which count against this year. I think they can also gurantee the NLTBE bonuses also. Which menas they have several options to take money from the future and apply it to the now.

Hey look...the short bus just pulled up in front of the corporate offices of Jet Nation. Welcome Douchie!!! :rolleyes:

Koppen just signed an extension. My guess, his base salary of $1.573 million for this year, just got a significant bump and it counts against this year. Signing the extension as part of the new deal allows them to prorate the bonus over the next 6 seasons.

Gurantee Seymour's bonus (as has been speculated) and make it count this year to free up the pro-rated portion over the life of the contract.

Do the same for Brady to lower his cap figure in later years. Or Colvin. Or Vrabel.

As Alk suggested, Samuel and Graham are FAs after this year. Bruschi, Gabriel, Gay, Wilson, Paxton, Scott and Hawkins next year. Warren, Colvin, Hochstein and Miller the year after.

Whatever is left of the money is far from gone. If they sign an extension, they can make it count against this count by bumping their base salary and/or guranteeing bonuses. Which count against this year. I think they can also gurantee the NLTBE bonuses also. Which menas they have several options to take money from the future and apply it to the now.

Come on PK, lets not let facts get in the way of his argument. Now if you will excuse me, I gotsta go clubbin'. HOLLA!!

Your scenerio is at best, unlikely, and at worst, wishful thinking. I suggest you review the NFL cap rules and obtain some semblance of common sense so you can learn why.

Do you think Woody Johnson and Eric Mangini were too cheap to get a real runningback? Do you think they were too cheap to trade down and get a skill player - a Reggie Bush, perhaps? Do you think draft compensation was too high or do you think the money they would have to give the kid was too high? Legitimate questions here. I mean, a team is supposed to field a contender every year ..... right? Do you think the Jets would be better or worse with Bush?

:P

This is all for fun. You all know this, right?

Lots of fun! Some posters get off on being trolls, and some of us get off on slamming trolls. Everyone's idea of "fun" may not be the same. :D

Remember that computer game where you slam the mallet down on the gopher when he sticks his head up from his hole? That's fun, too.

Gophers=trolls

:mrgreen:

Lots of fun! Some posters get off on being trolls, and some of us get off on slamming trolls. Everyone's idea of "fun" may not be the same. :D

Remember that computer game where you slam the mallet down on the gopher when he sticks his head up from his hole? That's fun, too.

Gophers=trolls

:mrgreen:

Maybe you just hit on something, they can remake the game with Mumbles popping in an attempt to steal another million dollars.

Archived