OT: Forum Hostility

Dirtywater

Hey guys, new poster here, but I am a regular over at TGG.

So, from what I've been able to gather, there seems to be a lot of animosity and hostiity in these threads in dealing with fans from other teams.

Just want to stop by, say hi and introduce myself. I'm not interested in smack talk or trash talking, just like to talk football.

And for the record, I don't wear homer glasses either.

Anyway, looking forward to some civilized football talk. :)

DW

Hey DW... we have talked down at PH and up at PP.

Welcome and stick around to have some fun.

BZ

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it goes something like this. "Yes dear...yes...yes dear. The Patriots are the greatest team in the NFL. Yes...I would love to wear that Seahawks speedo for you...and the Patriots cheerleader outfit."

POTW Nomination!

• 3 weeks later...

Before I leave this forum, I guess my original post makes even more sense. The level of hostility here is really sad. A lot of other forums deal with outsiders just fine, and don't chase people off.

I know people like BZ & GreenMachine tried to explain it to me that it is in jest here, but today when I tried to 'get in on it' I was attacked beyond the jesting level.

Anyway, just wanted to apologize to all I offended here in my short stay, and I'll try again down the road. Don't hold it against me.

Best.

DW :)

Before I leave this forum, I guess my original post makes even more sense. The level of hostility here is really sad. A lot of other forums deal with outsiders just fine, and don't chase people off.

I know people like BZ & GreenMachine tried to explain it to me that it is in jest here, but today when I tried to 'get in on it' I was attacked beyond the jesting level.

Anyway, just wanted to apologize to all I offended here in my short stay, and I'll try again down the road. Don't hold it against me.

Best.

Oh, man, wait a minute! See, this is what I mean. :Cuss: A quality poster from a rival team being made to feel unwelcome when the last thing on earth he is is a troll. G*ddamn it. I'm seriously upset.

You come here with all due respect and feel run out of town by those who would throw you in with the likes of others who make it a point to disrupt for disruptions sake at every turn. Please reconsider.

Best.

You are an arrogant, condescending prick. Go away already. I don't understand why people are defending this guy, he's an awful poster. And I SUPPORT people like tx, so it's not like it has anything to do with what team he roots for. This guy is just a total *******. I hate people like him the most, they want to take shots at everyone else, but as soon as people give it back to them they whine about it. Jet Moses spoke up for himself and other Jets fans, and he should be commended for it. Instead people are taking tx seriously, when he's joking around anyway like usual. How many Jets fans have we lost because of tx? Some damn good Jets fans too. They couldn't handle this board, so they don't belong here. I don't want JN becoming Pussy Nation. I like it the way it is now.

Not sure what I missed. DW seems like a real good poster. I do have to say that the level of ball busting here is high and is definitely not for everyone.

I don't think it's a matter of ballbusting. I think it was a matter of misguided missiles for someone who meant no disrespect. Purposeful disrespect from other rival fans? It's all the rage. Go figure.

In otherwords.

Job well done. Now if we could only get rid of you and PFKBITCH.

LMAO @ rsherry

This guy is just a total *******. I hate people like him the most, they want to take shots at everyone else, but as soon as people give it back to them they whine about it.

That's true. He was going at it pretty good on a couple of threads this afternoon, and then suddenly announced it was -sniff- too hostile, and he was -sniff- leaving.

Best.

Not for nothing..but..you should defend yourself on a board..heh..

And growing thicker skin wouldn't hurt either..and stop whining..there are women on this board

Archived