Lets Go Tigers

jimleyland.jpg

Here's $20, son. Go down to the package store and get me a carton of Luckys without any of those filters. And here's another $20. After that, go down to the liquor store and get me a good bottle of bourbon. And here's $5 more. Stop by the deli and get me a big a$$ cup of black coffee. Alcohol, nictone and caffeine. And where the hell did this ugly a$$ red shirt come from? I must've gotten me really likkered up last night.

I WAS going to be rooting for the Cards, the only reason being that I'm a NL guy. But now after hearing the Cardinals doing the "JO-SE" chant in their clubhouse while celebrating last night, let's go Tigers! Bush league move. That would be like the Tigers doing the Yankee roll call in their clubhouse. Classless, not a big deal, bu just classless IMO.

I would be rooting for the NL, but the Tigers coaching staff is damn near all former buccos. Lamont, McLendon, Van Slyke, and Leyland. Even Don Slaught and Rafael Beliard played for Pittsburgh. Thats 6 out of 7. Plus Sean Casey played half his season in the burgh this year, so I hope he has a good series.

True story:

Justin Verlander, in his senior year at Old Dominion University, came to Wilmington on May 26, 2004 to face my UNCW Seahawks in a CAA conference tournament game. In front of a solid contingent of MLB scouts, he pitched well for the 1st 2 innings, then proceeded to get lit up for 5 runs in the 3rd en route to a 6-4 loss. The Seahawks eventually won the CAA championship.

Verlander, a # 2 overall draft pick later that year, will now be starting Game 1 of the World Series. Unbelievable.

True story:

Justin Verlander, in his senior year at Old Dominion University, came to Wilmington on May 26, 2004 to face my UNCW Seahawks in a CAA conference tournament game. In front of a solid contingent of MLB scouts, he pitched well for the 1st 2 innings, then proceeded to get lit up for 5 runs in the 3rd en route to a 6-4 loss. The Seahawks eventually won the CAA championship.

Verlander, a # 2 overall draft pick later that year, will now be starting Game 1 of the World Series. Unbelievable.

By the looks of things, he has apparently shrugged off that rough loss. :)

Archived