Where does Soriano land?

SouthernJet

I doubt that he ends up in Chicago. He is one of the toughest FAs in years to try and place. I have no read on him, unlike most FAs. I have heard the following mentioned as possibilities. These were from various articles, and most probably make no sense. But this is what I have come across:

Yankees

Mets

Angels

Mariners

Rangers

Orioles

Mets

Nationals

Phils

Dodgers

I think I am missing 1 or 2. But I have read or heard his name associated with these places, over the past month or 2.

Who thinks Omar gets him?

Does Yanks convince him to be a OF or DH?

No way he ends up a Yankee again. No room in the outfield. If you guys hate my plan of trading Matsui to get Melky more time, you'd have to REALLY hate signing someone new to play Matsui's position.

I don't see Soriano as a DH any time soon. He likes to play the field. Besides, Giambi is the de facto DH until his contract runs out.

The only way he's a Yankee is if they trade ARod and sign him as a 3B -- he probably wouldn't be any better defensively at third than ARod though. Probably worse.

Could the Mets get him? Yeah. Although, he's stated a preference to play in the AL. The Mets, however, could offer him the option to return to second base -- something that could be very appealing for him.

Raffy, I believe Valentin signed a one year deal.

They can keep him as a backup.

I'd like to have Soriano I just don't want to end up with a team of hired guns with no chemistry. Guys like Valentin, and even grandpa Franco, keep the team 'real' and honest so to speak, it's hard to put into words.

At the same time Soriano would fill a need at 2nd base and provide a nice bat in the lineup.

We also need a new ace because I think our old boys are just about done.

I'd like to have Soriano I just don't want to end up with a team of hired guns with no chemistry. Guys like Valentin, and even grandpa Franco, keep the team 'real' and honest so to speak, it's hard to put into words.

At the same time Soriano would fill a need at 2nd base and provide a nice bat in the lineup.

We also need a new ace because I think our old boys are just about done.

Omar mentioned that he doesnt even expect Pedro in the rotationuntil next July/August. There's no doubt they will go after an ace. He said he wants Glavine back, but Glavine has an opt out clause, too.

Adding Zito and Soriano wont disrupt chemistry, although it might mean that a guy like Floyd or Franco may be gone.

Omar mentioned that he doesnt even expect Pedro in the rotationuntil next July/August. There's no doubt they will go after an ace. He said he wants Glavine back, but Glavine has an opt out clause, too.

Adding Zito and Soriano wont disrupt chemistry, although it might mean that a guy like Floyd or Franco may be gone.

Floyd is gone...hopefully when Acta or Manuel get a job somewhere, they can convince Franco to take a job as 1B coach or something, he is DONE is a player.

Got a feeling Glavine is going back to Atlanta. They have a mutual option for '07. The ball is in Glavine's court. If he stays, the Mets owe him $14 million. If he leaves, they owe him $7 million, it was a $4 million buyout, plus the $3 million he deferred this season for Omar. Omar said today that they already told Glaven's agent they want him back. My guess is he takes the $7 million from the Mets and goes to Atlanta for about $6 million to get his 10 wins next year for 300. His family is still in Atlanta, think that is the big factor.

Archived