Maurice Carthon Fired

Maxman

Anyone see this? http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I can't remember this many coordinators getting canned in the middle of a season ever happening before.

Great timing for the Jets though. I haven't followed the situation closely, so I can't say if Maurice was the problem or not. Regardless Romeo has to be feeling some serious pressure!

I can't remember this many coordinators getting canned in the middle of a season ever happening before.

Great timing for the Jets though. I haven't followed the situation closely, so I can't say if Maurice was the problem or not. Regardless Romeo has to be feeling some serious pressure!

Hey, lets bring him in as a consultant..Did him and Mangini work together?

Charlie Frye is ok at best, LeCharles Bentley is out for the season, Braylon Edwards is a bust and Kellen Winslow is TO without the talent.

Mike Martz couldn't get this offense to score points.

Charlie Frye is ok at best, LeCharles Bentley is out for the season, Braylon Edwards is a bust and Kellen Winslow is TO without the talent.

Mike Martz couldn't get this offense to score points.

Even sadder is last year they cut their whole defensive line, and the Broncos scooped them up and now they the Broncos have one of the best defenses in football.

Who's the GM of the Browns, Matt Millens clone?

Not sure how Edwards can be labeled a bust..he has been hurt and when he was playing was improving drastically. A bust is a guy that cannot even get on the field... Hey did Schlegel dress this week?

Yep. He's starting & was only drafted last year. Plus his QB is "ok at best" and they're down to their 3rd- or 4th-string center with no running game & an OC who was doing such a good job that his friend fired him in mid-season. He looks like FAR less of a bust than Santana Moss did at the same stage in his career.

Even sadder is last year they cut their whole defensive line, and the Broncos scooped them up and now they the Broncos have one of the best defenses in football.

I believe that Crennel wanted 3-4 defense so Browns dumped all expensive DL that could not be able to play 3-4 as Browns retooled.

Browns' GM is Savage I think.... He is a good GM..

hard to believe that this OC who was among the HC candidates for few teams last year..

Yep. He's starting & was only drafted last year. Plus his QB is "ok at best" and they're down to their 3rd- or 4th-string center with no running game & an OC who was doing such a good job that his friend fired him in mid-season. He looks like FAR less of a bust than Santana Moss did at the same stage in his career.

I was just wondering if anyone of you labeled Mike Clayton as a bust last year.

Now I'm not entirely positive about this but wasn't the deal between the Broncos and Browns something like Reuben Droughns for the Browns' entire D-line?

If that was the case that was a horrendous move. Droughns is a good back and they needed an upgrade over scrubs like Suggs and Green but to trade your entire defensive line for a guy you could easily get in the draft? Wow.

As for Braylon Edwards the guy has significantly underperformed considering the expectations placed on him. Same goes for the over-hyped Winslow. I don't even consider Kellen Winslow a top 5 tight end. I would take Gates, Gonzalez, Crumpler, Shockey, Jason Witten and a couple other tight ends over "K2".

Now I'm not entirely positive about this but wasn't the deal between the Broncos and Browns something like Reuben Droughns for the Browns' entire D-line?

If that was the case that was a horrendous move. Droughns is a good back and they needed an upgrade over scrubs like Suggs and Green but to trade your entire defensive line for a guy you could easily get in the draft? Wow.

As for Braylon Edwards the guy has significantly underperformed considering the expectations placed on him. Same goes for the over-hyped Winslow. I don't even consider Kellen Winslow a top 5 tight end. I would take Gates, Gonzalez, Crumpler, Shockey, Jason Witten and a couple other tight ends over "K2".

Winslow has been a bust in that his first 2 years were spent on IR. For a top-5 pick that is unacceptable. He's put up decent numbers this year (on pace for 850 yds & 5-6 TD's) but when you're picked that high as a TE & given that much coin, you're expected to be incredible by your 3rd season.

Winslow has been a bust in that his first 2 years were spent on IR. For a top-5 pick that is unacceptable. He's put up decent numbers this year (on pace for 850 yds & 5-6 TD's) but when you're picked that high as a TE & given that much coin, you're expected to be incredible by your 3rd season.

Gimme a break, man, I was injured.

image_929356.jpg

I'm a #@$%^& soldier

Archived