Would Herm have thought of this?

SouthernJet

From todays papers:

"A smart coaching move on the Jets' part Sunday that went unnoticed by some cost the Lions a timeout early in the fourth quarter when the Jets lined up to make it look like they were going for it on fourth-and-one. After the Lions' timeout, the Jets went ahead and kicked a FG, which they were going to do all along."

he would have never even SEEN the play-his back would have been turned towards Dick Curl asking HIM what he should do...by the time he would have found out the answer we would have had a 1st down

Seeing Herm ask Heimerdinger - in front of all his players and all the viewing fans - whether or not we should take a penalty was one of the most pathetic things I've seen from a HC.

I love this about Mangini and Co. I think they were kicking the FG regardless. Worst case was the Jets would have called a timeout and then sent the kicking team out.

This staff is smart. Hopefully they can keep this team from burning out but right now the early signs are looking good.

I love this about Mangini and Co. I think they were kicking the FG regardless. Worst case was the Jets would have called a timeout and then sent the kicking team out.

This staff is smart. Hopefully they can keep this team from burning out but right now the early signs are looking good.

Sire, this is the 3rd time I can recall this season we have faked the other team into a TO

Sire, this is the 3rd time I can recall this season we have faked the other team into a TO

Normally faking it isn't good. It can only lead to problems and bruised egos down the road. But in this context I fully support faking it.

Loved 3 other things Sunday-

Coles comes down with a questionable grab for a 1st down, somebody puts a code in Pennington's headest and the Jets are at the line and running a play before the Lions think to throw a flag( Brady did exactly that in the Jets game at Foxboro last year);

Much the same thing on 1 of their TDs, hurrying to get the PAT kick done;

And the review of Furrey's TD; no downside, screw "gentlemen's agreement" among coaches.

All things Edwards would've dithered and dawdled over at the expense of the team while he held the UN General Assembly with Dickie Curl to determine what to do. It also shows a lot fo trust in players, and especially Pennington. What ever his physical limitations he's the smartest and gamest QB around. It's to see that recognized and taken advantage of,and it's how players gain confidence.

Loved 3 other things Sunday-

Coles comes down with a questionable grab for a 1st down, somebody puts a code in Pennington's headest and the Jets are at the line and running a play before the Lions think to throw a flag( Brady did exactly that in the Jets game at Foxboro last year);

Much the same thing on 1 of their TDs, hurrying to get the PAT kick done;

And the review of Furrey's TD; no downside, screw "gentlemen's agreement" among coaches.

All things Edwards would've dithered and dawdled over at the expense of the team while he held the UN General Assembly with Dickie Curl to determine what to do. It also shows a lot fo trust in players, and especially Pennington. What ever his physical limitations he's the smartest and gamest QB around. It's to see that recognized and taken advantage of,and it's how players gain confidence.

in other words, we have a real coach,, not a fast pather from the NFLs Minority program..

dont take that wrong, I would have loved Marvin Lewis, he was a real coordinator,, but Herm was purely a fast path Minority program candidate that should have had a coordintor gig 1st before being HC,,,

i am all for helping the downtrodden, BUT not at expense of my freakin team :confused:

Archived