Can we now STOP sayint that the NL is the minor leagues?

psssh. The Tigers are not the best team in the AL. Neither are the cards in the NL.

The mets won 98 games, the cards won 83! The Mets were and are better than the Cards, but they sh#t the bed, and the Cards got hot.

It happens.

Yes, they beat us. This year they were better.

No Spin...only truth.

LL

I'm not a Mets fan, but truth be told they were by far a better team than StL. And they most definately didn't sh*t the bed as Barton puts it. The Mets went into the playoffs and took StL to 7 games with a hapless pitching staff due to numerous injuries. Had their pitching stayed healthy they would have won the WS. Excuse me now as I have to go wash my hands and brush my teeth after gfiving the Mets a compliment.

I'm not a Mets fan, but truth be told they were by far a better team than StL. And they most definately didn't sh*t the bed as Barton puts it. The Mets went into the playoffs and took StL to 7 games with a hapless pitching staff due to numerous injuries. Had their pitching stayed healthy they would have won the WS. Excuse me now as I have to go wash my hands and brush my teeth after gfiving the Mets a compliment.

Say what you want about Mets fans, but no one here and I repeat NO ONE, used the injury card during any of the series.

There could have been bitching, moaning and excuse making. There was none.

Huh? The team with the best record in baseball & the highest payroll in the NL vs a team that collapsed in the 2nd half of the season isn't ****ting the bed?

Losing a series you were supposed to win is the definition of ****ting the Bed,my friend.

This thread is sad. Why are Mets fans begging for respect for the Cards? Will it somhow rub off on the Mets?

If a NL team wins it all do you mets fans get some sort of prize the rest of us don't know about?

Smizzy-It is just quelling the circle jerk that Yanke fans had about the AL.

Do yourself a favor, look at predictions about teh Series from some here and teh respect that was given to the NL.

Equal time.

Huh? The team with the best record in baseball & the highest payroll in the NL vs a team that collapsed in the 2nd half of the season isn't ****ting the bed?

Losing a series you were supposed to win is the definition of ****ting the Bed,my friend.

From you Smizzy, that's fair enough and no problem as you manned up and said the same for the Yanks. Houston led the NL in payroll though.

From you Smizzy, that's fair enough and no problem as you manned up and said the same for the Yanks. Houston led the NL in payroll though.

I knew my team wasn't winning **** with Randy Johnson as our #1. and it wasn't untill Clemens came out of retirement for a heafty price did houston take the Mets for highest payroll in the NL. The simple fact remains the Mets had the highest payroll in the Playoffs. and still lost.

Nothing much to celebrate when you lose. How some Mets "fans" are finding moral victories is beyond me.

Well to be fair to Mets fans, they went to war with Starting pitching that was not in the teams season plans let alone starting post season games without ever using it as a excuse.

Also when you talk payroll, remember we are talking a few million dollar (13)advantage as opposed to say...75 million over the competition.

Throw in the fact that the Mets battled to the last out of game 7 as opposed to rolling over and not showing up for 3 straight games and I'd say yes, there are some reasons to be proud of the teams performance.

Well to be fair to Mets fans, they went to war with Starting pitching that was not in the teams season plans let alone starting post season games without ever using it as a excuse.

Thats funny. I know a lot of Mets fans who cried all during the playoffs that Pedro would have guaranteed a WS berth. So I find your blanket statement about ALL mets fans comical.

Thats funny. I know a lot of Mets fans who cried all during the playoffs that Pedro would have guaranteed a WS berth. So I find your blanket statement about ALL mets fans comical.

It didnt happen here, and I didnt hear it when I was at Shea.

You must have pussy friends

;)

psssh. The Tigers are not the best team in the AL. Neither are the cards in the NL.

The mets won 98 games, the cards won 83! The Mets were and are better than the Cards, but they sh#t the bed, and the Cards got hot.

It happens.

First of all, the Mets were not better than the Cardinals, and you'll find many Mets fans who will agree with that (surprise!). The Cardinals took the series when it counted, and the 4-2 advantage the Mets had in the regular season DID NOT MATTER when the NLCS began.

As for your claim that the Tigers were not the best team in the AL...funny stuff. You're going to sit here and downplay the Tigers when you yourself and many other fans said the Tigers would win the World Series in a walk! And if they aren't the best team in the AL, then how did they beat YOUR Yankees?

I still think that the AL has more quality teams than the NL so IMO, it's the better league. The Cards won it this year. Congrats to them. Doesn't change the fact that there are a TON of terrible teams in the NL. The cards stepped up in a big spot and the Tigers couldn't take the pressure from what I've read (didn't watch the series) JMO. Sounds like the Tigers pitchers freaked every time a ball was hit back to the mound. Again, congrats to the Cards.

Ahh, so I guess the Yankees just got lucky with those 26 times they took a 7-game set? Solid argument.

I say 26 times is a trend...once or twice can definitely be classified as luck;)

103 to 98

it still ticks the hell out of the yank posters in this thread,, these same 2 dudes keep telling everyone how bad the Mets season was,, they are a hoot and a half , arent they guys...:yahoo: