Hot Stove: Mets

Latinlawyer

Mets Interested in Mark Loretta or Ronnie Belliard at 2b.

Mets will submit bid on Matsuaka at approx 10 mins before 5pm deadline tommorow.

Mets apparently interested in Jeremy Bonderman BUT will not trade away farm for him..(Maybe 1 blue chipper...he is no D. Willis)

yanks want Bonderman and supposedly Robbie Cano is a tradeable chip?!!?! (Why would they trade Cano who looks to be good for years!!!)

Anyway, that is the latest Hot Stove!

LL

Mets Interested in Mark Loretta or Ronnie Belliard at 2b.

Mets will submit bid on Matsuaka at approx 10 mins before 5pm deadline tommorow.

Mets apparently interested in Jeremy Bonderman BUT will not trade away farm for him..(Maybe 1 blue chipper...he is no D. Willis)

yanks want Bonderman and supposedly Robbie Cano is a tradeable chip?!!?! (Why would they trade Cano who looks to be good for years!!!)

Anyway, that is the latest Hot Stove!

LL

I heard all te above, except the Cano one.

Rumor has it that a "mystery" NL team has made a concrete offer to Cashman for Sheffield, consisting of a journeyman pitcher, and a highly rated prospect. Putting aside the prospect, as there are several on any number of teams, I am trying to guess which team has the "journeyman" type of hurler the Yankees would be interested in. I would assume it is a guy who is in his late 20s - early 30s, and can pitch a lot of innings.

And that can be almost anyone from several teams. Especially since I do not know if it's a starter or pen guy.:confused:

Barry Zito's chances of putting on a Mets uniform = 0.00001 (He wants to stay in the West Coast so lets all get that through our heads all together now shall we!?)

Mastuzaka would go to Seattle, Boston or the Yankees over the Mets.

LL to you honestly believe the **** you spew with Willis, Mulder & Glavine being the 1-3 rotation on the Mets?:eek:

Hey, who could have envisioned Wang, The Unit and Mussina pitching on the same team!?!?!!

I don't SPEW anything...these are the reports that are out there on Mets possible trades/free agent pickups? Why pick on me??? I am reporting METS news. If you don't like it don't read it. It was meant for The Mets fans and baseball fans to read not Yank homers like you.

LL

Hey, who could have envisioned Wang, The Unit and Mussina pitching on the same team!?!?!!

I don't SPEW anything...these are the reports that are out there on Mets possible trades/free agent pickups? Why pick on me??? I am reporting METS news. If you don't like it don't read it. It was meant for The Mets fans and baseball fans to read not Yank homers like you.

LL

Don't take it personally. I have seen somewhere, at least a blurb, on everything you posted in thi sthread, except for the Cano one. That would be a bad move by teh Yankees, IMO. Unless they have some major deal cooking, that gets a solid hitting 2B back.

Careful with Mulder. He has had a few injuries the past couple of seasons, and not pitched well. Maybe a re-unification with Peterson would help, maybe not.

LL

To: LL (resident Mets homer)

The Mets will not trade get both Willis and Mulder, MAYBE one of the two but not both. Sorry.

Also, who the hell knew Wang was going to be as good as he turned out to be? Certainly not a lot of people and what has Big Bird done since he's been here? 05 he was good against the Sox and that's about it.

To: LL (resident Mets homer)

The Mets will not trade get both Willis and Mulder, MAYBE one of the two but not both. Sorry.

Also, who the hell knew Wang was going to be as good as he turned out to be? Certainly not a lot of people and what has Big Bird done since he's been here? 05 he was good against the Sox and that's about it.

if the mets hit a homer with these pitching attempts i may have to move up tick tick tick part 2 to March

Don't take it personally. I have seen somewhere, at least a blurb, on everything you posted in thi sthread, except for the Cano one. That would be a bad move by teh Yankees, IMO. Unless they have some major deal cooking, that gets a solid hitting 2B back.

Careful with Mulder. He has had a few injuries the past couple of seasons, and not pitched well. Maybe a re-unification with Peterson would help, maybe not.

They are taking about Trading Cano for pitching and picking up Belliard. Bad move...Cano could be a bedrock for a long time..

LL

I heard all te above, except the Cano one.

Rumor has it that a "mystery" NL team has made a concrete offer to Cashman for Sheffield, consisting of a journeyman pitcher, and a highly rated prospect. Putting aside the prospect, as there are several on any number of teams, I am trying to guess which team has the "journeyman" type of hurler the Yankees would be interested in. I would assume it is a guy who is in his late 20s - early 30s, and can pitch a lot of innings.

And that can be almost anyone from several teams. Especially since I do not know if it's a starter or pen guy.:confused:

Maybe Lieber from the Phillies. Yanks have always hated letting him walk and he more than handled the Bronx post season pressure.

My 2nd guess would be Linebrink(reliever) from the Padres.

Yeah I saw Cano mentioned here but the Yanks are getting raped in this rumor.

http://www.gothambaseball.com/news/1162844521.php

Yeah I saw Cano mentioned here but the Yanks are getting raped in this rumor.

http://www.gothambaseball.com/news/1162844521.php

That is the lamest story yet. Cano and Hughes are practically as untouchable as Jeter. They are going deal both of them WITH Shef? Who started this rumor? Let me guess - the GM of the Tigers or Detroit press trying to drum up a better deal than Dunn, LaRue and Brandon Phillips.

That is the lamest story yet. Cano and Hughes are practically as untouchable as Jeter. They are going deal both of them WITH Shef? Who started this rumor? Let me guess - the GM of the Tigers or Detroit press trying to drum up a better deal than Dunn, LaRue and Brandon Phillips.

Oh I agree. Cano should be untouchable.

Hughes I would have to leave up to the Yanks to know if he is the real deal or not.

If in the Yanks minds he is not, Sheff and Hughes for Bondo isn't that far fetched.

Archived