GJ&H's final 1 RD mock draft

Green Jets & Ham

The seven round mock I posted was a joint venture between myself, Riggins and Bitonti ... this one is my own

I reserve the right to change my mind on the A.M. of the draft, but this looks like the final mock I have settled on

==============================

1. SF 49ers

QB ALEX SMITH - UTAH

If reports are correct, 49ers have settled on Smith

==

2. Miami Dolphins

QB AARON RODGERS - CALIFORNIA

Fins were all set to tab Ronnie Brown till the 49ers handed them Rodgers

==

3. Cleveland Browns

WR MIKE WILLIAMS - USC

Browns can easily be landing the best player in the draft @ 3 Overall

==

4. Chicago Bears

RB RONNIE BROWN - AUBURN

Enough with the pretenders, Bears seek a rightful heir to Sayers and Payton

==

5. Tampa Bay Bucs

RB CADILLAC WILLIAMS - AUBURN

History is made as two RB's from the same school are tabbed in the TOP 5

==

6. Tennessee Titans

CB ANTREL ROLLE - MIAMI

If the Titans don't draft a CB here they will be holding open tryouts this summer

==

7. Minnesota Vikings

WR BRAYLON EDWARDS - MICHIGAN

He ain't no Randy Moss, but the Vikings will make due with Edwards

==

8. Arizona Cardinals

RB CEDRIC BENSON - TEXAS

Cards fill a massive need with a heck of a RB

==

9. Washington Redskins

DE SHAWNE MERRIMAN - MARYLAND

Skins need a DE and a CB in the worst way, but Merriman puts the CB on hold

==

10. Detroit Lions

OLB DERRICK JOHNSON - TEXAS

That's a hell of a haul with the 10th overall pick

==

11. Dallas Cowboys

OLB DEMARCUS WARE - TROY STATE

Tuna loves those edge rushers who can devour QB's

==

12. San Diego Chargers

DE MARCUS SPEARS - LSU

300 Pound DE is tailor-made for the 3-4

==

13. Houston Texans

OT ALEX BARRON - FLORIDA STATE

No more commercials with Davis Carr getting the piss kicked out of him

==

14. Carolina Panthers

OT JAMMAL BROWN - OKLAHOMA

Former Jet reject Matt Willig was their starting RT in 2004, need I say more?

==

15. KC Chiefs

CB PAC-MAN JONES - WEST VIRGINIA

Chiefs deserately need a CB who can gobble up WR's and footballs, enter Pac-Man

==

16. New Orleans Saints

CB CARLOS ROGERS - AUBURN

Even the Saints can't screw this one up, can they?

==

17. Cincinnati Bengals

SS/OLB THOMAS DAVIS - GEORGIA

Two of their biggest needs are SS and OLB, so the Bengals are happy either way

==

18. Minnesota Vikings

DE ERASMUS JAMES - WISCONSIN

Vikings seek to complete a super-unit on the D-Line with the addition of a bona-fide edge rusher

==

19. St Louis Rams

DE/OLB DAVID POLLACK - GEORGIA

Same as the Bengals, they need a DE and an OLB, so they're happy either way

==

20. Dallas Cowboys

DE MATT ROTH - IOWA

Has the strength to play DE in the 3-4 and the quickness to devour QB's from the 4-3

==

21. Jacksonville Jaguars

CB JUSTIN MILLER - CLEMSON

Here's where everyone finds out how under-rated Miller has been by the Gurus

==

22. Baltimore Ravens

WR TROY WILLIAMSON - SOUTH CAROLINA

Big and Fast but his production was lacking, so he slides to the Ravens here

==

23. Seattle Seahawks

OLB DARRYL BLACKSTOCK - VIRGINIA

They cut Anthony Simmons and Chad Brown is 35, so do you think they need an OLB?

==

24. Green Bay Packers

FS BRODNEY POOL - OKLAHOMA

Lost both starting Safeties during the off-season, end of discussion

==

25. Washington Redskins

CB FABIAN WASHINGTON - NEBRASKA

Gibbs once had another CB who ran in the 4.2's {See: Darrell Green} and that worked out OK

==

26. New York Jets {Jets sign Andre Dyson}

DT MIKE PATTERSON - USC

If Baby Sapp was two inches taller he'd be a TOP 10 Pick, but he is pushing 300 Pounds

==

27. Atlanta Falcons

WR MATT JONES - ARKANSAS

A slew of teams may rue the day they let this freak get away

==

28. San Diego Chargers

OLB DAN CODY - OKLAHOMA

Got their BIG DE for the 3-4 followed by their talior-made 3-4 OLB

==

29. Indianapolis Colts

CB MARLIN JACKSON - MICHIGAN

I dare you to look at the Colts depth chart at CB and not bust out laughing

==

30. Pittsburgh Steelers

TE HEATH MILLER - VIRGINIA

Do they have a TE who even caught a pass in 2004?

==

31. Philadelphia Eagles

WR MARK CLAYTON - OKLAHOMA

Pure luck that Clayton fell this far, and the Eagles should be doing cartwheels

==

32. New England Patriots

OL MARCUS JOHNSON - OLE MISS

They can place this beast at OG or OT and still have a hell of a lineman

==============================

Ham, I love you. The bet is still on, but I want to raise the stakes, my man!

IF Matt Jones is drafted in the first round, I will send you a JetNation T-Shirt

BUT

If Matt Jones is NOT drafted in the first round, you owe me a 2005 draft wrap-up article for the front page. Whattya say?

Ham, I love you. The bet is still on, but I want to raise the stakes, my man!

IF Matt Jones is drafted in the first round, I will send you a JetNation T-Shirt

BUT

If Matt Jones is NOT drafted in the first round, you owe me a 2005 draft wrap-up article for the front page. Whattya say?

DEAL

And I might as well tell you now ... I like my shirts a little baggy so make it a large :lol:

PS. I'll write you the wrap-up anyway ... I'll Grade each teams draft with a special emphasis on the Jets ... sound good? 8)

DEAL

And I might as well tell you now ... I like my shirts a little baggy so make it a large :lol:

PS. I'll write you the wrap-up anyway ... I'll Grade each teams draft with a special emphasis on the Jets ... sound good? 8)

Sounds AWESOME. Thanks...

DEAL

AWESOME! I mean, ahem, sounds good! Prepare to watch the Great White Hype slide on draft day, my friend! That roid-aided 4.3 ain't foolin' nobody! :lol::lol::lol:

Ham...what happened to Rodgers that you think he won't be going # 1 anymore?

Are we looking at the classic 1 -2 QB draft? As in one of them is going to be a Ryan Leaf or Rick Mirer?

Max, it is being widely reported that the 49ers have opted for Smith and are now trying to get a contract done prior to the draft ... and yes, you are allowed to do that if you have the #1 overall pick

Your new mock is really interesting. Because now the Falcons would have the two most gifted athletes in the sport.

If they figured out what to do with them both that would be one hell of a combination.

Yeah, and D-Rob was a Great Pickup ... I say if it ain't broke don't fix it ... we hit the jackpot with one Baby Sapp, why not go for two? 8)

From your lips to God's ears. I would be dee-lighted if things played out this way.

Great job GJH.

Will look forward to your draft analysis article.

Nice work Ham.

I've been working on a 7 round mock draft with trades. Should hit the streets by friday. I almost nailed the exact top 10 last season. Also had Vilma as a jet from day one.

Alex Smith is The #1 rated QB in this draft. He's better than Rodgers. Most NFL teams rank Smith ahead of Rodgers and with good reason. Despite the fact that Rodgers played in a pro style offense at Cal under Tedford.

Smith has 32td and only 4 int's last season. Only lost one game as a starter. Graduated college in 2 years. Is very mobile. Teams love him because he is extremely bright. The upside with him is Tom Brady. The downside is Ty Detmer. I don't see him as a franchise QB. I think because of his intelligence level. He'll be atleast be a good QB in the pros.

I don't see Braylon Edwards falling to 7. It's not happening.

Bears are leaning towards RB. I like that pick. Lovie Smith is desperate for a RB. If Brown is there, They will take him.

Ham, I like your picks from 9 on. Alot of them make sense with the exception of a few here and there.

While Marcus Johnson is worthy of first round consideration because of his versatility. I see The Pats going in a different direction. I wouldn't rule out them not staying at 32.

I also think that Matt Jones will be drafted in The 1st round. Maybe as high as 20 to The Cowboys. Remember Jerry Jones is from Arkansas and Dallas needs a WR. Jones looks like a Cowboy. It would not shock me if he goes there. When you have two first round picks. You are more inclined to take a chance with one of them.

Bill Belichick has said: "You can always find a guard". The Pats don't believe in spending a 1st round pick at that position, or anywhere on the right 4/5ths of the OL. BB believes that only left tackle requires a blue-chipper with athleticism, and that everywhere else guys can be "coached up".

I could concieve of the Pats taking any of the big 3 tackles at 32, in part because they might be good value. But that's it.

CB, DE--->LB, Crowder, a WR, any LB not named Thurman... not an OG.

Yeah, and D-Rob was a Great Pickup ... I say if it ain't broke don't fix it ... we hit the jackpot with one Baby Sapp, why not go for two? 8)

True dat... and it does fit a hole along that line.

But, we all know the Jets will manage to screw up the draft, somehow. It's their trademark.

Ham, I have a world of respect for you....

but to say that the Jets "hit the Jackpot with D-Rob"....

I think you put an extra pair of green shades on this morning.

D-Rob had a nice year and seems to have solidly established himself as a good DT in this league.

However he has far from indicated that the Jets "hit the Jackpot" by trading half the franchise to select him.

Getting Seymour at 6, that's hitting the jackpot. Getting Kevin Williams at 9, that's hitting the jackpot.

I wouldn't say the Texans "hit the jackpot" in Andre Johnson, and I think right now that looks like just as good a pick as D-Rob, if not better.

Moreover, if you want to consider *value*, in terms of cost in picks to obtain, cost of contract, and production, right now the Patriots own Ty Warren whips DeWayne Roberston as a pick HANDS DOWN.

Guess we hit the jackpot.

Ham, I have a world of respect for you....

but to say that the Jets "hit the Jackpot with D-Rob"....

I think you put an extra pair of green shades on this morning.

D-Rob had a nice year and seems to have solidly established himself as a good DT in this league.

However he has far from indicated that the Jets "hit the Jackpot" by trading half the franchise to select him.

Getting Seymour at 6, that's hitting the jackpot. Getting Kevin Williams at 9, that's hitting the jackpot.

I wouldn't say the Texans "hit the jackpot" in Andre Johnson, and I think right now that looks like just as good a pick as D-Rob, if not better.

Moreover, if you want to consider *value*, in terms of cost in picks to obtain, cost of contract, and production, right now the Patriots own Ty Warren whips DeWayne Roberston as a pick HANDS DOWN.

Guess we hit the jackpot.

Ty Warren isn't half the player Dewayne Robertson is.

Nice Try

I thought Seymour had an off year, but it wasn't that off...

... and there were substantial stretches in the last 2/3rds of the season where Warren was playing just as good as Seymour, if not better.

He was very, very, good for us in the last half of the season. I've seen several articles or sources compare draftees to BOTH Seymour and Warren.... and there's a reason why Warren is being mentioned there.

I thought Seymour had an off year, but it wasn't that off...

... and there were substantial stretches in the last 2/3rds of the season where Warren was playing just as good as Seymour, if not better.

He was very, very, good for us in the last half of the season. I've seen several articles or sources compare draftees to BOTH Seymour and Warren.... and there's a reason why Warren is being mentioned there.

maybe in your local boston sports newspapers. But certainly not anywhere else or on nfl network/espn. thats for sure.

Seymours overrated in my book. Fabini handles him 1 on 1 with no problem. Seymour would be nothing on the Jets. But he plays in a scheme that best suits his versatility. But if he was told to just play at DT the whole season or DE the whole season, he'd be nothing. IMO, he's neither a great DE nor a great DT. just a well above average DE and well above average DT.

:shock:

The idea of ANY New York fan ever referring to another teams player as overrated is stunning.

As soon as a player puts on a New York uniform the hype begins, and it ends when he takes it off.

I'm fine with "overrated" players like Seymour. Hopefully Warren will be that "overrated" soon. Same goes for Wilfork.

Trust me EB, while Robertson continues to have bigger upside, right now the race between him and Warren for the title of "better player" is a dead heat.

Of course, again...

Warren

+Wilson

+Wilfork

+Samuel

+ cap room

= Robertson

That equation just looks better and better with every passing year....

:shock:

The idea of ANY New York fan ever referring to another teams player as overrated is stunning.

As soon as a player puts on a New York uniform the hype begins, and it ends when he takes it off.

I'm fine with "overrated" players like Seymour. Hopefully Warren will be that "overrated" soon. Same goes for Wilfork.

Trust me EB, while Robertson continues to have bigger upside, right now the race between him and Warren for the title of "better player" is a dead heat.

Of course, again...

Warren

+Wilson

+Wilfork

+Samuel

+ cap room

= Robertson

That equation just looks better and better with every passing year....

HA!! You've been trumped beyatch!

Dewayne Robertson

Jonathan Vilma (hey, you put wilfork on you're list)

Erik Coleman

Derrick Strait

Archived