Flags of our Fathers: WAYYYY overrated....

dickkotite

As i watched this film, i kept wondering "what are all these guys talking about crying and stuff" i balled in steel magnolias, have i lost my soul?

bababooey said that he balled, and that it was an amazing film. some posters here said it was amazing

my verdict: so average.

i am a HUGE ww2 fan, and this was FAR from the best in terms of pure battle. it was more of a story about ira hayes.

im not saying it was a bad movie, it was not. it was a good film but dont expect platoon or any ww2 b/w film because it cant compete with them.

as for crying, well yea in that last 10 miutes the water works creeped up. but not so much because of battle scenes as much as feeling sorr for old dying men but eithe way heres a tip- bring a PULLOVER hoodie. tis way when the movie ends you can put this thing on and wipe as it comes over your head so that your wife or buddy doesnt see and call u afaggot

As i watched this film, i kept wondering "what are all these guys talking about crying and stuff" i balled in steel magnolias, have i lost my soul?

bababooey said that he balled, and that it was an amazing film. some posters here said it was amazing

my verdict: so average.

i am a HUGE ww2 fan, and this was FAR from the best in terms of pure battle. it was more of a story about ira hayes.

im not saying it was a bad movie, it was not. it was a good film but dont expect platoon or any ww2 b/w film because it cant compete with them.

as for crying, well yea in that last 10 miutes the water works creeped up. but not so much because of battle scenes as much as feeling sorr for old dying men but eithe way heres a tip- bring a PULLOVER hoodie. tis way when the movie ends you can put this thing on and wipe as it comes over your head so that your wife or buddy doesnt see and call u afaggot

The book was excellent.

This one is about Iwo Jima, but how does it compare to Saving Private Ryan...film wise?

spr was much better all around. it is a way more interesting sory, not to say that foof was bad....im just saying that in myopinion you might be in for a bit o dissapointment

spr was much better all around. it is a way more interesting sory, not to say that foof was bad....im just saying that in myopinion you might be in for a bit o dissapointment

I have heard that the movie is the story of the "flag raising" event on Iwo Jima and how it was used incorrectly by the government and media.

There are battle scenes, but it's not what the movie is about. I'll be checking it out soon.

I have heard that the movie is the story of the "flag raising" event on Iwo Jima and how it was used incorrectly by the government and media.

There are battle scenes, but it's not what the movie is about. I'll be checking it out soon.

that is accurate. it also shows why the govt, all govts are the enemy of the common man. so remember that when you blindly agree with everything "your" ploitical party says and does

They should make a movie based on Band of Brothers that was on HBO a few years back. That was excellent.

Saving Private Ryan is in a class by itself.

A great WWI movie is Gallipoli. It features a pre-crazy Mel Gibson.

Im one of the rare few who didnt think BOB was that good. It was ok, but still a bit of a dissapointment

I will say this: WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH COMPUTER GRAPHICS?? they suck . I detest them

I dont know why people think its such a great thing. in BOB when the sky is filled with paratroopers and planes, it lookes SO PHONEY! sure it saved the studio a lot of money but i hate it.

In FooF, check out the annoying comuter ship scenes. First off, there wasnt 1000 ships in the sea that day. secondly, it looks SO fake. Check out the wake trails of the ships....they are identical like fingerprints. Its just copy and paste . wow im impressed. not.

Im one of the rare few who didnt think BOB was that good. It was ok, but still a bit of a dissapointment

I will say this: WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH COMPUTER GRAPHICS?? they suck . I detest them

I dont know why people think its such a great thing. in BOB when the sky is filled with paratroopers and planes, it lookes SO PHONEY! sure it saved the studio a lot of money but i hate it.

In FooF, check out the annoying comuter ship scenes. First off, there wasnt 1000 ships in the sea that day. secondly, it looks SO fake. Check out the wake trails of the ships....they are identical like fingerprints. Its just copy and paste . wow im impressed. not.

Watch Galliopli.

Archived