Bye Week Changes

Maxman

- Rothlisberger is over-hyped and is not a real good quarterback overall. He did not have to do much his first season besides hand-off to the Bettis. Do the Jets have a Bettis for him to hand off to?

- Palmer was behind Kitna year one and 3 games year two. Year two was so-so.

- Peyton Manning was mechanically and psychologically ready for the NFL in his sophmore year of college - that comparison sucks, unless you think Clemens is the same as Manning. PS- great stats and has not won jack sh-it (See Dan Marino Syndrome)

- Eli Manning is still suffering from the "happy feet" he developed as a clueless rookie. How many times a game are his throws high of his target? He's still trying to break his bad habits.

- Matt Leinart has done exactly what as a rookie? He's going to need some serious re-training after getting it handed to him this season. He's already gpt the happy feet and is making bad throws in a hurry.

- Vince Young? Are you kidding me? He's working on his athleticism at this point. He's not learning the position.

- Tom Brady started midway through the year thanks to Mo Lewis. That was not the plan for him, it just happened to work out (and work out pretty well).

- Donavan McNabb - Started 6 games as a rookie and it realistically took him three years to "get it" as a QB.

- Troy Aikmen started and sucked for 3 years before the Dallas O-Line became one of the best of all time.

- John Elway - Took him about 9 years to be a great QB after starting as a rookie and he was a freak athlete to boot.

- Dan Marino was great and his teams always sucked. F Dan Marino, you can keep him.

- Phil Simms was terrible from 79 until 87 and due to injuries and not being very good did not play as the full time starter until 84.

So what do all of these great players have in common - it took them time to get to where they ended up. IMO Clemens should sit and learn behind a smart quarterback and learn about the complicated system 'lil Schott brought with him from San Diego. Why put him out there to suck, get confused, pick up bad habits, and possibly lose confidence in his ability to play the game to win an extra game in a rebuilding year? Have some patience and let the kid grow before throwing him out there. No one has any patience anymore to let things develop, and that's a good part of the reason why the NFL has mediocre play with more talented athletes - no one is willing to be patient. So they throw kids out there that are clueless about the game to perform and we get to watch a league full of idiots who jump up and down after making a tackle.

We can agree to disagree. I'd rather see Clemens sit.

GB- I concur .. it would be nice to see KC play in the last 2 games for a learning experience, after bears game stick ramsay in the fold

Here's a funny thought stick Ramsay in vs Da bears, will be like his nightmare

of watching ending of Platoon and his time in DC with Spurrier

I guess you must have missed the Jags game and the first 3 quarters of the Pats game.

No I saw those games. every playyer on the jets sucked it up against the jags, they were unprepared. the pats game we hung in there for a game that everyone thought would be a blow out. I'm saying he had a terrible game yesterday. it happens to everyone. but he has also had some great games. to where if he wassn't our QB we wouldn't have won this year. so put this loss on him. but don't say bench him.

and TX I read this baord everyday.. for almost a year, and i always see you posting the same crap. over and over and over. it gets to the points i just skip your post and go to the next one. I really think you have a pathetic life. to sit at a message board every day and post about a team that you don't like. you don't see us going to your little pat's board and running our mouth every day. no because we have lives. your post are not funny and are rather boring. I'm sure 99% of this board would not even ask about you if you never showed your face around here again.

GB- I concur .. it would be nice to see KC play in the last 2 games for a learning experience, after bears game stick ramsay in the fold

Here's a funny thought stick Ramsay in vs Da bears, will be like his nightmare

of watching ending of Platoon and his time in DC with Spurrier

SJ told me you were a smart guy for a Dook fan. ;)

Plane and simple: we don't have the personel to run the 3-4 properly and w have no F'ing pass rush. What happen to Manging devising schemes to get pressure?

I think we will continue status quo till we can fill needs next draft and FA season. They guys who are suffering now will know it better then and hopefully be a backbone to the newcomers

A Couple of things:

To throw Clemens in now may cause more harm than good. The offense that Schott is runninmg requires a lot of reads at the line and requires someone to be thinking on his feet and able to adjust. To expect him to walk into this scenario, with this offense would be a hard thing to ask and you may permanently scar the kid. I don't know how bright he his and how quick of a study. You just can't make teh assumption you can "throw him in there" Thisis not a Hackett offense we are talking about.

If Mangini feels that the 3-4 defense is the way to win in the NFL., and he is married to it as his base defense, you can't ask him to change his principles. Not if he is chalking this season up as a "rebuilding year", which in his heart of hearts, he has to.

If this is teh defense that he wants to stake his coaching career on, he needs to find out who can play it, and who can't. Then he needs to get the people out who can't. Right now, his hands are tied somehwat due to contracts and what he inherited.

But, you find out who can excel at it, and then move on.

The Jets are going now where this year and you find out what you have and where they can fit. I just think that may be too much for Clemens, except in some fits and bursts at the end of the year. Put him in less pressuer situations (blowouts either way), and let him feel his way without the weight of an entire game plan.

Archived