Good job, Big Stein.

Thor99

Not to mention gutless and selfish. Just pitiful. Hey, big Mets game coming up!

Don't even get me started on the Mets. Big Mets game is an oxymoron.

"I ain't no ox-moron!" 10 points for the source of that quote.

Try again. With both statements.

Orioles don't have the pitching, or enough left handed bats to keep in going all year.

O's can score runs with anybody and Angelos, if the Yanks keep slipping into May, will make serious moves. Plus, they have alot of young pitchers they can dip into for it.

National Lampoon's Vacation? Gimme a hint

O's can score runs with anybody and Angelos, if the Yanks keep slipping into May, will make serious moves. Plus, they have alot of young pitchers they can dip into for it.

National Lampoon's Vacation? Gimme a hint

Absolutely, it looks like they're going after Helton.

It's a movie starring a cast member from Taxi. (The TV show, not the crappy Fallon/Letifah vehicle.

Don't even get me started on the Mets. Big Mets game is an oxymoron.

"I ain't no ox-moron!" 10 points for the source of that quote.

No help needed...its from "Renaissance Man" starring Mr. Danny DeVito.

Youre talkin' to the world (OK, the UMass) champion of the Kevin Bacon Game

All of a sudden Mariano has no heart? Cmon. Anyone remember when he beat the Sox 2 years ago by pitching over 3 innings to end the last game? That guy DEFINES heart.

Jeter

Tino

Posada

Williams

Rivera

Johnson

Pavano

Wright

Those are all battled tested guys.

Sheff

Matsui

Those guys have heart as well. This time will be okay. They might only win the division by 15. My prediction of 18 was a little high. My bad.

All of a sudden Mariano has no heart? Cmon. Anyone remember when he beat the Sox 2 years ago by pitching over 3 innings to end the last game? That guy DEFINES heart.

Jeter

Tino

Posada

Williams

Rivera

Johnson

Pavano

Wright

Those are all battled tested guys.

Sheff

Matsui

Those guys have heart as well. This time will be okay. They might only win the division by 15. My prediction of 18 was a little high. My bad.

I'll give you that Tino, Posada and Bernie have heart. However, they no longer have the physical attributes to do anything with that heart.

I'll give you that Tino, Posada and Bernie have heart. However, they no longer have the physical attributes to do anything with that heart.

Yeah Bernie is done. Posada is still functional but is definitely on the decline.

Tino's skills are long gone (since he stopped injecting) but I still would take a shot at him cranking one out in the postseason.

By cranking one out I mean hit a home run...not what TomShane does at Met games in the bleachers.

Tino is like Scott Brosius. When the spotlight is on, they seem to be the only ones who don't realize how much they suck!

Have Heart and Talent:

Matsui

Have Heart and Little Else:

Tino

Williams

Rivera

Have Talent, but no heart:

ARod

Sheff

Pavano

Wright

Over-rated, in general:

Jeter

Posada

Tom I love when you venture into the baseball forum. Rivera had one of his best years last year and he is the best closer of all time. So you are saying he no longer has talent based on 2 blown saves.

Posada isn't that highly rated. So for a catcher with some pop that isn't rated real high...I am not sure who that qualifies him as OVERRATED.

Jeter is the best SS in baseball today. Again not sure how that makes him overrated.

Pavano? No heart? He has done pretty well for himself early in his career.

Not to worry Tom...JetBosox or Mike Martz will soon be hear to clean up the mess you left behind.

I don't consider Jeter overrated at all.

However, Posada is as overrated as they come. A causal basbeall fan would think Posada was one of the top 3 catchers in baseball. He's not. Actually hes far from it. I've seen way too many weak pop ups in big situations from an apparent "All Star" catcher.

Besides a lucky bloop single in the 2003 ALCS, what exactly has Posada done?

And hes maybe slightly above average behind the plate.

Catchers I'd take over Posada off the top of my head:

Pudge

Varitek

Lo Duca

Kendall

V. Martinez

J. Lopez

R. Hernandez

I don't consider Jeter overrated at all.

However, Posada is as overrated as they come. A causal basbeall fan would think Posada was one of the top 3 catchers in baseball. He's not. Actually hes far from it. I've seen way too many weak pop ups in big situations from an apparent "All Star" catcher.

Besides a lucky bloop single in the 2003 ALCS, what exactly has Posada done?

And hes maybe slightly above average behind the plate.

Catchers I'd take over Posada off the top of my head:

Pudge

Varitek

Lo Duca

Kendall

V. Martinez

J. Lopez

R. Hernandez

If Derek Jeter played in Kansas City, no one would ever talk about him. Ever.

If Derek Jeter played in Kansas City, no one would ever talk about him. Ever.

Maybe.

But no one ever talks about Michael Young...right?

Tom, who do people talk about in KC? I bet many never knew about Beltran when he was stuck in KC. All we ever heard was that was the next Yankee CF. Not many causal fans knew much about him.

Look at Derek in the postseason. Granted if he was in KC those numbers wouldn't exist. But we can't ignore the facts that they actually do exist. Correct?

HOWEVER, the fact that Derek gets extra consideration for playing for the premiere franchise in sports automatically should make you question how great a player he is. And he is over-rated. The point about him playing in KC is that if he did, he would not be considered one of the top FIVE SS's in the league. And Max claims he's the BEST. That's horseradish!

Obviously Jeter has the advantage playing NY.

I don't think Jeters the best. Hes probably top 5 though. Consistent .300 hitter that always shows up when they need them (postseason). I'll take it.

As I listen to OH Canada as we speak. :shock:

Obviously Jeter has the advantage playing NY.

I don't think Jeters the best. Hes probably top 5 though. Consistent .300 hitter that always shows up when they need them (postseason). I'll take it.

As I listen to OH Canada as we speak. :shock:

Matt, I'm a baseball idiot and can't continue this debate. Can I have RichardSeymour or JetBosoxFan fill in for me? :lol:

Matt, I'm a baseball idiot and can't continue this debate. Can I have RichardSeymour or JetBosoxFan fill in for me? :lol:

Ill lose it with J/B, and RichardSeymour uses to many useless adjectives and thinks hes much smarter than he actually is. I guarantee this kid writes for his college newspaper. Hey the more adjectives, the smarter I look!

Archived