Hey Draft Guru's..Guess who this Jet second rd was???

Savage69

Stood out at the combine. Missed spring practice but returned to total 41 tackles and eight sacks. Second-team All-Pac 10 for two straight seasons. Terrific athlete. Was able to return punts in junior college. Has gotten a lot bigger and stronger in the last couple of years. Uses long arms to hold off blockers. Has a tremendous upside.

That bust from Washington, Boose.

Bingo Tex and Matt!! That's why I don't get

excited about the Draft until I see Guys perform

in Real Pro Games..Our 2 best All Time Jet D-lines

was John Elliot 7th rd Verlon Biggs 3 rd Gerry

Philbin 3rd rd and Paul Rochester UDFA

Sack exchange had a Number 1 with Lyons a 2 with

Gastineau a 6th with Joe and a 7th with Larry Faulk!

Dorian Boose another Parcells gem to go along with Eric Ogbogu and Rick Terry. Even Belichick and Romeo couldn't get anything out of these guys.

Yeah savage, The Jets have had some excellent value picks in the past especially during the Namath era.

First thing, I go to with draft prospects is their playing career. That's the first thing to look at. Workout numbers are the last thing I look at.

Dorian Boose another Parcells gem to go along with Eric Ogbogu and Rick Terry. Even Belichick and Romeo couldn't get anything out of these guys.

Yeah savage, The Jets have had some excellent value picks in the past especially during the Namath era.

First thing, I go to with draft prospects is their playing career. That's the first thing to look at. Workout numbers are the last thing I look at.

I always thought Tuna was one of the Worst Jet GM's

ever!! The 2000 Draft with 4 number 1's was hard to

screw up but he did with not only Becht but he gave

up a 2nd rd'er to move up for Ellis..He only took

Chad to keep the 49's from getting him as a payback!

You make an excellent point. However, draft analysis was much more primitive in Philbin, Elliott era. Having an entree to small schools was very valuable.

Kansas City consistently mined the "black" colleges, Buck Buchanon, Ernie Ladd, Willie Lanier, etc.

Today, there really are no secrets and the big schools get first dibs on all the talent, black, white or green.

Winning program, on field performance and the interview. These to me are the key ingredients. Not every time, but enough that they should be the factors that get the most weight.

I also have a position bias, DT, OT, DL top the list.

This year I hope the Jets get to choose among Matt Roth, Mike Patterson and Travis Johnson. One of them should be available and have a high probability of being a great pick.

Archived