Could PennyBoy Be Benched????

PatsFanTX

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

against the pats I think chad will have a good game and maybe even win.

Other than delusional, unrealistic blind faith, what leads you to that conclusion?

In 6 games against the Pats, PennyBoy is 1-5 with the following cumulative stats:

113/189, 59.7%, 1,273 yards, 6 TD's and 8 INT's and a whopping 72.9 QB rating.

So again, what leads you to think PennyBoy will have a good game on the 12th?

Seriously, we didn't take clemens in the 2nd round to hold a clipboard.

If Penny tanks against the Patsies then why not give Clemens the rock?

I think we need to give him both the Pats game, the Bears game, and the next one against a not so dominating defense before we pull the plug. But the cap stuff Sperm detailed, and the fact that Mangini isn't shy about benching people, makes this a very likely scenario down the road this season if Pennington doesn't play well. I sure hope Clemens is up to it though because he didn't show much in the pre-season, and Jaws on ESPN, who liked him better than Leinart and Cutler, is usually dead wrong.

I think we need to give him both the Pats game, the Bears game, and the next one against a not so dominating defense before we pull the plug. But the cap stuff Sperm detailed, and the fact that Mangini isn't shy about benching people, makes this a very likely scenario down the road this season if Pennington doesn't play well. I sure hope Clemens is up to it though because he didn't show much in the pre-season, and Jaws on ESPN, who liked him better than Leinart and Cutler, is usually dead wrong.

Jaws was high on him. Hopefully that won't be the kiss of death!

Other than delusional, unrealistic blind faith, what leads you to that conclusion?

In 6 games against the Pats, PennyBoy is 1-5 with the following cumulative stats:

113/189, 59.7%, 1,273 yards, 6 TD's and 8 INT's and a whopping 72.9 QB rating.

So again, what leads you to think PennyBoy will have a good game on the 12th?

Hey Tx, just curious if you'd be willing to post Peyton's stats for the last six games he's played against the Pats. I just want to compare.

Hey Tx, just curious if you'd be willing to post Peyton's stats for the last six games he's played against the Pats. I just want to compare.

The playoff games of 2003 and 2004 versus the Pats are included in these 6 games:

145/237, 61.2%, 1,665 yards, 11 TD's and 8 INT's and a 83.7 QB rating.

The playoff games of 2003 and 2004 versus the Pats are included in these 6 games:

145/237, 61.2%, 1,665 yards, 11 TD's and 8 INT's and a 83.7 QB rating.

Don't forget that Peyton has a 3-6 playoff record. 2 of those wins were at home against Denver. The other win was against the defensively challenged Chiefs.

Why? If the NY Jets are ever going to get anywhere, one cent can't suck against every team with a good defense. These teams are not unbeatable. Actually, we're not even really asking him to go out there and win, we just ask to go out there and not absolutely stink the place up. If he can't even play to the level of "not suck" then why is he the franchise QB? Because he can go and beat a bunch of weak teams? Do you really think Clemens can't do that himself? These next two games determine Chad's career as a Jet. If he posts a sub-60 QB rating for both games, then I think at best he is just a backup on this team. If he can perform well, he can start silencing the critics. But don't just sit there making excuses for him even before he fails, I don't know how someone can support Chad and then at the same time show zero faith in him. Either believe in the guy, or doubt him, don't pretend to believe in him while you doubt him.

12/22@New EnglandW 30-17Yes332369.728530126.5003002

enough said? I think this proves he CAN play well against the Pats.

He played a good game but that was in 2002 and the Jets only made the playoffs because the Pats beat Miami in the last game of the season.

The AFCE was a 3-way tie between the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats. They all had 9-7 records. I wouldn't hang your hat on that mate.

He played a good game but that was in 2002 and the Jets only made the playoffs because the Pats beat Miami in the last game of the season.

The AFCE was a 3-way tie between the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats. They all had 9-7 records. I wouldn't hang your hat on that mate.

The Jets had to take care of New England in New England the week before and then had to take care of Green Bay the following week to go with Miami needing to lose to the Pats...it wasn't all the Pats' doing we got in.

The Jets had to take care of New England in New England the week before and then had to take care of Green Bay the following week to go with Miami needing to lose to the Pats...it wasn't all the Pats' doing we got in.

You forgot to mention that the Packers had nothing to play for as they were 12-3 and were already in the playoffs

to clarify because everything was bunch together.

JETS win 30-17 Pennington throws 3td's to 0 int's for a 69.7 completion% and a qb rating of 126.5

Wow, one friggn' game four years ago.

And that was the year the Pats had the 31st ranked rushing defense in the NFL.

And you want to hang your hat on that?:eek:

Wow, one friggn' game four years ago.

And that was the year the Pats had the 31st ranked rushing defense in the NFL.

And you want to hang your hat on that?:eek:

So you admit that the Pats defense sucked four years ago? Just want to be clear on that point.

I dont understand the love affection jets fans have with chad.

What has he ever done? What will he ever do? Usually the majority of Jets fans are tuff on their players, but Chad, somehow always gets a pass?

Everytime I see a Jets fan at my school with a Penny jersey I say "Pennington sucks". Somebody actually dressed as him and came to my halloween house last night, I was like "Pennington SUCKS!" he said "Jets RULE!!" I said "I know! But Chad SUCKS!"

I cant wait till this team gets a real QB, whether or not that is Clemens I do not know, but I want a real QB.

So you admit that the Pats defense sucked four years ago? Just want to be clear on that point.

Yes they did.

You know why? They had some fat, lazy bastard called Steve Martin on the D-Line.

Can you guess who his former team was?

That's sportin of you, Chumly, but Teddy's not there anymore because Little Billy got tired of him getting stepped on. I wish he was more loyal.

Tommy I like you mate. I'm not British. I'm an Aussie.

BB saw the Jets as a cluster**** and he left for greener pasters in Massachusetts.

I think he made the right move ;)

would you stop telling bleedgreen what to do. maybe he doesn't like johnnybones. perhaps mr bones is on his ignore list.

I'll bet you're even bossier on you're home site....... hell I might even log on to finhaven & find out for myself ;)

Hey come on Mr Willy! I love Pennington and would kill to see him pass all over the Pats. I just get a little frustrated with him against good defenses.

As the official spokesman of the Start Kellen Clemens movement, I once again reiterate our desire to see what Clemens can do.

Perhaps this is not a well known fact, but Joe Montana was not a first round pick! He was actually a third round pick. The two reasons given for why he dropped down so low are his height and arm strength. Mr. Clemens appears to have many similarities or Mr. Montana. I say we give Clemens #16 and let him start. This year and part of next year will be the learning exp, but by year 3 Clemens will bring us home the Vince Lombardi.

Say Yes to Clemens, no to 1 cent noodles.

That's sportin of you, Chumly, but Teddy's not there anymore because Little Billy got tired of him getting stepped on. I wish he was more loyal.

Are you kidding me?

BB did with Ted Washington what he has done with the vast majority of FA's ever since he has been in New England.

Sign a FA for a specific role for a specitic amount of time. Ted Washington was a great signing. Contrary to your statements that he got "stepped on", Washington played extremely well and had an outstanding Super Bowl for the Pats.

Teams that show "loyalty" in the NFL are usually teams that don't compete for the Super Bowl.

That's why the Jets lead the NFL in "loyalty".

Are you kidding me?

BB did with Ted Washington what he has done with the vast majority of FA's ever since he has been in New England.

Sign a FA for a specific role for a specitic amount of time. Ted Washington was a great signing. Contrary to your statements that he got "stepped on", Washington played extremely well and had an outstanding Super Bowl for the Pats.

Teams that show "loyalty" in the NFL are usually teams that don't compete for the Super Bowl.

That's why the Jets lead the NFL in "loyalty".

Being loyal and being cheap are two different things. Being loyal is letting Curt go out on his terms this year and reworking his deal to soften the blow slightly.

Being cheap is being under the cap and crippling Brady and costing him another shot at a ring.

Let me know how that "no loyalty" thing works out for you in January.

Being cheap is being under the cap and crippling Brady and costing him another shot at a ring.

The Pats are 6-1 and currently one of the top two teams in the AFC.

Yea, BB's moves this year is really costing Brady another "shot at a ring".

What a friggn' dumbass.

Hey come on Mr Willy! I love Pennington and would kill to see him pass all over the Pats. I just get a little frustrated with him against good defenses.

I hear ya johnny. It kills me to watch penny fail on the gridiron. where passing is concerned, it seems its all or nothing. either virtually mistake free or all floaters & tips. Don't tell tx but i'm not expecting much from either side of the ball against the pats

actually texmex I'm not hanging my hat on one game, thats just the one the JETS won. His last game in Sept. Chad stats were 59.5% 306 yards 2td, 1 int 4 20 plus yard throws and a 92.8 rating, with NO running game. not to bad.

Lets break that down.

First 38 minutes: 105 yards.

Next 15: Two fluke plays that accounted for nearly half of those 300 yards.

Next 8: Watching a real NFL QB.

actually texmex I'm not hanging my hat on one game, thats just the one the JETS won. His last game in Sept. Chad stats were 59.5% 306 yards 2td, 1 int 4 20 plus yard throws and a 92.8 rating, with NO running game. not to bad.

You are kidding, right?

The Jets were down 24-0 midway throught the 3rd quarter.

Two fluke plays (accounting for 150 passing yards) got the Jets back in the game.

After that, the Pats were sitting in a prevent defense and PennyBoy accumulated meaningless yardage underneath.

What the Jets needed most in that game (key 3rd down conversions to move the chains), PennyBoy failed miserably.

Archived