Could PennyBoy Be Benched????

PatsFanTX

You are kidding, right?

The Jets were down 24-0 midway throught the 3rd quarter.

Two fluke plays (accounting for 150 passing yards) got the Jets back in the game.

After that, the Pats were sitting in a prevent defense and PennyBoy accumulated meaningless yardage underneath.

What the Jets needed most in that game (key 3rd down conversions to move the chains), PennyBoy failed miserably.

I'm not going to argue your point that Pennington didn't have such a great game against the Pats,(he was decent, but far from great) but your "stats" are bull. First of all, his long for the season is 71, so 2 passes cannot "account for 150 yards." The 2 balls against the Pats accounted for 129 yards. They weren't screen passes either. I didn't study them, but the one to Cotchery was probably over 20 yards in the air and the one to Coles at least in the 7-10 yard range. I watched some of the NE-Vikes game and while Brady had a nice game, many of those passes were dumps to the backs that rolled for yards, and there were tons of YAC. Do you guys go back and subtract those yards from his total? Yards are yards and points points. At the end of the year when you do your usual BS statistical analysis, those 2 passes count. Just like the TD he threw to Baker (which went how far in the air?) last week doesn't.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched some of the NE-Vikes game and while Brady had a nice game, many of those passes were dumps to the backs that rolled for yards, and there were tons of YAC.

Brady is the KING of dink and dunks...but thats ok..Chad does it and he gets killed for it..

I'm not going to argue your point that Pennington didn't have such a great game against the Pats,(he was decent, but far from great) but your "stats" are bull. First of all, his long for the season is 71, so 2 passes cannot "account for 150 yards." The 2 balls against the Pats accounted for 129 yards.

So you want to hang me out for an error of 21 friggn' yards?

All the power to you.

And BTW, without those two plays, PennyBoy throws for a whopping 177 yards in that game.;)

So you want to hang me out for an error of 21 friggn' yards?

All the power to you.

And BTW, without those two plays, PennyBoy throws for a whopping 177 yards in that game.;)

I love the way you discount stats when they don't agree with your point, yet you blame Jets fans for doing the same thing.

We can't do the what if thing. Just can't. I mean if Brady had balls he would date women. Who can say how that would impact his on the field performance.

Typical Jet fan response.

When they lose (yet again) another football arguement, they quicky revert to the "Brady is gay" comeback.

Impressive.

This board is about football and bratwurst. Until you can prove to me that Brady is not gay he will fall under the bratwurst category.

I gotta admit, the 2nd one to Coles was a very good play.

The Pats blitzed, Coles cut off his route as the "hot" receiver, and PennyBoy quickly got him the ball.

That was a good play.

Thanks for your "admission." The one to Cotchery was a fairly long completion even without the missed tackle and run.

I wasn't hanging you out for an error of 21 yards, I was hanging you out for an "error" of 150 yards. ;)

Are you agreeing that Coles is the best wr in the AFC East or disagreeing? I hope you're agreeing or otherwise you're just showing your lame New England bias which is made even more lame by the fact that you don't live anywhere near New England.

Reche Caldwell is the best WR in the AFCE this year.

Of couse I'm agreeing that Coles is the best.

You think I'm some kind of "homer" or something?

texmex, what your forgetting is that Brady has been in the same offense his whole career, 7years. Pennington is now in his 8th year and 5th offense, 3rd in as many seasons. it does make a difference. I know Brady is great, but in my opinion Pennington is also. two different qb's two different teams, two different careers. you cannot compare the two.

I know Brady is great, but in my opinion Pennington is also.

I know you are new here, so I will try and be respectful and cordial.

Could you please enlighten me as to why you think PennyBoy is a "great" NFL QB, and in the same league as Tom Brady?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

texmex, what your forgetting is that Brady has been in the same offense his whole career, 7years. Pennington is now in his 8th year and 5th offense, 3rd in as many seasons. it does make a difference. I know Brady is great, but in my opinion Pennington is also. two different qb's two different teams, two different careers. you cannot compare the two.

im a big penny fan but he"s not in gay brady"S league until he got one of those rings on.

Jet fans have been saying the exact same thing for the last 4 years, and how have things turned out?

The Jets have lost 7 straight games to the Pats.

The Pats will easily win their 8th straight on the 12th.

I think the Colts had lost 7 straight to the Pats too, how did that 8th game last year turn out? ;)

Jet fans have been saying the exact same thing for the last 4 years, and how have things turned out?

anygiven sunday tx, but for some reason when we play the pits i mean pats that saying goes out the window..

Hey Tx, how about a friendly wager? If the Jets' win, you don't post here for a week. If the Pats win, no one will post anymore "Tom Brady is gay" threads. That's a fair bet I'd say ;)

tex, I am far from new. been on the board for some time now and at the other board since the beginning. I just dont spend my life posting;) Its my opinion tex, I dont really have to convince you. I guarantee I know a little more about the sport than you, so to have an arguement with you would lower my standards. you dont want to learn, just antagonize, so its really a waste of time dealing with you.

I don't know why I enter threads on page 10... but here's my 2cents, adjusted for inflation. (forgive me if my thoughts have already been discussed...no time to read the whole thing)

I think our jets could struggle badly the next several games. Chad has been a monster with tricks & short passes to offset a running game that is somewhere between fake and nonexistent. I hate to say it but I think if teams just start selling out to the pass the Jets will struggle mightily. And I think there's enough film now for that to be apparent.

Sure hope I'm wrong, but this could get ugly.

DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I NEVER SAID HE PLAYS AT THE SAME LEVEL OR IS EQUAL TO BRADY. I SAID BRADY IS A GREAT QB , AND IN MY OPINION SO IS CHAD. You always try and sway the arguement to a Chad vs. Tom thing. One has nothing to do with the other. Pennington has had three straight injury plagued years, three straight years of new OC's, three straight years with a new offense, and to top it all off, he has come back from the most devasting injury a thrower can have, TWICE!

The guy is a true Champion in my mind even if he never wins the SB. Onc again for the learning disabled (tex), Brady is great, but so is Chad.

DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I NEVER SAID HE PLAYS AT THE SAME LEVEL OR IS EQUAL TO BRADY. I SAID BRADY IS A GREAT QB , AND IN MY OPINION SO IS CHAD. You always try and sway the arguement to a Chad vs. Tom thing. One has nothing to do with the other. Pennington has had three straight injury plagued years, three straight years of new OC's, three straight years with a new offense, and to top it all off, he has come back from the most devasting injury a thrower can have, TWICE!

The guy is a true Champion in my mind even if he never wins the SB. Onc again for the learning disabled (tex), Brady is great, but so is Chad.

Just curious, can you please cite several specific examples as to why you think PennyBoy is a "great" QB?

This should be real good.

Archived