Louisville- West Virginia game tonight-opinions

faba

Rutgers is having a wonderful resurgence under Schianno.

There is clearly a void in the NY/NJ area for a college football power with Cuse sucking ass.

However, probably for the first time ever they have a recruiting class worth mentioning. Plus, once Schianno moves onto a school that actually is competitive, Rutgers will fall back to the 3-5 win team they always are.

3, 4 and 5 star recruits are all nice. Recruiting is like the draft. DROB and Jonathan Sullivan, Jimmy Kennedy, Kevin Williams all were picked ahead Ty Warren. With hindisght, I can honestly say, I wish none of them fell to the Patriots.

I wouldn't be so sure that A Schiano will leave or B that Rutgers will ever go back to being the laughingstock that we were. They are spending too much money on this program for that to happen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't be so sure that A Schiano will leave or B that Rutgers will ever go back to being the laughingstock that we were. They are spending too much money on this program for that to happen.

The good thing for Rutgers is he is a Jersey boy. Like Rodriguez at WVU, I give more, which means nothing, chances him staying being a hometown guy.

That being said, whatever his career goals be it major CFB or NFL, Rutgers is not a top end program and unless he wants to build Rutgers into a PSU equivalant. I would bet he leaves for a better job soon.

I think Rutgers could be a decent, i.e. BC equivalent, program. The loss of the U, Va Tech and BC left voids in the BE. WVU and Lousiville apparently are the former and Rutgers if they can keep UCONN down could be the later.

The good thing for Rutgers is he is a Jersey boy. Like Rodriguez at WVU, I give more, which means nothing, chances him staying being a hometown guy.

That being said, whatever his career goals be it major CFB or NFL, Rutgers is not a top end program and unless he wants to build Rutgers into a PSU equivalant. I would bet he leaves for a better job soon.

I think Rutgers could be a decent, i.e. BC equivalent, program. The loss of the U, Va Tech and BC left voids in the BE. WVU and Lousiville apparently are the former and Rutgers if they can keep UCONN down could be the later.

With the VAST number of good players that come from this area, there is no reason that Rutgers can't be a top 25 team on a year to year basis. The fact that we're gonna have a player at the heisman dinner this year and we're showing that we can make bowls shows recruits that we can get guys here who are the top players in this area and if we can do that we'll be good every year.

they have 5 kids in the top 20, with 3 of those kids still not committed anywhere. you call that well?

Abreu and Newell are both big time jersey recruits. Players like that wouldn't have given Rutgers a 2nd look 3 years ago. Same for Anthony Davis who is the top prospect in jersey and Rutgers is in his top 3 schools.

With the VAST number of good players that come from this area, there is no reason that Rutgers can't be a top 25 team on a year to year basis. The fact that we're gonna have a player at the heisman dinner this year and we're showing that we can make bowls shows recruits that we can get guys here who are the top players in this area and if we can do that we'll be good every year.

Hopefully, Abreu will work out better for Rutgers then Toal has for BC. He has been good, but can't seem to stay healthy.

You are right, there are alot of good players in the area and that has long been a fertile recruiting ground for teams from outside the area.

Hopefully, Abreu will work out better for Rutgers then Toal has for BC. He has been good, but can't seem to stay healthy.

You are right, there are alot of good players in the area and that has long been a fertile recruiting ground for teams from outside the area.

You can't quote me on this but i know alot of people who knew toal at Don B and there were alot of rumors going around about him being juiced up. That could be a reason for his flop at BC.

You can't quote me on this but i know alot of people who knew toal at Don B and there were alot of rumors going around about him being juiced up. That could be a reason for his flop at BC.

Probably so.

I think he had been one of the best recruits ever in BC history.

Thankfully, they have a pretty good factory that can turn out NFL caliber OL and keep the program among the 20-40 range.

How has Toal been a flop at BC? He plays LB and plays offense in short down situations. He has a bunch of TD's on offense.

He has been fighting injury since last season.

BC also has a pretty decent QB in Matt Ryan. He has thrown for over 1,600 yards in 7 games this season.

How has Toal been a flop at BC? He plays LB and plays offense in short down situations. He has a bunch of TD's on offense.

He has been fighting injury since last season.

BC also has a pretty decent QB in Matt Ryan. He has thrown for over 1,600 yards in 7 games this season.

For one of the top LBers in his recuriting class, I would hope for a little more on the defensive side.

I will defer to anyone tha has seen more then me, but impact seems to be ont he side of the ball he was not signed for.

For one of the top LBers in his recuriting class, I would hope for a little more on the defensive side.

I will defer to anyone tha has seen more then me, but impact seems to be ont he side of the ball he was not signed for.

I agree to a point, but he has been struggling with injuries. He has had a big impact in the Offensive side.

Archived