Jason Taylor is talking again

faba

Though they have not played a good game this season, the Dolphins certainly were talking a good one Wednesday.

Staring at the undefeated Chicago Bears as their next opponent, players refused to blink at the prospect of becoming that team's next victim. Some were defiant in their comments about the Bears, with defensive end Jason Taylor leading the boldness as surely as he leads the team in sacks.

''They bleed like us and they can be beaten just like we have,'' Taylor said. ``It's as simple as that. We'll go up there and get after them.

``It's not going to take a miracle to beat this team. I'm sorry. I'll give the Bears their respect -- they're a good football team with a lot of the top players at their positions. But we're not playing the '72 Dolphins or the All-Madden team on the video game. These guys can be beaten; it's as simple as that. I give them respect, but, sorry guys, that's about it. We're still going to go up there to do what we have to do.''

The Bears have done what they've been asked in winning their seven games. The Dolphins have accomplished little other than disappointing their fans and themselves.

A BIG GAP

That is why Miami is a 13

kudo's for the players to defend the head coach. a year & a half just ain't that much time.

I'm curious how we react if mangini starts losing games we deem we should win

note to tx.... "the difference between the best & worst team is minute"

that stat tells me the diff between 1st & 2nd place teams in a division must be really tiny ;)

as much as I hate Taylor I agree with him on this. They crowned Saban king last year now think he sucks. He is trying to establish something down there and get his kind of players. The Culpepper thing is killing him but still a quality coach.

kudo's for the players to defend the head coach. a year & a half just ain't that much time.

I'm curious how we react if mangini starts losing games we deem we should win

that stat tells me the diff between 1st & 2nd place teams in a division must be really tiny ;)

Just like Tx's noodle brain

I will agree with him that the difference being winning and losing can be just a few plays here and there in most games. The trick is to find a way to win- very few onesided games in the NFL nowadays.

I willa gree with him that the difference being winning and losing can be just a few plays here and there in most games. The trick is to find a way to win- very few onesided games in the NFL nowadays.

sometimes it requires fair participitation from striped shirts for that to happen though faba ;)

as much as I hate Taylor I agree with him on this. They crowned Saban king last year now think he sucks. He is trying to establish something down there and get his kind of players. The Culpepper thing is killing him but still a quality coach.

He may be a quality coach, but the genius tag that a lot of people here anointed him with certainly doesn't fit. Some of the luster has come off he Saban aura because of the losing and a couple of Herm like maneuvers such as the replay flag throwing fiasco.

good for Jason Taylor I can actually see them beating Chicago-they ain't as bad (or tough) as everyone wants us to believe-the Bears that is.Hey I saw the Cardinals kick their asses all over the field and a QB who was making boneheaded decisions-They can be beat

That is what i am afraid of this kind of possiblity with Jets.

New Head Coach as a new face in the town, a team gives a 100 percent effort and motivation to have a good first season. Once the new head coach becomes a familar one, the team gets comfortable and goes plummet in the following season..

I dont like that.

Keep telling yourself that.

The Pats margin of victory this year is 11.4 points per game.

The Jets margin of victory is, oh wait a minute, it's a friggn' negative number.:eek:

You're right joewilly, there is just a "minute" difference between the Pats and Jets.

The Jets margin of victory is, oh wait a minute, it's a friggn' negative number.:eek:

You're right joewilly, there is just a "minute" difference between the Pats and Jets.

silly me I thought this was a thread about the Fins - Bears game

Yes, they are behaving very "New Yorkish" over it. Ready to crucify at the drop of a hat. Still, I think it was a mistake for Saban to blame the fans booing and "lack of support" as a reason for losing. You've got to be kidding me.

Anyway, I can't say a day without a losing record for Miami is like a day without sunshine. :)

It is impossible to have a negative margin of victory.

Maybe you are talking about point differential.

Hey SoFla, a little birdie told me you have been taking cheap shots at me on some other message board.

Any truth to that?

As if you would know the difference between a cheap shot and a clean hit on a message board, Congressman Foley. Not that I condone or engage in dirty pool.

Hey SoFla, a little birdie told me you have been taking cheap shots at me on some other message board.

Any truth to that?

just telling the truth-like always I can't remember anything in particular that I said that I haven't or wouldn't say right here...I just felt like talking about the Jets WITH JETS FANS after the loss-something we're not afforded to do here

Archived