Jeter Wins 3rd Gold Glove

Maxman

Isnt it called the Gold Glove and Bat award? Ya know, because it quite obviously is not about strictly fielding.

Derek Jeter is a good defensive shortstop, not a great defensive shortstop. He could easily win the MVP award for his batting average and clutch hits. Ive endorsed him OVER BIG PAPI for the MVP award so I dont want to be called a homer here.

But he does not deserve the GG award over Alex Gonzalez, who is an ALL WORLD shortstop. He is a light hitter, but AG plays the position much better than Jetes.

JBF, you are right, Jeter didn't deserve it this year, there's probably a few shortstops who were just as good with the glove if not better.

surprised Lowell didn't win 3rd base

I concur on all accounts. I bet if Alex Gonzalez hit like Jeter, he would have won it. And Lowell was flat out robbed.

Rotoworlds complete list:

Ivan Rodriguez won his 12th Gold Glove in balloting announced Thursday.

Also winning were 1B Mark Teixeira (2nd), 2B Mark Grudzielanek (1st), 3B Eric Chavez (6th), SS Derek Jeter (3rd), OF Torii Hunter (6th), OF Vernon Wells (3rd), OF Ichiro Suzuki (6th) and P Kenny Rogers (5th). Each of those last six players have now won at least three in a row. Hunter and Chavez strictly coasted on reputation alone this year -- Gary Matthews Jr. was just one of the center fielders better than Hunter and Joe Crede and Brandon Inge were better choices at third. Jeter was as ridiculous of a pick as ever. Juan Uribe should be a two-time winner right now, if only because Alex Gonzalez was limited to 111 games. Some credit should be given to Rodriguez. Most guys up in that territory get their strictly on reputation, but Rodriguez was obviously the best catcher in the AL this year. Grudzy is also a nice choice. Mark Ellis is probably the best when healthy, but he only played in 124 games. We figured Luis Castillo would get the nod.

LOL....in Jeters 2nd season he was widely considered the worst defensive SS in Baseball. Kudos to Jete for his hard work over the years but we're fine with Reyes just the same.

Jeter is just a great baseball player. I have no problem with that.

Reyes is one of my favorite Mets, and I couldnt give a sh1t what some spiteful yanker fans say.

Isnt it called the Gold Glove and Bat award?

Nope.

Ya know, because it quite obviously is not about strictly fielding.

Except that's EXACTLY what it's about.

Derek Jeter is a good defensive shortstop, not a great defensive shortstop.

GREAT defensive players are often guys like Luis Sojo... They rarely play 9 innings, and don't play every day. The Golden Glove goes to whomever the voters feel is THE BEST everyday FIELDER at his position. Its that simple.

Isnt it called the Gold Glove and Bat award? Ya know, because it quite obviously is not about strictly fielding.

Derek Jeter is a good defensive shortstop, not a great defensive shortstop. He could easily win the MVP award for his batting average and clutch hits. Ive endorsed him OVER BIG PAPI for the MVP award so I dont want to be called a homer here.

But he does not deserve the GG award over Alex Gonzalez, who is an ALL WORLD shortstop. He is a light hitter, but AG plays the position much better than Jetes.

I agree with your post. With that said, please go away. Post over at nyyfans or sosh for ****s sake.

LOL....in Jeters 2nd season he was widely considered the worst defensive SS in Baseball. Kudos to Jete for his hard work over the years but we're fine with Reyes just the same.

In his 2nd year he had already won a WS and made 18 errors. He wasn't considered the best but he was far from being considered the worst.

His real problems were in the minor league. He has worked hard, no doubt. But let's not forget he came up when he was 20 so he was just a kid.

In his 2nd year he had already won a WS and made 18 errors. He wasn't considered the best but he was far from being considered the worst.

His real problems were in the minor league. He has worked hard, no doubt. But let's not forget he came up when he was 20 so he was just a kid.

Agree and have said multiple times he has worked hard to become a good defensive SS. I am amazed at the plays he now makes compared to his earlier seasons.

Early on however (which 124 is asking of Reyes) Jeter was not considered even remotely good defensively.....there is more to defense than fielding pct...especially at middle infield positions.

Lupica stated it best today when he said Jeter is a lot of things on the Baseball field but the AL Gold Glove SS is not one of them.

you ALWAYS have to be a D I C K!

This isnt about Mets v. Yankees...a sshole!

Sheesh....

LL

Jeter is Captain Clutch he deserves praise but its jerks like you that make yank fans so despised.

;)

All you Mess fans make it out to be over the season is Yankees vs Mets so when it comes back at you you can't handle it? Ah I see it all now.

;)

All you Mess fans make it out to be over the season is Yankees vs Mets so when it comes back at you you can't handle it? Ah I see it all now.

Beltran won for OF in NL, so it's 1-1 Mets and Yanks...:yawn:

Who gives s h i t, the award is a joke. Palmeiro won playing 24 games at 1B a few years ago.

Who cares about how many stupid baseball awards this guy gets.

Look at his Resume of Women:

1. Vanessa Minillo

2. Tyra Banks

3. Jessica Alba

4. Mariah Carey

5. Rudi Bakhtiar

That's tough to beat, unless you're me :).

That man can get any pOOn he wants. I bet you he has had better looking no name chicks than the ones you listed.

Yes. You weren't a Yankee fan yet but trust me on this one.

Ive been a Yankee fan since 1982. 4 years before you became a Mets fan (1986).

Oh & as far a DJ being the worst SS FPCT wise in 1996.

Derek Jeter - .969 (E)-22

Rey Ordonez- .962 (E)-27

Mike Grudzielanek- .959 (E)-27

Walt Weiss- .957 (E)-30

Jose Valentin- .950 (E)-37

& Just for Fun...

GOLDEN GLOVE WINNER @ SS in 1996

Omar Vizquel - .971 (E)-20

Notice there were At least 4 other starting SS in MLB in 1996 that were much worse than Derek Jeter. Icluding the NY Mets SS who was touted by Mets fans to be a good defensive player. Please take notice that Vizquel who won the gold glove in 1996 was .002 FPCT higher than Jeter and had 2 less errors.

Lupica stated it best today when he said Jeter is a lot of things on the Baseball field but the AL Gold Glove SS is not one of them.

How many times does 1 man need to win a gold glove to be considered a gold glove winner? Lupica is a dildo farmer.

Archived