Rutgers Wins -- MERGED

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ticket prices being asked on the internet are crazy- I would think about paying the money and going but it would kill me to try to get a ticket for Thursday's night game and get home to work on Friday.

See for us college students who don't have friday classes it's no problem for us.:yahoo:

Me & my buddy are thinking of just going down on Thursday and trying to buy them off / scalp off in the parking lot a few hours before kickoff and worst comes to worse just find somewhere to watch the game.

crap, thanks guys I thought the rutgers were luisville

my son just applied to luisville & I told him to jazz up his resume & tell them he's a huge rutgers fan

can someone post a # to the admissions dept of the luisville please. I got some s'plainin to do.

Save your money boys, the game will be over at halftime..Louisville going away :box:

This from a jelious always highly overated notre dame fan who was lucky enough to skate by a couple of unranked teams ,R U shut out navy like a deserving ranked team should have ,I think you guys only beat them by a couple of TD`s.... Go RU ,they`ll pass ND this week after this victory.....

Are they still going to do that when Schiano goes to his dream job in Miami? also not jealous of RU nor will be pissed if they win. They are making progress but after all of these years they should. I love all of these Rutgers fans out there...funny how they only popped up the last 2 years...(not you Madmike)

Are they still going to do that when Schiano goes to his dream job in Miami? also not jealous of RU nor will be pissed if they win. They are making progress but after all of these years they should. I love all of these Rutgers fans out there...funny how they only popped up the last 2 years...(not you Madmike)

Let me say first that i'm 99.999999% sure from the stuff i've been reading around campus and in the local media that Schiano is going nowhere. They are gonna open their wallets to keep him and he wants to stay. That plus the fact that we're about the get the best class in school history makes me very optimistic about the future...

Let me say first that i'm 99.999999% sure from the stuff i've been reading around campus and in the local media that Schiano is going nowhere. They are gonna open their wallets to keep him and he wants to stay. That plus the fact that we're about the get the best class in school history makes me very optimistic about the future...

Rutgers will certainly open it's wallet, for Rutgers. If they are going to compete with the likes of Miami, and I think they will be, they will have to open their wallets WAY OPEN, and I don't think they will do that.

Schiano may like to stay at Rutgers, but it is a money driven world out there. I just don't see Rutgers going over a million a year, and that is what it will take. Probably closer to 2 million if a few of the Big Schools are interested.

Rutgers will certainly open it's wallet, for Rutgers. If they are going to compete with the likes of Miami, and I think they will be, they will have to open their wallets WAY OPEN, and I don't think they will do that.

Schiano may like to stay at Rutgers, but it is a money driven world out there. I just don't see Rutgers going over a million a year, and that is what it will take. Probably closer to 2 million if a few of the Big Schools are interested.

You're wrong actually. He already makes around a million and all indications are that they will go over 2 with him after the season.

You're wrong actually. He already makes around a million and all indications are that they will go over 2 with him after the season.

Your correct, and I must say I am surprised.

The question is, will Rutgers double it. If so he probably stays.

Greg Schiano is New Jersey's highest paid employee making at least $1 million a year which nearly doubles the salary of Rutgers' President Richard McCormick who is the state's next-highest paid employee despite the New Jersey's budget crisis in 2006. The university also pays $998 a month for Schiano's Cadillac Escalade and has spent at least $158,000 preparing a piece of its ecological preserve that Schiano bought to build a new home not to mention $2,900 for an Atlantic-City-to-Manhattan helicopter ride for the head coach. Schiano's bonuses under contract include: $25,000 for conducting football camps in 2006; $50,000 if the team plays in a bowl; $100,000 if the team plays in a Bowl Championship Series bowl; $50,000 for a ranking in the Top 10; $20,000 if players have a grade-point average of 2.6 or above; $100,000 if season-ticket sales rise to 25,000. The team has a six-year graduation rate of 58% and GPA of 2.58 according to the NCAA.

In 2006 Rutgers' needed to cut $800,000 in the athletic budget. Football remained untouched while men's swimming and diving, heavyweight and lightweight crew, tennis, and men's and women's fencing have been dropped. These sports had a combined GPA of over 3.1 and a graduation rate of nearly 100%.

Schiano's going nowhere. UM's a trainwreck and there's no job security. He'd be gone 2-3 years. They'd never give him the opportunity he had here, and now he can stay until he's older that Joe Pa. As one who use to ride the lonely shuttle from College Av Campus to the stadium, I welcome the bandwagon fans with open arms. Schiano said it would happen, and now we have students camping out overnight for tickets. Why shouldn't Tri-state football fans support the only local D1 school now that they're doing well? I've always believed in backing the team where you're from. If not we'd all be Packers, Steelers, or Fish fans. Good luck getting tix, 124. Hope to see you in the Blue Lot thursday afternoon.

Greg Schiano is New Jersey's highest paid employee making at least $1 million a year which nearly doubles the salary of Rutgers' President Richard McCormick who is the state's next-highest paid employee despite the New Jersey's budget crisis in 2006. The university also pays $998 a month for Schiano's Cadillac Escalade and has spent at least $158,000 preparing a piece of its ecological preserve that Schiano bought to build a new home not to mention $2,900 for an Atlantic-City-to-Manhattan helicopter ride for the head coach. Schiano's bonuses under contract include: $25,000 for conducting football camps in 2006; $50,000 if the team plays in a bowl; $100,000 if the team plays in a Bowl Championship Series bowl; $50,000 for a ranking in the Top 10; $20,000 if players have a grade-point average of 2.6 or above; $100,000 if season-ticket sales rise to 25,000. The team has a six-year graduation rate of 58% and GPA of 2.58 according to the NCAA.

In 2006 Rutgers' needed to cut $800,000 in the athletic budget. Football remained untouched while men's swimming and diving, heavyweight and lightweight crew, tennis, and men's and women's fencing have been dropped. These sports had a combined GPA of over 3.1 and a graduation rate of nearly 100%.

That sums up everything that is wrong with bigtime college football, not to mention basketball.

Here's another reason why RU will be getting big recruits for years to come: They will have been on national TV NINE(9) times this season.

Really? I haven't seen them yet (I'm not trying to be a dick either mate) this year. I will be watching Thursday for sure.

Anyone selling tickets?

WHy buy? Wait at halftime, when 3/4 of the crowd leaves, and use a ticket stub for reentry :)

There is no way RU can play with Louisville. This has been a good season for them, and they have been very impressive, but now it's time to play Division I-A football.

Schiano's going nowhere.

Texas A&M will make a run after Schiano after they fire Franchione.

Do not under-estimate how deep their pockets are in College Station.

Franchione would be the perfect guy to take A&M to national prominance.

Why would he possibly stay at Rutgers when he could lead a program that would be in the national hunt every year?

The suitors will be there for Schiano- who knows money and power talks -will he listen is the big question- and loyalty is a lost word in the world of sports.

I think loyalty means even less in College with Coaches.

Saban, Spurrier & Urban come to mind.

Why would he possibly stay at Rutgers when he could lead a program that would be in the national hunt every year?

Schiano has repeatedly said "no" right after reporters asked him if he'd field offers from other schools. He didn't even hesitate and say no or at least say I'll think about it. He's staying.

Wow I thought you were a complete idiot when it came to pro football but it turns out you know even less about college LOL. Schiano will go to Hawaii before Texas A and M.

Archived