Rutgers Wins -- MERGED

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moron the 2nd place team in the Big East is slotted it for the gator bowl already. Rutgers with one loss would be AT WORST 2nd in the conference. I E A gator bowl lock.

Mike-Before you call someone else a "moron", you may want to clean house a little bit.

Since when is the Gator Bowl a BCS game?

You are losing credibility rapidly.

Mike-Before you call someone else a "moron", you may want to clean house a little bit.

Since when is the Gator Bowl a BCS game?

You are losing credibility rapidly.

Why don't you read my posts? I said that the Gator Bowl wasn't a BCS game and that I viewed it that way because it was a January 1st game.

Why don't you read my posts? I said that the Gator Bowl wasn't a BCS game and that I viewed it that way because it was a January 1st game.

A bowl is either a BCS or not.

If you are happy with your school going to "run of the mill Bowls", ok then.

But let's not call Non-BCS Bowls BCS bowls. And that was my entire point

A bowl is either a BCS or not.

If you are happy with your school going to "run of the mill Bowls", ok then.

But let's not call Non-BCS Bowls BCS bowls. And that was my entire point

BCS is all about the cash anyway.

Millions of dollars would be lost if Rutgers got into a big time bowl game.

The check writers won't allow it.

Actually, I would think someone who has more posts has MORE credibility than someone than less.

But, lets not dilute this with silly matters, as you have with name calling

Yeah if he were here to actually talk about sports instead of to troll on another team's board.

Actually, I would think someone who has more posts has MORE credibility than someone than less.

Scott, Scott, Scott, you dont really mean that. :)

Post-count is not directly correlative to cred.

BTW the Gator is a second tier bowl imo (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the winner of the BE will get a berth in a BCS bowl. Whether it will be the NC game is very doubtful, though. L'ville is high profile enough to make it if they run the table, though their defense is suspect.

Scott, Scott, Scott, you dont really mean that. :)

Post-count is not directly correlative to cred.

BTW the Gator is a second tier bowl imo (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the winner of the BE will get a berth in a BCS bowl. Whether it will be the NC game is very doubtful, though. L'ville is high profile enough to make it if they run the table, though their defense is suspect.

Very true the amount of posts is no indicator on quality

Rutgers going to a bowl like the Gator if it happens would be a big accomplishment though for where they are coming from- all a matter of perspective.

Rutgers going to a bowl like the Gator if it happens would be a big accomplishment though for where they are coming from- all a matter of perspective.

The Gator Bowl is a real nice bowl game, and definitely a step up from playing in Az (?) last year, and no bowl the year before that. RU has been steadily moving up, and going to bowl games is a lot of fun.

btw I think I'll be in either Charlotte or Boise for a bowl this year- if they go to one at all. oy

The Gator Bowl is a real nice bowl game, and definitely a step up from playing in Az (?) last year, and no bowl the year before that. RU has been steadily moving up, and going to bowl games is a lot of fun.

btw I think I'll be in either Charlotte or Boise for a bowl this year- if they go to one at all. oy

Miami is not bowl eligible right now- Maryland, BC and who else do they play jetcane?

Miami is not bowl eligible right now- Maryland, BC and who else do they play jetcane?

They also play UVA.

You're right, they need one more win to become bowl eligible, and that is not a lock, although Virginia should be the easiest game.

Greengal you are putting words in my mouth as the saying goes- my true meaning is open to intepretation-I warned you all I am sneaky.

of course i am faba! ;) you know... any opportunity i can have to knock tx...

just go ahead and put aanother flag on my record for personal attacks! :D

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

Considering where Rutgers has come from, the work that Schiano has done is nothing short of miraculous.

The days of Rutgers losing to UCONN and Buffalo are gone for now.

The program is finally headed in the right direction. Getting to a bowl like the Gator bowl is the next step.

It will be interesting to see what happens though in Miami with Coker. Schiano can say he is staying at RU till he is blue in the face. If Miami flashes him tons of cash (Especially now that it looks like Davis is going to NC) I will be really interested to see if he sticks to his word and stays.

It is a fun night tonight. Probably the biggest Rutgers football game since they faced Alabama back in 1980.

The program is finally headed in the right direction. Getting to a bowl like the Gator bowl is the next step.

I agree. It looked like there was some confusion as to whether it was a BCS bowl, and I mentioned that it was not. But it is on par with the Peach (which isnt going to be called the peach bowl anymore, darn corporate b.s.) and old Cotton bowl as a very solid second tier bowl.

Archived