Rutgers Wins -- MERGED

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mulligan or no Mulligan - great effort by the Knight's.

Big congrat's to T-Mac and all the other RU alum and fans. :win:

Much appreciated. I'm still on campus. Gotta pull myself together and get to work by 1pm. No sleep last nite. Hoo-Rah!

Max, where's my Rutgers icon?

Much appreciated. I'm still on campus. Gotta pull myself together and get to work by 1pm. No sleep last nite. Hoo-Rah!

Max, where's my Rutgers icon?

Good for you T-Mac and the Rutgers program. Teel outplayed Brohm to me was the biggest key to the game. Good for their program.

beware let down against Cincy next week.

To me this is the best story in College Football in probably since a young and unheralded Miami team took out Nebraska in the 84 Orange Bowl.

Georgia Tech was a better story. Colorado was a better story.

They were better stories because they finished the deal and then split the championship.

BYU was also a great story in the early 80's.

Numbers for a Rutgers OSU/Michigan game would not be great, in my opinion.

Georgia Tech was a better story. Colorado was a better story.

They were better stories because they finished the deal and then split the championship.

BYU was also a great story in the early 80's.

Numbers for a Rutgers OSU/Michigan game would not be great, in my opinion.

There is one big difference though Scott.

Those teams GOT the chance to close the deal. Rutgers won't get that chance with the BCS.

The final story about Rutgers has yet to be written yet. Heck they could lose next week to Cincy and all this talk is null and void. If they though go through Cincy, Syracuse and West Virginia they at least deserve that shot.

There is one big difference though Scott.

Those teams GOT the chance to close the deal. Rutgers won't get that chance with the BCS.

The final story about Rutgers has yet to be written yet. Heck they could lose next week to Cincy and all this talk is null and void. If they though go through Cincy, Syracuse and West Virginia they at least deserve that shot.

I have seen my team ripped off a few times and have been screaming playoffs since the 70's.

I have to admit, I actually like it when deserving teams don't get a bid to help raise the furor.

BYU is a great example. Look at their schedule that yeaer.

Date BYU Opp.

9/1 20 at Pittsburgh 14

9/8 47 Baylor 13

9/15 38 Tulsa 15

9/22 18 at Hawaii 13

10/6 52 at Colorado St. 9

10/13 41 Wyoming (H) 38

10/20 30 at Air Force 25

10/25 48 at New Mexico 0

11/3 42 UTEP 9

11/10 34 San Diego St. 3

11/17 24 at Utah 14

11/24 38 Utah St. 13

12/21 24 ^ Michigan (B) 17

That Bowl win against Michigan was against a 6-6 team in the Holiday Bowl.

That is not a great schedule for a national champion. Their schedule was ranked 85th in the nation that year.

Colorado and Georgia Tech were also great stories but like I said they GOT their shot. Rutgers won't because of the BCS.

I have seen my team ripped off a few times and have been screaming playoffs since the 70's.

I have to admit, I actually like it when deserving teams don't get a bid to help raise the furor.

You must be an old school Penn State guy. :)

Now I see where this coming from.

BYU is a great example. Look at their schedule that yeaer.

Date BYU Opp.

9/1 20 at Pittsburgh 14

9/8 47 Baylor 13

9/15 38 Tulsa 15

9/22 18 at Hawaii 13

10/6 52 at Colorado St. 9

10/13 41 Wyoming (H) 38

10/20 30 at Air Force 25

10/25 48 at New Mexico 0

11/3 42 UTEP 9

11/10 34 San Diego St. 3

11/17 24 at Utah 14

11/24 38 Utah St. 13

12/21 24 ^ Michigan (B) 17

That Bowl win against Michigan was against a 6-6 team in the Holiday Bowl.

That is not a great schedule for a national champion. Their schedule was ranked 85th in the nation that year.

Colorado and Georgia Tech were also great stories but like I said they GOT their shot. Rutgers won't because of the BCS.

Yup, That was a huge controverys.

You don't have to be an "old schoold" PSU guy to feel cheated. They got cheated in '93

I know that. Im saying hypothetically.

If Wake Forest ran the table in the ACC and went undefeated, they shoudl play for the title.

If Wake ran the table they would have had wins over Florida State, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Clemson and BC.

They would be right there I think.

The problem is is that when you are a Rutgers or a Wake Forest if you lose 1 game not only does an improbable national title shot go out the window but you mostl likely drop out of the BCS race altogether. A team like Florida which plays in the SEC or a glamour team like USC, Ohio State, Michigan can sometimes overcome a loss and still play for the National Championship because of where you play or who you are.

Give me an 8 team playoff like the NFL.

Let's hear it. Tell us what you did.
That stadium was a COMPLETE MADHOUSE last night. That was one of the most exhilarating sporting events i've ever been involved in. I have a feeling this is gonna spoil us lol. We can't go back to being the old rutgers after having nights like this...

I'm still not sold on Rutgers. they're still a division 3 team as far as I'm concerned.....and I know how much my opinion matters to you.

Louisville simply choked and proved that they're not nearly as good as we bought them to be. Congrats on a well fought victory, though. But Rutgers will nver ever be an elite team. This is their seaon. Every team has them. Remember Northwestern, Air Force (a few years back), and there was another team a few years back that had a good season out of nowhere but I can't reember their name because they faded....which is exaxctly my point. Enjoy your time in the sun because next year it'll be back to the usual 3-8 record.

I'm still not sold on Rutgers. they're still a division 3 team as far as I'm concerned.....and I know how much my opinion matters to you.

Louisville simply choked and proved that they're not nearly as good as we bought them to be. Congrats on a well fought victory, though. But Rutgers will nver ever be an elite team. This is their seaon. Every team has them. Remember Northwestern, Air Force (a few years back), and there was another team a few years back that had a good season out of nowhere but I can't reember their name because they faded....which is exaxctly my point. Enjoy your time in the sun because next year it'll be back to the usual 3-8 record.

That team you are trying to remember would not be the Dolphins would it?

Archived