Bradway's Thought Process

PatsFanTX

OK, so 3 days before the draft Bradway trades away the Jets 1st round pick for a back-up TE.

Why the urgency? Did Bradway hear a rumor that Belichick was going after Jolley?

My point being, why didn't the Jets agree in principle with the Raiders but not pull the trigger until it was their turn to select at 26th?

If everyone the Jets really wanted was gone, then trade down.

Trust me, you guys will die when some stud is sitting there at 26 on Saturday.

honestly, why the hell was this trade made right now!??! :shock:

Wouldn't it pay to see if justin miller or heath miller are still on the board at 26 (1 of them will I tellya)

NOOOOOOOO

lets jump the gun, get raped up the butt and get schooled by old man al davis.

Bradways thought process....

Hmmm... I really want a cheeseburger. Yeah. Do I want a whopper or a classic triple.... hmmm.... classic triple, definitely, with some of those chicken nuggets. Man I'm hungry.... god, get to the freaking point Al.... alright, screw this, I'm going to get that burger. Whatever Al, Sure, fax it over, my secretary can forge the signature. Whatever you say Al. Wonder what that was about. Now to go get that burger...

I think Bradway really thought:

I don't like Heath Miller. He's too slow and hurt. Not guaranteed that he will be there at 26 anyway.

Dinger likes Jolley better than heath.

I don't like the options at 26. All the players in that general area are reaches.

I want to get a real starting TE and get some extra picks.

extra picks? we got doug jolley, and a sixth round... otherwise we moved our first rounder down to the middle of the 2nd and moved our 7th up to a sixth. holy sh*t i just realized how badly we got hosed. no wait that was obvious from the minute i heard this deal... nvm

If Doug Jolley is in this draft he s a third rounder. Maybe.

He was a 2nd rounder in a much stronger class a few years ago.

But I agree, Jolley would be no worse than The 3rd TE picked in this draft. His workout numbers are better than Miller's and Smith's.

But I'll go with The 3rd round value. I agree.

The Jets traded down from 26, and got a 2nd, a 3rd, a 6th and moved up from The 7th to a 6th.

That's what they just did.

He was a 2nd rounder in a much stronger class a few years ago.

But I agree, Jolley would be no worse than The 3rd TE picked in this draft. His workout numbers are better than Miller's and Smith's.

But I'll go with The 3rd round value. I agree.

The Jets traded down from 26, and got a 2nd, a 3rd, a 6th and moved up from The 7th to a 6th.

That's what they just did.

Quality>Quantity

The only way I can even attempt to analyze this is Bradway really feels that no one at 26 is really worth it that we can get the same level of player further down in second round- still does not explain why not wait to draft day to make sure a stud is not dropping to number 26

still does not explain why not wait to draft day to make sure a stud is not dropping to number 26

That's exactly the point of this screwed up trade.

No crime in wanting to trade down but if you do that, why not wait to make sure no one is on the board that would be a huge coup. Very good players slip all the time. It will happen again this year.

Oh yea, and the other thing is when you trade down is to make sure you get good value in return. #-o

Serious thoughts:

1. Chad is going to miss a lot of time this year. Dinger is obviously really going to open it up and Chad will pay the price McNair style. If Jolley is starting they are not worried as much about blocking ability. He is advertised as being below average.

2. I don't buy that the Jets were scared off by Miller's hernia injury. The Jets must think Jolley is a better prospect. Hernias take about 6 weeks to heal completely. Once that is done...you risk of reinjury is ZERO. It wasn't like he had knee surgery so I think that excuse is B.S.

3. Bradways tenure is going to depend more on the performance of McCareins and Jolley (trades) instead of Askew, McGraw etc (draft picks)

Archived