BOO YAH! Article on the front page: Humiliation Inc!

TomShane

Jolly makes the team better because he is better than ANY TE prospect would be, "Health" Miller included. While Miller may be a good one one day, he is coming off a severe injury and is not going to be a factor in 2005. And we want to win NOW, not later.

And how in the world can you say Bradway has LESS pressure. He isn;t being judged by how "cool" e drafts. He's being judged by how many WINS we get, same as Herm. He could draft 15 completely unknown AFL players, but if those players get us into the Super Bowl, he's done his job.

HYPE. That is what Jets fans want. At least most of us, it seems.

Homey, we just dropped 21 spots for a guyt who has proven in three years that he can't get it done as a starter. He is a proven commoddity only in the fact that he has proven to be a very average player who doesn't block for the run. And now he's the jets starter. Al Davis RIPPED this team.

Those are mind-blowing stats. 30 cacthes per, 10 yard average, 1.15 TD's a year. That has non-bust written all over him. Let's drop 21 spots and then start him!

Guess you're in the "Dan Snyder School of Drafting" then, eh?

Sure....we should have given up a #2 this year and our #1 and #2 and #2 next year to MOVE up to #15 right?

So we can draft Jones, the workout-wonder'in QBTEWRSuper-Stud Mamula of the Year, right?

Naaaaaa......I know you guys. It doesn't matter WHAT moves or Picks our team makes....you're gonna hate them no matter what.

As I've said before, it must REALLY suck hating the team you claim to love.

[quote name='"

Scott, we have had this conversation for three years and I assume that you're talking to me directly. I defy you to point out where I have been proven "wrong." Donnie Henderson? Where I was pissed at the embarrassment of the SEARCH process that was going on in which legit DC's laughed at us while Terry conducted his search through the media? And then we end up with the fourth choice in Donnie Henderson? Has Donnie worked out? Yes. Was the DC search conducted in a humiliating, embarrassing fashion? No question.[/quote']

TS-The only areas that I can point out where you have been wrong, is by extremely UNDERestimating the Jets win total the past 2 years.

Other than that small oversight, nothing jumps out at me directly :wink:

Guess you're in the "Dan Snyder School of Drafting" then, eh?

Sure....we should have given up a #2 this year and our #1 and #2 and #2 next year to MOVE up to #15 right?

So we can draft Jones, the workout-wonder'in QBTEWRSuper-Stud Mamula of the Year, right?

Naaaaaa......I know you guys. It doesn't matter WHAT moves or Picks our team makes....you're gonna hate them no matter what.

As I've said before, it must REALLY suck hating the team you claim to love.

Fish, that's entirely not factual. I have never ever been a proponent of "trading up" or "drafting Jones." I'm a proponent of doing one's job and finding the best goddamn player who can come in and contribute to your team at the spot you are at. Terry just does not have that ability obviously. Did he learn nothing from last year? All he had to do was sit tight and find one guy at #26--and that guy WILL be there--who can help the Jets win. Now we don't have that option. We have the Raiders' #3 TE and the #47 pick. Good luck.

Fish, that's entirely not factual. I have never ever been a proponent of "trading up" or "drafting Jones." I'm a proponent of doing one's job and finding the best goddamn player who can come in and contribute to your team at the spot you are at. Terry just does not have that ability obviously. Did he learn nothing from last year? All he had to do was sit tight and find one guy at #26--and that guy WILL be there--who can help the Jets win. Now we don't have that option. We have the Raiders' #3 TE and the #47 pick. Good luck.

So WHO then Tom, in your view, was the right guy at #26, the guy Bradway should have stay'd put for?

Who is the rookie at #26 who will outproduce (by himself) Doug Jolly, the #47 Pick and both our new 6th Rounders.

Who is THAT guy, in your view?

TS-Who is to say that the player(s) that th eJets are enamored with at 26, have the grades to be where they are at 47 and 57?

You woudl rather they reach at 26, to say that they sat tight, rather than parlaying the pick into inaother player, a pick and the ability to still get the players they want?

We don't have the luxury of knowing how their draft board is stacked, and it is premptuous to fully comment otherwise

Scotty, this is true. I predicted 8-8 (I believe) last season and 6-10 the year before that. So I was off by two games. My bust.

And as for protecting my psyche, the last time the Jets won ANYTHING is 1969. I have been a fan since 1987. I'm coming up on twenty years of nothingness as a fan. You people who like to piss on us doom-and-gloomers act like we have three Super Bowl appearances the last ten years. You act like we're 49er fans. We're Jets fans, people. We're positivists We're empiricists. When we say that the team has fuc*ed up, it's because we've seen it before. Some, like me, for twenty years. Others are going on 40 years. We root for a team that has nearly a half-century of doing nothing but tripping over their own feet. I think, given that, we are fully allowed to express disgust when the do it again. The Jets have never, ever earned the benefit of the doubt with their fans. Ever.

Scotty, this is true. I predicted 8-8 (I believe) last season and 6-10 the year before that. So I was off by two games. My bust.

And as for protecting my psyche, the last time the Jets won ANYTHING is 1969. I have been a fan since 1987. I'm coming up on twenty years of nothingness as a fan. You people who like to piss on us doom-and-gloomers act like we have three Super Bowl appearances the last ten years. You act like we're 49er fans. We're Jets fans, people. We're positivists We're empiricists. When we say that the team has fuc*ed up, it's because we've seen it before. Some, like me, for twenty years. Others are going on 40 years. We root for a team that has nearly a half-century of doing nothing but tripping over their own feet. I think, given that, we are fully allowed to express disgust when the do it again. The Jets have never, ever earned the benefit of the doubt with their fans. Ever.

Don't you think it's a tad early to give up on the season though?

TS-Jet fan since 73 myself-Not that means anything.

And you know what-Thiks era has been the highlight of that mostly turturous time. Not that thsi is as far as I want my team to succed, far from it.

But I have seen how bad franchises are ruined (or more correctly re-ruined) by thinkling short term and thinking that success is built overnight.,

This regime is different. This regime ghas a plan, has an idea how successful organizations are built and maintain and have even had a modecum of success. For the success that they have, outside of any other like it most of us have enduerd, I give them the rope to let a plan play out.

If you want to go back to the circle jerk of continued upheaveal and lack of continuity, so be it.

I just have been there and done that before. And the results have been terrible. Trust me, far worse than they are now

TS-Jet fan since 73 myself-Not that means anything.

And you know what-Thiks era has been the highlight of that mostly turturous time. Not that thsi is as far as I want my team to succed, far from it.

But I have seen how bad franchises are ruined (or more correctly re-ruined) by thinkling short term and thinking that success is built overnight.,

This regime is different. This regime ghas a plan, has an idea how successful organizations are built and maintain and have even had a modecum of success. For the success that they have, outside of any other like it most of us have enduerd, I give them the rope to let a plan play out.

If you want to go back to the circle jerk of continued upheaveal and lack of continuity, so be it.

I just have been there and done that before. And the results have been terrible. Trust me, far worse than they are now

Scott. This team does not "have a plan." They just fired their offensive coordinator after 4 years of ineptitude. They fired their defensive coordinator after 3 years of ineptitude. Their record is 35-32. They are no closer to the Super Bowl now than they were in 2001. How can you say they have a plan? If they have a plan, it is to adhere to a history of mediocrity and sell tickets. We are going into this draft with holes at D-Line, safety, OT and corner and just traded our first round pick to move into the third tier of players and Doug Jolley, who was a nobody in Oakland. Where is the plan?

What a Florid reply.....

How about NOT ignoring the hard questions.

As I said: So WHO then Tom, in your view, was the right guy at #26, the guy Bradway should have stay'd put for?

Who is the rookie at #26 who will outproduce (by himself) Doug Jolly, the #47 Pick and both our new 6th Rounders.

What a Florid reply.....

How about NOT ignoring the hard questions.

As I said: So WHO then Tom, in your view, was the right guy at #26, the guy Bradway should have stay'd put for?

Whoever is Good when 26 rolls around count on

TS to say; See we could have had_______ Blank to

be filled in Sat!! :mrgreen:

1) I NEVER back-track when I take a position. If I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. Be fair. I have always done so.

2) As for who would be "better" at #26 who will come in and out produce Doug Jolley, the #47 pick and two sixth rounders, here is my response:

At 26 you could draft Justin Miller, who is a young, tough corner that would start from Day One--not only at corner, but also returning kicks. Let's say that it's a fair assumption that Miller would be the pick there.

A starting corner who also returns kicks beats out:

~An average TE who does not block. A TE who averages 30 catches a year for his career. A TE who has PROVEN that he is not starting material in the league. (You guys like to throw around the word "proven."

~At #47 the value lies, potentially, at DT--perhaps Mosely, or at DB-Shazor?. Neither guy is, right now, going to be a can't miss starter. Would I like to have both players? Sure. But, who's to say they wouldn't be there at 57? You guys also want to hoot and holler that the "value" at 26 was "probably" the same as it is at 47--then is there a difference between the #47 and the #57? All we did was drop into the 3rd tier of players to pick up two lesser players as opposed to one more highly valued player. And you could have drafted a Doug Jolley-level player in the third round. And one who blocks, too.

~And two sixth rounders? Are you f'ing kidding me? This is Terry Bradway here. Brooks Bollinger and Marko Cavka ring a bell? If these two sixths make the team I'll be shocked.

So Miller is your guy, eh? Maybe he will be there at 26, no guarantee though. And certainly no guarantee that he could start day 1, or even season 1.

But if we sign Dyson, as it seems more likely we might, does that imply we (i.e. Bradway, Herm, Hendu) prefer Dyson over Miller, or any other 1st Round (#26 or later) CB talent?

Is the Jets F.O. allowed (in your view) to prefer Dyson as the starter alongside Barrett?

According to a Rational Raider Fan..Jolly

suffered from the QB Problem on the Raiders

last year..Gannon going down and having little

time to get any Chemistry with Collins..My only

thought like some others is were they any other

Teams willing to part with their late first for

Jolly?? If not wouldn't it been better for TB

to wait until 26 rolled around on Sat

and maybe getting at least the higher 2nd rd pick?? :roll:

According to a Rational Raider Fan..Jolly

suffered from the QB Problem on the Raiders

last year..Gannon going down and having little

time to get any Chemistry with Collins..My only

thought like some others is were they any other

Teams willing to part with their late first for

Jolly?? If not wouldn't it been better for TB

to wait until 26 rolled around on Sat

and maybe getting at least the higher 2nd rd pick?? :roll:

to be fair, we did end up getting a second rounder (& two #6's) as well. but i'm with you on waiting til draft day to get a better deal out of oakland. was somebody else really waiting in the wings to snatch up doug jolley??

So Miller is your guy, eh? Maybe he will be there at 26, no guarantee though. And certainly no guarantee that he could start day 1, or even season 1.

But if we sign Dyson, as it seems more likely we might, does that imply we (i.e. Bradway, Herm, Hendu) prefer Dyson over Miller, or any other 1st Round (#26 or later) CB talent?

Is the Jets F.O. allowed (in your view) to prefer Dyson as the starter alongside Barrett?

Homey, Dyson is not signed and is still looking at other teams. Why do you guys act like Terry has some secret contract signed and filed away somewhere until after the draft? Why do that now? To deke other teams out and make them think that we're drafting CB Abraham Elimiham in the fourth round? If Dyson was signed, terry would be pulling out that card TO-DAY to cover his ass from the negative fan reaction he's no doubt hearing.

And as for the argument that Miller might not start on Day One, this is true, but I don't get your point. Are yoy saying that because Jolley will start for us, that that justifies dropping 21 spots? Look at it this way--Our new starting TE is not in the top 2/3 of starters in the league right now. This is a FACT. Are you telling me that whoever the Jets would have picked at 26 can't beat that production?

Homey, Dyson is not signed and is still looking at other teams. Why do you guys act like Terry has some secret contract signed and filed away somewhere until after the draft? Why do that now? To deke other teams out and make them think that we're drafting CB Abraham Elimiham in the fourth round? If Dyson was signed, terry would be pulling out that card TO-DAY to cover his a$$ from the negative fan reaction he's no doubt hearing.

And as for the argument that Miller might not start on Day One, this is true, but I don't get your point. Are yoy saying that because Jolley will start for us, that that justifies dropping 21 spots? Look at it this way--Our new starting TE is not in the top 2/3 of starters in the league right now. This is a FACT. Are you telling me that whoever the Jets would have picked at 26 can't beat that production?

Where to start...

Fan Reaction = Meaningless

Dyson = Important Signing, if Bradway misses on him, then we can complain some IMO.

You think Jolly is worse than 24 other teams Starting TE?? No way man, he's not even close to that bad, talent OR production wise.

Miller may not be there at #26. Miller could still be there at #47. Neither you nor I know for sure. And more important, we don;t know if they ever even WANTED Miller at ANY pick.

Yes, Jolly being a quality TE (in my opinion of course) and starting on day one and producing is worth moving down from #26 to #47 and getting two extra 6's. No, no college TE available and worthy of the #26 pick would be the equal of Jolly, and the 2005 stats will bear that out IMO. Some middle round guy might supise us all, but no one who would have been a non-super-reach at #26.

Have some faith Tom. Give some time. See what happens. If Jolly blows chunks in 2005, and the #47 is a bust and the two 6's get cut before the season.....then you are 100% right in your attitude today. But we don't know if ANY of that will happen yet, and we won't for some time still.

Archived