How GREAT is this O-LINE

madmike1

:) They obviously worked on a few things over the bye week.

Well even beyond that actually, I'm pretty sure I and many others have posted that the earliest you would really see the O-line perform the way we want it would be around mid-season. It simply takes time for an O-line to gel. I think that left side now has gotten the exp, and has the talent, such that it can be considered one of the better lines in the league. The right side needs more work, but I think it has benefited too with familiarity. I noticed we were running more towards the left today, behind Brick. So much for Brick not being able to run-block eh? Next year if we take care of the right side, by mid-season we might have a line to really be proud of. A line that we haven't seen since the Cowboys in the 90s. That's how high I am on Brick and Mangold, in terms of foundations. Of course, that is assuming that the right side of the line gets shored up the same way, which isn't an easy task.

Since the Pats fans are all too busy being gracious, maybe we should at least take into consideration the fact that Ty Warren didn't play and Seymour missed a significant portion of the game. On the other side of the ball, I think they were missing at least a couple of OL. We won in the trenches, but it wasn't exactly against their A-team.

I don't want to here that bull****..Everyone in the NFL deals with injuries..Our starting guard has been hurt all year ,we lost 2 d-linemen before the season even started..Our Hall of Fame running back is on IR with a career ending injury..no sir I'm not trying to any of that..Mangini outcoached Belichick and the Jets outplayed the Pat's...thats all that happened!!

I don't want to here that bull****..Everyone in the NFL deals with injuries..Our starting guard has been hurt all year ,we lost 2 d-linemen before the season even started..Our Hall of Fame running back is on IR with a career ending injury..no sir I'm not trying to any of that..Mangini outcoached Belichick and the Jets outplayed the Pat's...thats all that happened!!

Of course everyone deals with injuries, but if you are going to go off one game in the rain, we may be in for a rude awakening against the Bears. I hope we aren't, but you can't go jumping up and down yapping about how Mangold should be at the pro-bowl without thinking about who he was blocking.

Of course everyone deals with injuries, but if you are going to go off one game in the rain, we may be in for a rude awakening against the Bears. I hope we aren't, but you can't go jumping up and down yapping about how Mangold should be at the pro-bowl without thinking about who he was blocking.

I hear you 27 and I am into the 5 second rule..Mangini will have them prepared for the Bears..This was a great win for thev players because it makes them think we csan play with anyone..Every week they buy into Mangini's way of thinking a little more..It's happening right in front of us..They like this guy ,they know NO other opposing coach outworks him..In the NFL thats HUGE..a team that buys into the program 100% is a team that will be successful if the coaching is good, AND there is no question about the coaching!!

I hear you 27 and I am into the 5 second rule..Mangini will have them prepared for the Bears..This was a great win for thev players because it makes them think we csan play with anyone..Every week they buy into Mangini's way of thinking a little more..It's happening right in front of us..They like this guy ,they know NO other opposing coach outworks him..In the NFL thats HUGE..a team that buys into the program 100% is a team that will be successful if the coaching is good, AND there is no question about the coaching!!

Yep, I like the coaching staff, but I did have my reservations about this round peg-square hole defense. The fact that they seemed better prepared after the bye week shows me something and hopefully, like you say, the players will 100% buy in.

Wait a minute hoss.

Mangini clearly out coached Belichick yesterday. He had the team up for the game.

QB Chad Pennington

"I think we all have our own reasons for why we wanted to beat New England.

LB Victor Hobson

"New England has been on the top of the division for so long and this is my first victory against them in my four years with the Jets.

Mangini will have the team prepared, but I doubt the Jets's players are as geeked as they are for the Patriots.

Plus, spare us the hyperbole he outworks everybody. Where was that work effort against the Brownies? :rolleyes:

Wait a minute hoss.

Mangini clearly out coached Belichick yesterday. He had the team up for the game.

QB Chad Pennington

"I think we all have our own reasons for why we wanted to beat New England.

LB Victor Hobson

"New England has been on the top of the division for so long and this is my first victory against them in my four years with the Jets.

Mangini will have the team prepared, but I doubt the Jets's players are as geeked as they are for the Patriots.

Plus, spare us the hyperbole he outworks everybody. Where was that work effort against the Brownies? :rolleyes:

The Pats lost. To the Jets. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of this. It happened yesterday. It was pretty cool actually.

The Pats lost. To the Jets. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of this. It happened yesterday. It was pretty cool actually.

And if you were a halfway decent site administrator you would have known I was here. ;-)

This o-line is playing great. They are young and all great football players. Mangold is going to turn into a great. He was destroying yesterday!

Props to Tony Wise, who looked to be the hardest working asst every day I went to tc.

He worked tirelessly with these guys, and its starting to pay dividends.

• 10 months later...
Interesting thread now that everyone says this same oline is the reason Thomas Jones has been playing horribly.

Your going to continue your Tjones bashing by claiming that Barlow is better?

This is also the same Oline that was a wreck to start the year... and then started to work better.... notice a pattern?

This is also the same Oline that was a wreck to start the year... and then started to work better.... notice a pattern?

Where did I claim Barlow is better? Jones has gotten a free pass from 99% of the posters on here. That is the point I am getting at.

Well to be fair, you cant get much worse than the starts of this season and last! lol

It sounds like you are suffering from separation anxiety.

Did TJ steal your lunch money?

So tell me if you were in the Jets FO what would you have done different in the winter? Who would be starting if it was your choice? I still believe after these two games we took the best option we had.

I would have got Chris Brown for less money. I would have looked to see who was available at RB in the 1st 2 rounds and drafted the best RB available.

I would have got Chris Brown for less money. I would have looked to see who was available at RB in the 1st 2 rounds and drafted the best RB available.

They just drafted Leon... they needed a proven VET... Jones just came off a superbowl... it was the right choice... he is an upgrade over Blaylock already (who started weeks 1-3 last year), and will be over Barlow... not to mention he is cheaper than them,.,..

Archived