Anyone else a tiny bit unsatisfied with the ending?

CTM

Let me start by saying that yesterday's win was great, it was real nice to finally beat the Pats. Real Nice. The only thing that left me a tad bit disappointed was the ending, it probably has more to do with the scenario I had set up in my head then anything else, but as the Pats were driving down the field and I was watching Gostowski take some practice kicks, I was HOPING the Pats would get in long FG range.

Why? Because there was NO way this kid would've made a 49 yard FG to win the game. No way in hell. As we all know this is a FG that AV would almost certainly make. The best part is that the moment the FG was missed, the whole world would know that the Pats model of being cheap and valuing the system over the players 100% of the time was wrong. That maybe the "genius" wasn't as infallible as once imagined. And what better way to announce this to the league and to the Pats themselves then a crushing loss to the hated Jets.

The win was sweet, but the icing on the cake would've been proof positive of Belichick and Kraft's arrogance undeniably coming back to haunt them.

you kidding me CTM? What could possibly have been better than the picture of Brady on his butt and the Jets celebrating 2 feet away? PERFECTION

Lol, that's actually my avatar on the other site, so maybe your right. I just remember sitting there hoping this kid would get a chance and miss...

I'm sure the Patsies were nervous as hell as well...

I wouldn't tinker with a win in Foxboro. This guy was great, that guy was bad, the drama could've been more/less. Blah blah blah. This was a great win for a team that is still rebuilding & I'll take it just as it came & love it.

Co-sign.

Can we throw this thread into the dump? oh wait, wrong board.

I wouldn't tinker with a win in Foxboro. This guy was great, that guy was bad, the drama could've been more/less. Blah blah blah. This was a great win for a team that is still rebuilding & I'll take it just as it came & love it.

Can't disagree. I'm just waiting for the AV decision to bite them in the ass and short of a playoff loss, what better way then to the Jets...

Miserable= complaining about being unsatisfied with that win.

LOL

No complaints, and not unsatisfied. I tried to be very clear that the win was great. In my mind, I had the perfect scenario as they were driving down the field and would love to see BB and kraft have to deal with the Vinatari stuff for awhile...

Perhaps I'm missing something then, he seems to be a dick more often then not..

Actually Cane is a excellent poster and during TC takes the time to deliver daily reports.

If the Jets had lost this game you'd be posting how Pennington didn't get us in FG position. Now when we end the game with Brady dazed and confused on his a$$, you are a little unhappy.

Perhaps I'm missing something then, he seems to be a dick more often then not..

Different boards = different dynamics. It doesn't make any of us bad. Well most of us anyway, lol.

Cane did make me laugh on JI -- with all his lobbying to keep Tx over there. That was pretty funny. POTW kind of funny.

Actually Cane is a excellent poster and during TC takes the time to deliver daily reports.

If the Jets had lost this game you'd be posting how Pennington didn't get us in FG position. Now when we end the game with Brady dazed and confused on his a$$, you are a little unhappy.

I may have misworded my post, I'm not unhappy, not at all, I was hoping to see the Pats choke on their "system"

JC is one of the best we got here Chan-GS is right-you should have been here during TC-we got more information from him than we did from all the newspaper articles combined-especially when the MILF contingent wasn't that great in the stands...THEN the reports were even better

JC is one of the best we got here Chan-GS is right-you should have been here during TC-we got more information from him than we did from all the newspaper articles combined-especially when the MILF contingent wasn't that great in the stands...THEN the reports were even better

Ok, I stand corrected then...

I actually read all his TC reports, just wasn't a member then...Forgot it was him though...

Like I said, I stand corrected....

Different boards = different dynamics. It doesn't make any of us bad. Well most of us anyway, lol.

Cane did make me laugh on JI -- with all his lobbying to keep Tx over there. That was pretty funny. POTW kind of funny.

I actually saw that and it was funny..

Let me start by saying that yesterday's win was great, it was real nice to finally beat the Pats. Real Nice. The only thing that left me a tad bit disappointed was the ending, it probably has more to do with the scenario I had set up in my head then anything else, but as the Pats were driving down the field and I was watching Gostowski take some practice kicks, I was HOPING the Pats would get in long FG range.

Why? Because there was NO way this kid would've made a 49 yard FG to win the game. No way in hell. As we all know this is a FG that AV would almost certainly make. The best part is that the moment the FG was missed, the whole world would know that the Pats model of being cheap and valuing the system over the players 100% of the time was wrong. That maybe the "genius" wasn't as infallible as once imagined. And what better way to announce this to the league and to the Pats themselves then a crushing loss to the hated Jets.

The win was sweet, but the icing on the cake would've been proof positive of Belichick and Kraft's arrogance undeniably coming back to haunt them.

First off, I don't think any kicker in the NFL could have hit a 49-yarder in those conditions yesterday.

Second, the Jets won that game when they converted 3 1st downs on their final possession. Brady getting the ball back with 2:30 left and all 3 time outs is a big difference from getting the ball back with 1:09 and no timeouts needing to go 60 yards.

First off, I don't think any kicker in the NFL could have hit a 49-yarder in those conditions yesterday.

Second, the Jets won that game when they converted 3 1st downs on their final possession. Brady getting the ball back with 2:30 left and all 3 time outs is a big difference from getting the ball back with 1:09 and no timeouts needing to go 60 yards.

didn't they get the ball back after a Graham punt back at aroud the 10?

As for the FG Adam V could hit 40 plus yarders in a blizzard-I'm glad he's not there now-

Clearly the last Jet drive was key, but you can't tell me you weren't nervous with the idea of Gostowski kicking for the tie instead of AV..

Letting AV go will bite you guys, I just hope it's in a big game...

didn't they get the ball back after a Graham punt back at aroud the 10?

As for the FG Adam V could hit 40 plus yarders in a blizzard-I'm glad he's not there now-

I agree, it wasn't windy yesterday. The field was the big problem, but AV would've hit it and Gostowski wouldn't of...

I agree, it wasn't windy yesterday. The field was the big problem, but AV would've hit it and Gostowski wouldn't of...

how about them going for it on 4th down a couple of times Chan? If AV was the kicker this year-they would have tried them both-not with Gostkowski though

Originally Posted by GimmeShelter

____

Thanks guys. Anyone who reads my posts year 'round knows I hardly ever get on Jets fans for expressing their opinions. I usually go after the negative Nellys and trolls who try to put the kibbosh on Jet posters, and also the posters who try to throw a wet blanket on people, even when good things happen.

Originally Posted by GimmeShelter

____

Thanks guys. Anyone who reads my posts year 'round knows I hardly ever get on Jets fans for expressing their opinions. I usually go after the negative Nellys and trolls who try to put the kibbosh on Jet posters, and also the posters who try to throw a wet blanket on people, even when good things happen.

and unfortunately there seems to be way too many of those kinds of Jets fans-and I am not thinking of anybody in particular

Archived