Can we Beat the Chicago Bears???

Jet27

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Herm Edwards would say something like this,

well next sunday is a new sunday, so we'll have to see which sunday this will be for the jets, will it be the sunday of this past week or the sunday of three sundays ago, we'll just have to see......so with those words I still say Jets 27 Bears 14

Really?

You guys have your hands full this week.

Just so your heard it hear first, the Jet receivers will shread the Bears secondary. Chad will do just enough..just like against your guys and in the end it will be 27-14 and 6-4.

There is a chance, of course.

I am so glad that the Bears won last night and play the Patriots after us. Hopefully, they will look over the Jets and be a little hungover from their win on Sunday night.

Either way, if we can make Rex start making bad choices, we can win.

BZ

For crying out loud.

The Jets just beat the one and only elite team they will beat all year.

Thanks, considering your recent track record, that all but guaranteed us a win. Hey tx, do me a favor, tell us we can't win the Super Bowl this year, you just might jinx us into winning it.

For crying out loud.

The Jets just beat the one and only elite team they will beat all year.

Shh... you've already stuck your foot in your mouth enough this year and yesterday was proof enough that your knowledge of football is blinded by your disturbing love of a certain overrated QB who, yesterday, was gloriously covered in mud.

I don't want to get c0cky. The bears are a great time. Did everyone see the 2nd half of their game last night? When they came out to play the tore apart the giants.

I posted after you, but I did see all but the last 10 minutes of the game (against the Giants) If the Jet defense plays like it did against the Pats, it might be even more than 14. Remember what the fins did to them. Nothing speacial just played real physical ball with them and knocked Grossman around for 4 quarters. That's what is going to happen this week at the meadowlands....I'm more worried about the Packers....

I posted after you, but I did see all but the last 10 minutes of the game (against the Giants) If the Jet defense plays like it did against the Pats, it might be even more than 14. Remember what the fins did to them. Nothing speacial just played real physical ball with them and knocked Grossman around for 4 quarters. That's what is going to happen this week at the meadowlands....I'm more worried about the Packers....

I'm worried about the Packers game more, too. If we continue to blitz we may be able to pull out a win sunday. We will see, hopefully.

The Jets can absolutely beat the Bears. On offense, they need to protect the ball, run a lot, and make two big plays. On defense, they need to pressure Rex up the middle and catch the ball when he throws it to them. On special teams, they have to kick away from Devin Hester (unless it's inside the 10 where he has a tendency to make bad decisions) and keep Robbie Gould off the field.

Your right, you forgot that we have an answer on special teams as well, Justin Miller, they have to protect that as well. If chad can stay within the game plan. and the play calling is solid (no frills)..we will win. Grossman will make mistakes.

The Jets can absolutely beat the Bears. On offense, they need to protect the ball, run a lot, and make two big plays.

On defense, they need to pressure Rex up the middle and catch the ball when he throws it to them.

On special teams, they have to kick away from Devin Hester (unless it's inside the 10 where he has a tendency to make bad decisions) and keep Robbie Gould off the field.

1- The NYJ have done a good job protecting the ball, and not committing penalties (bad calls dont count). I want to see a good Leon Washington package and a new Brad Smith play or two.

2- Mangini and Sutton need to turn the blitzers loose again- Rhodes needs to have a monster day

3- Kicking away from Hester HAS to be the strategy. It's the best way to take him out of the game. Westhoff better know better than to kick it to him, and we'll need a good day from the kicking teams to compete.

1- The NYJ have done a good job protecting the ball, and not committing penalties (bad calls dont count). I want to see a good Leon Washington package and a new Brad Smith play or two.

2- Mangini and Sutton need to turn the blitzers loose again- Rhodes needs to have a monster day

3- Kicking away from Hester HAS to be the strategy. It's the best way to take him out of the game. Westhoff better know better than to kick it to him, and we'll need a good day from the kicking teams to compete.

I agree with you.....

We are really going to have cause for concern on our kickoffs. I don't think we can afford many of Nugget's kicks to the 20. Against the Pats, they had good field position on a lot of drives because they'd return it back to the 40. Nugent really is beginning to worry me now. I thought he was supposed to have a good leg? This is really unnacceptable.

There is a chance, of course.

I am so glad that the Bears won last night and play the Patriots after us. Hopefully, they will look over the Jets and be a little hungover from their win on Sunday night.

Either way, if we can make Rex start making bad choices, we can win.

BZ

I saw a stat today when he has a game with a great passer rating the next game he craps the bed-badly too

We are really going to have cause for concern on our kickoffs. I don't think we can afford many of Nugget's kicks to the 20. Against the Pats, they had good field position on a lot of drives because they'd return it back to the 40. Nugent really is beginning to worry me now. I thought he was supposed to have a good leg? This is really unnacceptable.

According to a well known draft guru on this site, the Jets didn't waste a 2nd round draft pick on Nugent for his kick off ability.

They drafted him for his uncanny ability to nail those 50+ yard FG's when a game is on the line.

His short kickoffs are not a problem at all, and Nugent shouldn't have to be measured against those results at all.;)

It is directional kicking.

According to a well known draft guru on this site, the Jets didn't waste a 2nd round draft pick on Nugent for his kick off ability.

They drafted him for his uncanny ability to nail those 50+ yard FG's when a game is on the line.

His short kickoffs are not a problem at all, and Nugent shouldn't have to be measured against those results at all.;)

Bethel Johnson.

Marquis Hill.

Chad Jackson.

Archived