Herm has his scapegoat now

Jetsfan80

Why would Herm need a scapegoat after he leads the Jets to victory in next years SuperBowl?

You mean you guy are going to bash him for not winning by enough points?

That's right...I brought it there.

how would that be any different than if they stayed pat & the draft did'nt work out??

It wouldnt, but in this case, Bradway had the opportunity to control what picks he could get, and if it ends up failing us, it's worse than just standing pat, where he has the excuse of picking in "no-mans land".

yeah but out of all the freaking TE's in the league... doug jolley? why? think how many better TE's are out there that probably could have been had for the same, if not better deal. Its been hours since ive learned of this and i have yet to stop sh*tting my pants in horror.

Why would Herm need a scapegoat after he leads the Jets to victory in next years SuperBowl?

That statement right there is more idiotic than all the Jet fans who claim the Jets snookered the Raiders with the Jolley trade. #-o

Take off the glasses Max. :wink:

so wait the GM of this team makes a questionable move and already your talking about how Herm has a scapegoat? Mini camp has not opned yet. The draft is 3 days a way and the schedule just came out. I mean come on lets see what kind of team is put on the filed before we start bashing.

Whats so bad about herm?

Leading our team to the playoffs more than any other jets HC in the first 4 years (or something) ?

What's wrong with Herm? He's not good enough to win a Super Bowl. When we win it next season, it will be in SPITE of him, and directly the result of Henderson and Heimerdinger taking complete control on both sides of the ball.

The onus falls on you now, Herm. Terry's done his job. It's your turn.

... this is a day to be positive about the direction that our beloved team is taking ...

... great work T-B ...

... i haven't been this happy during the offseason & draft - ever ...

... i really love the decision making process regarding the cap & this team ...

kudos

l_j_r

What's wrong with Herm? He's not good enough to win a Super Bowl. When we win it next season, it will be in SPITE of him, and directly the result of Henderson and Heimerdinger taking complete control on both sides of the ball.

The onus falls on you now, Herm. Terry's done his job. It's your turn.

...so let me see if i got this... :-k if edwards leads us to a super bowl, it will be in spite of him. but you want him to do his job, only you won't give him any credit if he does. got it. #-o

Bradway just might be bailing Herm out now, meaning that it will be at least another 2 seasons before we see our HC replaced.

If Herm keeps having winning seasons and playoff seasons. there will be no reason to fire him.

Thus far, He's done an ok job as The HC of The Jets.

If Herm keeps having winning seasons and playoff seasons. there will be no reason to fire him.

Thus far, He's done an ok job as The HC of The Jets.

You know I can agree with you on this one..The

"Real" football work will be done by Dinger,

Henderson and Westoff!! Hermie will do his cute

Press Briefing's and answer football questions

with "Well I think we finally have all our chicken

wings in a Row"..He will continue to excel in BBQ

with the best Wings and Ribs in the East! So if you

want to say Hermie lead the Jets to winning seasons

I won't ask the hard question like; Explain exactly

what he did?? Was it the hand clapping?? Or the pats

on the players butts?? Maybe the great Clock

management?? No Hermie will have about as much to

do with the Jets success as a horny Idiot that

Fathered a child! In this case the Woman who did

all the work with be the excellent Staff while all

Hermie did was blow his Load! Something even I agree

he's Great at!! :mrgreen:=D>

great post savage, could not have said it better myself. Hermy can cook the "ribs" while Dinger and Hendu do all the work.

YJF if you really know football, you should know that

Herm is a tool and adds nothing and sees nothing and knows nothing.

great post savage, could not have said it better myself. Hermy can cook the "ribs" while Dinger and Hendu do all the work.

YJF if you really know football, you should know that

Herm is a tool and adds nothing and sees nothing and knows nothing.

That's BS. That's your perception. Not the reality.

Edwards as a head coach is a tremendous leader and motivator. The two most important qualities at head coach.

HC has the toughest job. Position coach or coordinator is easy in comparison to The HC. When you are a WR coach. You just deal with your position players. As HC, You control every single aspect.

Assistants coach the position players. Head Coach leads the entire operation. He sets the agenda and enforces it. HC is involved in every single area.

That's what Dick Vermeil does, That's what Parcells does. You have to be hands on in every area but you have to let your coaches coach. That's what their jobs are.

You oversee the entire team and every single aspect. You are involved in every area and you are everyone's boss. That's what an HC does.

Head Coach is getting the most out of his players and coaches. He's gotta have everybody working hard and working towards the same goal.

Since Herm has been here. His teams work hard, are prepared and disciplined and the team has tremendous chemistry.

The Jets always play hard. ALWAYS. Herm's best coaching job was 2 and 5 in 2002. Most "bad" head coaches lose their teams at that point. They don't go 7 and 2 down the stretch and make the playoffs.

That's BS. That's your perception. Not the reality.

Edwards as a head coach is a tremendous leader and motivator. The two most important qualities at head coach.

HC has the toughest job. Position coach or coordinator is easy in comparison to The HC. When you are a WR coach. You just deal with your position players. As HC, You control every single aspect.

Assistants coach the position players. Head Coach leads the entire operation. He sets the agenda and enforces it. HC is involved in every single area.

That's what d!ck Vermeil does, That's what Parcells does. You have to be hands on in every area but you have to let your coaches coach. That's what their jobs are.

You oversee the entire team and every single aspect. You are involved in every area and you are everyone's boss. That's what an HC does.

Head Coach is getting the most out of his players and coaches. He's gotta have everybody working hard and working towards the same goal.

Since Herm has been here. His teams work hard, are prepared and disciplined and the team has tremendous chemistry.

The Jets always play hard. ALWAYS. Herm's best coaching job was 2 and 5 in 2002. Most "bad" head coaches lose their teams at that point. They don't go 7 and 2 down the stretch and make the playoffs.

And you say your not a Hermie Apologist?? :mrgreen:

Yeah Herm shares in everything but the Blame! In one

of your other Apologist threads you said;Now Herm

can hire his people!! Your are the Johnny Cochran

to Hermie's OJ!! If the Jets don't quit,Hermie's not

a Twit!! BTW that was Chad that took the Jets to

7-2 when Hermie was Forced to put him in!! :roll:

On the few occasions Edwards did things to show what a brilliant head coach he is-the end of the Ravens and Steelers games-it was a disaster. He was so uninvolved with the offense that the player he wanted in the game-Jordan-wasn't in the game until he almost slugged it out midplayoff game with his RB coach. UNPRECEDENTED!

Bellichick steals his lunch every game save a few, excepting beating the Pats at 9-7 on the 3rd tiebreaker.

Again better a powerless clueless figurehead cheerleader with 2 solid coordinators than a powerful clueless figurehead cheerleader who thinks he knows what he's doing. "Like we did in Tampa", that Valhaalla of underacheiving talent Edwards used to brag about. Just make Miller a player and Edwards will have done a satisfactory job.

And you say your not a Hermie Apologist?? :mrgreen:

Yeah Herm shares in everything but the Blame! In one

of your other Apologist threads you said;Now Herm

can hire his people!! Your are the Johnny Cochran

to Hermie's OJ!! If the Jets don't quit,Hermie's not

a Twit!! BTW that was Chad that took the Jets to

7-2 when Hermie was Forced to put him in!! :roll:

savage, correct me if i'm wrong. you seem to think edwards was given the job based only on his skin color. if that is your thinking, then it stands to reason why the man can do no right as the jets head coach in your eyes.

but look where this team is today, going into day 2 of the draft?? i don't need the national/NY media's take on where we are, the jets are ready to win a super bowl!! to say the head coach's contribution is clapping & hosting BBQ's is bad comedy.

head coaches/managers delegate responsibility in every sport i follow. why do you make it seem edwards is somehow cheating the system by doing so as well?? the jets are in a run of success right now that the franchise has never seen before. as the head coach he has earned his due. even if you & others choose to give him none. that's not an apology savage, [-X its' the damn truth. like it or lump it...

Archived