Cashman has something up his sleeve

Barton

We miss out on the Matsuzaka sweepstakes, ok.

He keeps stockpiling these young arms. The Yankees rotation is chock full of question marks. I could see a package of Sanchez, Proctor/Farnsworth, Melky and another prospect being dealt for a good young pitcher.

I wouldnt rule out the Arod rumors heating up big time during the winter meetings. Maybe we make a deal for Jake Peavy. Is Ben Sheets available?

I dont want Dontrelle Willis for what it would take to get him.

Barry Zito is a better pitcher than him, and only costs money.

I am now open to the idea of getting Barry Zito. If you could guarantee me a healthy Schmidt for 3 years I'd rather do that, but its no guarantee with Schmidt staying healthy. At worst, with Zito, you'd have a good #2 starter who will have an era in the 3.8 range with over 200 innings pitcher.

There is absolutely no way we go with this rotation heading into the season: Wang, Moose, Randy, Pavano, 5th guy.

Cashman will bring in an ace or a very good #2.

All I can say is that I hope you're wrong Barton. Cashman has added some very good young arms and there is absolutely nothing wrong with filling your farm system with quality arms.

The Yankee can still try to add Kei Igawa, Ted Lilly who is a Sox killer, one more arm to compete...and you also have Karstsens, Rasner, Pavano, Randy Johnson, and Moose. That's a lot of arms. The wise thing for Cashman to do would be to add a couple of starters and go to spring training with

Wang

Moose

Igawa

and let the kids/free agents fight for the final two spots. If things aren't working out by the all-star break, then make a deal. Preferably not one that includes multiple young arms and Melky.

I'm with Air Force on this one. I would have loved to have D-Mat, but not at that price, plus his contract. Sign me a Ted Lilly at a 3 year deal, and let Moose, Wang, Randy, Lilly and kid from Minors be the rotation. Maybe even Pavano makes a cameo here and there!!

With their lineup, the overall pen, and Mo, that rotation will get them 95 wins, unless Moose and Randy miss major portions of the season.

I'm with Air Force on this one. I would have loved to have D-Mat, but not at that price, plus his contract. Sign me a Ted Lilly at a 3 year deal, and let Moose, Wang, Randy, Lilly and kid from Minors be the rotation. Maybe even Pavano makes a cameo here and there!!

With their lineup, the overall pen, and Mo, that rotation will get them 95 wins, unless Moose and Randy miss major portions of the season.

I've got no problem with letting Pavano fight for a rotation spot this spring. Leaving the 5th spot open for Pavano/Karstens is fine with me. If he can pitch fine, if not who cares?

We miss out on the Matsuzaka sweepstakes, ok.

He keeps stockpiling these young arms. The Yankees rotation is chock full of question marks. I could see a package of Sanchez, Proctor/Farnsworth, Melky and another prospect being dealt for a good young pitcher.

I wouldnt rule out the Arod rumors heating up big time during the winter meetings. Maybe we make a deal for Jake Peavy. Is Ben Sheets available?

I dont want Dontrelle Willis for what it would take to get him.

Barry Zito is a better pitcher than him, and only costs money.

I am now open to the idea of getting Barry Zito. If you could guarantee me a healthy Schmidt for 3 years I'd rather do that, but its no guarantee with Schmidt staying healthy. At worst, with Zito, you'd have a good #2 starter who will have an era in the 3.8 range with over 200 innings pitcher.

There is absolutely no way we go with this rotation heading into the season: Wang, Moose, Randy, Pavano, 5th guy.

Cashman will bring in an ace or a very good #2.

Why the sudden change of heart? Do you think Zito wants to pitch for the Yanks?...I dont think so...look at what they did to other new pitchers...pavano, irabu, vasquez...the list goes on. I think Zito will come to the mets because of his confort level with peterson and the rising status and excitement of the Mets. However, if the yanks cough up enough bank..maybe zito flies to the bronx. I wonder how soon Zito will make his mind up.

LL

Why the sudden change of heart? Do you think Zito wants to pitch for the Yanks?...I dont think so...look at what they did to other new pitchers...pavano, irabu, vasquez...the list goes on. I think Zito will come to the mets because of his confort level with peterson and the rising status and excitement of the Mets. However, if the yanks cough up enough bank..maybe zito flies to the bronx. I wonder how soon Zito will make his mind up.

LL

I'm pretty sure Barry Zito knows that he's a much better pitcher than Pavano/Irabu/Vasquez ever were and that he can succeed at wherever pays him the most $$$

he's an athlete man, they have ego's

Rumor is that Sanchez might be dealt for a veteran. I don't know who else would go in a package like that, but it's looking possible.

Cashman is also thinking of bidding on Gil Meche -- a righty who would take a place at the bottom of the rotation. Personally, I feel that the Yankees need to be worried more about the TOP of the rotation, because Randy is no longer reliable enough to be an ace.

Rumor is that Sanchez might be dealt for a veteran. I don't know who else would go in a package like that, but it's looking possible.

Cashman is also thinking of bidding on Gil Meche -- a righty who would take a place at the bottom of the rotation. Personally, I feel that the Yankees need to be worried more about the TOP of the rotation, because Randy is no longer reliable enough to be an ace.

I read that at the GM meetings, Yankees and White Sox officials had dinner together. Maybe discussing a deal for any 1 of their starters, for a packaged highlighted by Sanchez from the Yankees.

I'd want Jon Garland from them.

I read that at the GM meetings, Yankees and White Sox officials had dinner together. Maybe discussing a deal for any 1 of their starters, for a packaged highlighted by Sanchez from the Yankees.

I'd want Jon Garland from them.

I'd rather Burelhe, but I would not trade a lot for him.

Garland has better stuff and throws harder. Buerhle looked awful this year.

If he could rebound to his pre-2006 form, I'd rather have Buerhle, but who knows why his velocity was so down and his control was off the charts.

Burhle for Sanchez straight up, I'd do it. If we need to give more, it would depend on what we're giving. We need to add another lefty starter -- Randy is busted and unreliable. Yankees play in a stadium that BEGS for a LHP...

Burhle for Sanchez straight up, I'd do it. If we need to give more, it would depend on what we're giving. We need to add another lefty starter -- Randy is busted and unreliable. Yankees play in a stadium that BEGS for a LHP...

McCarthy is probably not on the market at all. So if any White Sox hurler is available, I would rather Burelhe. I think he is the obvious choice for teh Yankees from the White Sox.

Archived