TOCK TOCK TOCK

Blackout

Pedro's 600 million dollar arm is hanging off by a string, Lastings Milledge has ALOT of potential to live up to if the Mets don't sign Barry Zito, the Marlins are going to get stronger simply by gaining experience, the Braves will probably get better, and so will the Phillies with all that offense. I think the Mets have tocked.

TOCK TOCK TOCK

Pedro's 600 million dollar arm is hanging off by a string, Lastings Milledge has ALOT of potential to live up to if the Mets don't sign Barry Zito, the Marlins are going to get stronger simply by gaining experience, the Braves will probably get better, and so will the Phillies with all that offense. I think the Mets have tocked.

TOCK TOCK TOCK

Man, 103 to 98 must STILL HURT :yahoo: :yahoo:

It really is sad whyen Yankee fans have to go back in teh record books to try and create smack. It means, your current incarnation can't be very good.

Gee, do you really think it is fair to compare # of trophies when one team was around for more than 60 years than the other.

Blackout-You may want to pay attention more in school

TOCK TOCK TOCK

hahaha, dude worry about your team. The AL East is about to get a lot tougher.

LL

It really is sad whyen Yankee fans have to go back in teh record books to try and create smack. It means, your current incarnation can't be very good.

Gee, do you really think it is fair to compare # of trophies when one team was around for more than 60 years than the other.

hahahaha,, ancienthistory blackout schooled again by SD..

POTW Nomination

OK.

How about Trophies since 1969? You can count your s from that year.

Yankees ahead, 6-2.

Next.;)

BTW - as far as current teams go, the Yankees ended 2006 in the same position as teh Mets: Without a WS Trophy. That's the goal for everyone (even the Pirates and Royals, although their actions may indicate otherwise). So, for current versions of our respective teams, we are both in the same boat.

OK.

How about Trophies since 1969? You can count your s from that year.

Yankees ahead, 6-2.

Next.;)

BTW - as far as current teams go, the Yankees ended 2006 in the same position as teh Mets: Without a WS Trophy. That's the goal for everyone (even the Pirates and Royals, although their actions may indicate otherwise). So, for current versions of our respective teams, we are both in the same boat.

You see Mets fans starting this type of thread?.....not so much the title but the accompaning rubbish in the initial post.

And both boats are called the MS We Didn't Win A Championship In 2006

If playoff victories count on the final record in baseball (which they don't) then sure, the Mets won more games playing in a weaker league / division. Okay, sure, give you the 103 to 98, was their any real difference? Nope. Because if the Yankees had been able to play your schedule while if the Mets played ours I guarentee you the Yankees would've had at least 105-110 wins with the Mets around the area of 80.

Now, this isn't for excuses but in baseball you don't see the playoff record attached on to the regular season, just like in Hockey & Basketball. Football is the only record that sometimes you can find attached to the regular season record. Point is, it was 98 to 98 and the 6 game series was 3-3. NL is weaker than the AL but who cares? Both teams played good baseball but both were clearly not good enough to make it the World Series and compete for a championship.

Mets fans, I'm giving you enough credit as it is, don't give me this "but we were so close by losing in Game 7!" Yeah? So we were so close to making the WS in 2004 and so close to winning 4 straight in 2001.

If playoff victories count on the final record in baseball (which they don't) then sure, the Mets won more games playing in a weaker league / division. Okay, sure, give you the 103 to 98, was their any real difference? Nope. Because if the Yankees had been able to play your schedule while if the Mets played ours I guarentee you the Yankees would've had at least 105-110 wins with the Mets around the area of 80.

Now, this isn't for excuses but in baseball you don't see the playoff record attached on to the regular season, just like in Hockey & Basketball. Football is the only record that sometimes you can find attached to the regular season record. Point is, it was 98 to 98 and the 6 game series was 3-3. NL is weaker than the AL but who cares? Both teams played good baseball but both were clearly not good enough to make it the World Series and compete for a championship.

Mets fans, I'm giving you enough credit as it is, don't give me this "but we were so close by losing in Game 7!" Yeah? So we were so close to making the WS in 2004 and so close to winning 4 straight in 2001.

haha,,

Mets tick-eriffic year still hurts huh after all this time,, let it go, you will feel better ;)

103 to 98

Stay tuned for Tick, tick, tick Part 2, APRIL 2007

Uh No,, Mets boat is the HMS 103 while Yanks dingy is called the 98 ;)

Right.:yawn:

And the HMS Phillies won more games then the HMS Cards this season. But that didn't help them at all. Phils sat out October, but the Cards have the rings.

Bottom line. Both teams end up in the same boat. Winless.

Right.:yawn:

And the HMS Phillies won more games then the HMS Cards this season. But that didn't help them at all. Phils sat out October, but the Cards have the rings.

Bottom line. Both teams end up in the same boat. Winless.

no, bottomline is Mets 103 to Yanks 98,,

tick tick tick

yeehaw

So hmm...does the weaker league win the WS? What? Its an exception?

The NL won the WS....they were the stronger League by winning the WS.

Case Closed.

LL

no tide has turned

remember the AL smacking the NL's ass in head to head matchups?

even the lower tier AL talent beat up the lower NL talent.

knucklehead, read and remember your question,,

The AFL HAD turned the tide. It was a football question,,yikes, smokin lunch again?

Ok...so who won the WORLD SERIES....nuff said.

LL

And who won 6 of 8 before that?

I really believe that 1 thru 25, the teams in the AL are superior to the teams in the NL. Not every team. The Mets, Cards and Phils and Astros would be competative in any division in Baseball. Most of the other NL teams though, would be worse off, IMO.

And who won 6 of 8 before that?

I really believe that 1 thru 25, the teams in the AL are superior to the teams in the NL. Not every team. The Mets, Cards and Phils and Astros would be competative in any division in Baseball. Most of the other NL teams though, would be worse off, IMO.

Well at least you put a qualifier...Barton just dumps the baby with the bathwater..but what do you expect from a 15 year old who is so hard up for a date that he flashes his Kid Yankee ID...expecting that a woman would swoon.

silly rabbit...dic ks are for chicks.

LL

Archived