By embracing Jolley, you're amitting Bradway's mistakes.

sirlancemehlot

We need a TE! We love Jolley! He'll be our starter and has tons of upside! Please remind me again who drafted Chris Baker? I thought he was the answer a TE. Other needs according to the board's consensus: We need a Tackle! We need one bad considering that neither Jolley nor Baker is half the blocker Becht was! Please remind me who drafted Jones, Cavka, the Knish? We really, really need a good corner! Without one we'll never compete for the AFC East! Please remind me who brought in Barrett, drafted strait? Terry has addressed every "need" we currently have, and they are still needs. In fact they are even bigger needs concerning our lost FA's. Giving up high-round picks when the team is thin is foolish. Claiming Bradway has a master plan is wishful thinking. He, so far, has given up first-day picks in three consecutive drafts (first rd and fourth for D-Rob, second rd. for J-Mac, and now a first for Jolley). And we wonder why our "needs" don't go away. #-o

We need a TE! We love Jolley! He'll be our starter and has tons of upside! Please remind me again who drafted Chris Baker? I thought he was the answer a TE. Other needs according to the board's consensus: We need a Tackle! We need one bad considering that neither Jolley nor Baker is half the blocker Becht was! Please remind me who drafted Jones, Cavka, the Knish? We really, really need a good corner! Without one we'll never compete for the AFC East! Please remind me who brought in Barrett, drafted strait? Terry has addressed every "need" we currently have, and they are still needs. In fact they are even bigger needs concerning our lost FA's. Giving up high-round picks when the team is thin is foolish. Claiming Bradway has a master plan is wishful thinking. He, so far, has given up first-day picks in three consecutive drafts (first rd and fourth for D-Rob, second rd. for J-Mac, and now a first for Jolley). And we wonder why our "needs" don't go away. #-o

DIG!!

He, so far, has given up first-day picks in three consecutive drafts (first rd and fourth for D-Rob, second rd. for J-Mac, and now a first for Jolley). And we wonder why our "needs" don't go away.

Uh, DT #1 (D-Rob), WR #2 (JMac) and TE (Jolly) are not needs right now. DT #2 (Furgy) is a need. Beyond that, we are set at WR and TE. So what point are you trying (and failing) to make here?

Jets Fans = Definitiion of Melodramic Whining Over-reaction and Hype-love. If it was up to some of you, we'd be thew AFC version of the Deadskins, with a roster full of Mike Mamula.

Get over it, it's a good deal.

Uh, DT #1 (D-Rob), WR #2 (JMac) and TE (Jolly) are not needs right now. DT #2 (Furgy) is a need. Beyond that, we are set at WR and TE. So what point are you trying (and failing) to make here?

Jets Fans = Definitiion of Melodramic Whining Over-reaction and Hype-love. If it was up to some of you, we'd be thew AFC version of the Deadskins, with a roster full of Mike Mamula.

Get over it, it's a good deal.

If you'll pardon me, Warfish, you need to read the entire post to see the point that I make. The point had nothing to do with DT, WR. The POINT is that every one of this year's needs was already addressed by Bradway in the past. And they are still needs. That is not a successful track record.

tell both sides...how'd we do with needs at LB???

the cb needsare only due to depth not lack of talent and only the fans feel we have needs on the o line

the cb needsare only due to depth not lack of talent and only the fans feel we have needs on the o line

How'd we do at LB? every fan was pushing for Vilma or DJ last year. Every one. TB could've closed his eyes and picked either and folks still stroke him for the Vilma pick. Ludicrous. Barton--good job. Hobson...benched for an undrafted Mark Brown.

:shock:

Herm: "Adrian Jones will be our left tackle."

Bradway (two weeks later): "Adrian Jones will be our RIGHT tackle."

Somebody is lying to you, MeanBro.

How'd we do at LB? every fan was pushing for Vilma or DJ last year. Every one. TB could've closed his eyes and picked either and folks still stroke him for the Vilma pick. Ludicrous. Barton--good job. Hobson...benched for an undrafted Mark Brown.

First: Not nearly "every fan" was calling for LB. Plenty were calling for other posiitons. Nice re-write of fan history there.

Second: Hobson was hurt, not benched. And if Brown DID beat him out via quality of play, who got Brown on the team for cheap. That's right....Bradway.

Jets Fans = Melodramic Over-Reaction and Self-Loathing. God, I would hate to go through my life hating the team I claim to love.

we have never had that TE that could do the job... Johnny Mitchell had potential but was a head case.

Kyle Brady a huge speciman but YAC was not his strong points - when Parcells brought in Mark bavaro to work with Brady i thought we had somethuing cooking - no dice

Parcells traded for that other TE greene i think his name was and he was always injured.

Becht makes Kyle Brady look like Tony Gonzalez

fair points. bradway is in the process of re addressing needs. if dyson is on board (please no busted up ty law) & we do well on saturday, i'll feel better about this move.

Herm: "Adrian Jones will be our left tackle."

Bradway (two weeks later): "Adrian Jones will be our RIGHT tackle."

Somebody is lying to you, MeanBro..

Not really TS..When TB said that he was standing

behind the O Jet line..When Hermie said that he

was on the D side looking at the Jet Line and got

confused and Flustrated..So when he saw Jones on

his Lefthand side he thought he was the LT.. :mrgreen:

lol on undrafted, i guess theres no credit for bringing him in though is there???

Please keep in mind the complete ass clown that Terry had to work with at OC.

Who would you have more faith or trust in? Paul Hackett or Mike Heimerdinger?

Dinger is one of the top three OC in the game today, with an extensive track record. Look at the personnel he helped developed, and the versatility of his ofenses. The difference this man can make is huge, especially with the people we bring in.

Do you really think it was a coincidence that Terry had his best draft EVER, once new, better, more experienced assistant coaches and coordinators were brought in?

Is it a coincidence that Terry was able to find Erik Coleman, draft Vilma, and got good production out of Barrett? Henderson had alot to do with that.

I also believe that Terry, after consulting with his staff heavily, was advised that both Millers were not worthy of the #26 pick, and with Dyson possibly locked up, the best thing to do was trade down.

I like the trade dwon and acquisition of Jolley, but I do not like getting the #47 pick. #38 would have been much better.

We really, really need a good corner! Without one we'll never compete for the AFC East! Please remind me who brought in Barrett, drafted strait?

So Barrett, the guy who were paying #2 CB money to isnt performing as a shutdown corner. Its like he's performing as a good #2 corner . . . =D>

Straight, a third round pick, who has injured for more than half the season, isnt a shutdown corner yet. This Terry guy sucks.

I cant believe were signing Dyson, i mean just because Donnie Abraham wants to retire and Mickens is old and wont last more than one more year, does that mean we need to sign another guy?

All this obviously proves that Bradway sucks :roll:

Or maybe it proves that your talking out of your ass? That could definately be another possibility.

eLOT :good:

Bottom line is that Bradway/Edwards took over a playoff caliber team and and have not really improved it much.

Drafted Lamont Jordan to replace Martin (who was in the prime of his career) while they had had more pressing needs.

Traded up to get Santana Moss (drafted as a return man/3rd reciver) while they had more pressing needs.

Let Coles go in free agency because they had Moss. Then traded Moss for Coles because they didn't like the fact that Moss went out of bounds to avoid being hit and Coles was available.

This off season - failed to go after Derrick Mason after signing his OC. Marcus Pollard? Let Ferguson and McKenzie go. I could go on. But in defense of Bradway he sometimes recovers well - Pete Kendall, Derrick Blaylock... but overall I think the negatives outway the positives.

P.S. It's not that no one likes Doug Jolley, it is the fact they traded 1st round pick for the guy. If they added him as a free agent it's not a bad move.

Ray Lewis was drafted with the 26th pick. I know everyone is going to say "there is no Ray Lewis in this draft..." bull because there are good players with a lot of upside potential opposed to a guy like Jolley that is an veteran average TE.

Bottom line is that Bradway/Edwards took over a playoff caliber team and and have not really improved it much.

Drafted Lamont Jordan to replace Martin (who was in the prime of his career) while they had had more pressing needs.

Traded up to get Santana Moss (drafted as a return man/3rd reciver) while they had more pressing needs.

Let Coles go in free agency because they had Moss. Then traded Moss for Coles because they didn't like the fact that Moss went out of bounds to avoid being hit and Coles was available.

This off season - failed to go after Derrick Mason after signing his OC. Marcus Pollard? Let Ferguson and McKenzie go. I could go on. But in defense of Bradway he sometimes recovers well - Pete Kendall, Derrick Blaylock... but overall I think the negatives outway the positives.

P.S. It's not that no one likes Doug Jolley, it is the fact they traded 1st round pick for the guy. If they added him as a free agent it's not a bad move.

Ray Lewis was drafted with the 26th pick. I know everyone is going to say "there is no Ray Lewis in this draft..." bull because there are good players with a lot of upside potential opposed to a guy like Jolley that is an veteran average TE.

please dont half step, that is wha the other board was good for, on this board it would be much appreciated if you could list those "other pressing Needs" and how not addressing them hurt the team that year...otherwise you just blowing smoke up everyone's ass and anyone can post something like this, come on man please support your arguments or admit they are weak

"...blowing smoke up everyon's a$$?" What are you talking about? If you're a Jet fan you know the answer. We haven't won a SB, we haven't gone to the championship game and we're not even the best team in our division under the Bradway/Edwards regime.

"and how not addressing them hurt the team that year" - did the Jets win it all and I missed something?

So you're saying, that the Jets had no weaknesses?They could have used a good young LB knowing Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones were "more done" than Curtis Martin. A CB, a safety perhaps? TE?

Not that John Hall was the greatest kicker but Doug Brien was a step down. Losing Coles forced Moss into the starting lineup but we had no 3rd receiver...

Oh man, so many to pick from.

1) Your right, they did take over a team that was playoff caliber. Ofcourse you didnt mention that the team was about to be destroyed by the cap and Bradway/Tannenbaum managed to save us.

2) The Lamont thing was just bad timing. If we would have drafted a RB 1 year earlier then we would have given Curtis that huge contract. What did you want us to do after that? Cut Curtis? Bench a guy making a ton of money? We did the only thing we could do.

3) We were set at WR? We had Coles. If you mean to tell me having Chrebet as our #2 was set, then yeah, we were loaded.

4) So we just LET Coles go. We didnt get the 13th overall pick in the draft for him, certainly not. The FO decided that the contract he got was too much, most people agreed.

5) Didnt go after Mason? Mason is 31 and Coles is 27. They both make about 5 million a year. At the end of Mason's contract he'll be 36, Coles will be 32.

6) Why didnt we pay Fergie a 9 million dollar signing bonus and over 4 million a year? He's only 31 years old and is surrounded by three great D-Lineman.

eLOT :win:

I dont know what to think. At 24 we werent getting one the top guys anyway. I f jolley turns out to be a stud, and he gets inked a little cheaper then so be it. we get an extra second rounder and theres always good stuff in rd 2.

I dunno, it all depends

I dont know what to think. At 24 we werent getting one the top guys anyway. I f jolley turns out to be a stud, and he gets inked a little cheaper then so be it. we get an extra second rounder and theres always good stuff in rd 2.

I dunno, it all depends

I think that's how most rational fans should feel.

We really don't know how this trade will turn out, because we don't know if Dyson has been signed.

We don't know how Jolley will perform with a new team and offense.

We don't know who will be available at #47 and #57.

We don't know whether Terry is done trading yet. Perhaps John Abraham and a bunch of picks?

At the very least, we should wait until saturday, after the first day is over and after Dyson gives his answer.

"...blowing smoke up everyon's a$$?" What are you talking about? If you're a Jet fan you know the answer. We haven't won a SB, we haven't gone to the championship game and we're not even the best team in our division under the Bradway/Edwards regime.

"and how not addressing them hurt the team that year" - did the Jets win it all and I missed something?

So you're saying, that the Jets had no weaknesses?They could have used a good young LB knowing Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones were "more done" than Curtis Martin. A CB, a safety perhaps? TE?

Not that John Hall was the greatest kicker but Doug Brien was a step down. Losing Coles forced Moss into the starting lineup but we had no 3rd receiver...

ok even though this has been reiterated numerous times... the team hadn't been to the playoffs in two consecutive years before TB took over...yet he did not improve the team right?

losing coles did NOT force Tan to be a starter, poor memory, losing Coles led to the signing of the WR from SD then Tan earned a starters role and went to the PB buddy

now tell me specifically how picking certain players and not addressing 'needs' as you stated hurt the team, and because we didnt win a ring doesnt mean the team was hurt

Looking at the big picture, they are really no better than when they took over.

Jolley will not become a stud. At best we can hope he becomes a good TE. He's not even a top fantasy TE and that only goes by receptions, yards and TD's! The only wa it become a good trade is if the Raiders pick a dud and the Jets draft stud...

Look at the trade this way... what if last season we traded Anthony Becht, a 2nd rounder and two 6th rounders to NE for a 1st rounder. We would have loved that deal!

So Barrett, the guy who were paying #2 CB money to isnt performing as a shutdown corner. Its like he's performing as a good #2 corner . . . =D>

Straight, a third round pick, who has injured for more than half the season, isnt a shutdown corner yet. This Terry guy sucks.

I cant believe were signing Dyson, i mean just because Donnie Abraham wants to retire and Mickens is old and wont last more than one more year, does that mean we need to sign another guy?

All this obviously proves that Bradway sucks :roll:

Or maybe it proves that your talking out of your a$$? That could definately be another possibility.

eLOT :good:

Okay, I'm not going in circles with this, opinions are opinions. Let's look at facts:

Take two teams, each with disgruntled players that the teams plan on trading/cutting/releasing. One team has a starting-caliber LB who is a proven veteran and capable of performing at a high level. The other has a third-year player who's production has droppd since his rookie season and has fallen to third on the team's depth chart. Both teams would like to get some value for the players before they're forced to release them unconditionally June 1st.

The team with the proven starting-caliber linebacker trades him for a seventh round pick.

The team with the third-string TE trades him for...a first round draft choice.

This sounds rediculous, doesn't it? It happened though. And there is one common factor in both scenarios: Bradway got schooled.

Whether or not you like Doug Jolley, there is no denying that we got less than the value of a #1 draft choice.

P.S. Elot. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep the "talking out of your ass" statements to yourself. Where they belong.

Archived