Im drunkin Funk!!!!

MochaBear

67, are you nuts?

Chicago is one of the greatest cities in the US.

Other than Seattle, Chicago is an extremely clean city.

Have you ever taken a stroll down Michigan Avenue on a warm summer night?

a stroll down michigan ave on a warm summer night? is that in your gaymenmatch.com profile?

chi town is a great city. one of my best memories was being snowed in there for 2 nights & gettin home xmas eve. I met some great people there. we went xmas carolling door to door in the hotel we were staying drunk as skunks. at one door a hooker opened the door & gave one of the girls in our group 5 bucks

Once when I was serving in Korea during the war, I got sick and tired of having liver and fish for an 11-day stretch, Driven near to insanity, I started a riot in the mess tent. Me and my best friend, Trapper John then ordered spare ribs and sauce from the best place he had ever had them, in Chicago. I think the place was called Adam's Ribs. Trapper called a woman he spent a weekend with to pick up the ribs, and then they get choppered in. Unfortunately, right as we were sitting down to eat them, wounded arrived and we were forced to postpone sinking our teeth into our beloved ribs until later. Longest surgery session I ever spent I swear.

Wait a minute - I didn't serve in Korea. This must have been a MASH episode then I guess...:)

Chicago's alright in my book. A little windy but alright.

ummm wow... too much "captain" last night :bag:

Chicago got the nickname "windy city" because of all the Jazz being played there. Or so the story goes...

You are correct sir. It is, in fact, not that windy there. The windy reference comes from this:

The power of the name lies in the metaphorical use [of] "windy" for "talkative" or "boastful." Chicago politicians early became famous for long-windedness, and the Midwstern metropolis's central location as a host city for political conventions helped cement the association of Chicago with loquacious politicians. Their football team's inflated record against the dregs of the NFL has them [the fans and denizens of the city] underlying the nickname with double meaning.:P

You are correct sir. It is, in fact, not that windy there. The windy reference comes from this:

The power of the name lies in the metaphorical use [of] "windy" for "talkative" or "boastful." Chicago politicians early became famous for long-windedness, and the Midwstern metropolis's central location as a host city for political conventions helped cement the association of Chicago with loquacious politicians. Their football team's inflated record against the dregs of the NFL has them [the fans and denizens of the city] underlying the nickname with double meaning.:P

I'll leave the last part alone but in case you are wondering, the first time Chicago has been referenced to as "Windy City" was in 19th century in a brochure that advertised a resort located at Michigan Lake shore , due to breezy and windy conditions. Anything else you hear on this topic (including CHicago Bears record being inflated) is a fib, my friend.:box:

Archived