****THE OFFICIAL JETS VS BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD****

BP

What the hell has Clemens show ANYONE that he can do in the NFL? When he's played he's looked AWFUL. Chad has won 5 games and he would've won AT LEAST 6 if the refs hadn't been betting against us all season. Thats a hell of a lot more then what Clemens has shown.

When has he played??? You're telling me you think a few plays as a rookie determine his NFL career? Are you stupid? Or do you just take payoffs from Chad? Boozer made a thread for you to post in btw.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When has he played??? You're telling me you think a few plays as a rookie determine his NFL career? Are you stupid? Or do you just take payoffs from Chad? Boozer made a thread for you to post in btw.

No it doesn't determine but rookie QB's NEVER play well in the NFL. Chad has NOT played bad enough to go to a rookie who has proven nothing.

What really killed us today:

Our rookies showing their youth. (Coleman on that whiff, Mangold and Brick on the FS)

And the Refs. We got comepletely hosed by them. Again. It's becoming ridiculous.

really?? That's what REALLY killed us?? You're right, it couldn't have been the aweful pass right to Urlacher in the end zone or the floating lob to Vasher when we were driving. Those were mere flesh wounds. Clearly Brick and Mangold's false starts were the fatal blow :rolleyes:

really?? That's what REALLY killed us?? You're right, it couldn't have been the aweful pass right to Urlacher in the end zone or the floating lob to Vasher when we were driving. Those were mere flesh wounds. Clearly Brick and Mangold's false starts were the fatal blow :rolleyes:

Ya, that's what I said. Why don't you read. Both of those FS penalties came a crucial times. If the refs get that call right it's a completely different game. If Coleman makes the tackle, it's a completely different game. This loss cannot squarely be put on Chad Pennington. And for someone who is so critical of him, you aren't coming up with any viable alternatives to him at this particular junction. So you can take you smarmy sarcastic answers and put them.. well use your imagination.

Or how about that underthrow to a wideopen Coles? 10 yards is too much to ask for I guess if you can't step into the throw. God knows no other QB can throw that far right?

Or how about the 7 overthrows? I guess that proves his arm is good enough, he overthrew, that shows he's too strong!

I laughed as Coles and Cotchery just looked around confused on two of those passes.

I know, if we can't blame the refs or rookies, let's blame the defense. They DID give up a TD right? And a FG, even if it was a short field, let's blame them anyway. Can't blame Chad, he did his best. Why are you demanding points on the board? Don't you understand the Bears have a good defense? Nobody has ever scored on them all season you know.

Ya, that's what I said. Why don't you read. Both of those FS penalties came a crucial times. If the refs get that call right it's a completely different game. If Coleman makes the tackle, it's a completely different game. This loss cannot squarely be put on Chad Pennington. And for someone who is so critical of him, you aren't coming up with any viable alternatives to him at this particular junction. So you can take you smarmy sarcastic answers and put them.. well use your imagination.

Yes, you're right. Obviously if not for thos FS, Pennington would have thrown for 5 more TDs. Stop blaming Chad, it's not fair, Boozer what is wrong with you? And as in my previous post, Boozer, did you not notice that the defense gave up 10 points? How can you blame Chad, he didn't miss that tackle or fail to recover that onside kick. If it wasn't for those bad plays, this game would have gone into OT. Chad is surrounded by idiots.

:rolleyes:

really?? That's what REALLY killed us?? You're right, it couldn't have been the aweful pass right to Urlacher in the end zone or the floating lob to Vasher when we were driving. Those were mere flesh wounds. Clearly Brick and Mangold's false starts were the fatal blow

THAT BULLSHYT REVERSE CALL WAS A BIG SWING IN MOMENTUM..THEN MANGINI WITH THAT AWFUL CALL FOR A ONSIDER IS WHAT KILLED US...YOUR SITTING THERE BASHING CHAD BUT GROSSMAN HAD A MONSTER GAME:rolleyes:

Yes, you're right. Obviously if not for thos FS, Pennington would have thrown for 5 more TDs. Stop blaming Chad, it's not fair, Boozer what is wrong with you? And as in my previous post, Boozer, did you not notice that the defense gave up 10 points? How can you blame Chad, he didn't miss that tackle or fail to recover that onside kick. If it wasn't for those bad plays, this game would have gone into OT. Chad is surrounded by idiots.

THERES DEF SOMETHING WRONG WITH BOOZER..

The bottom line, if JP Losman was on this team instead of Chad you can make the same argument that he gives us the best chance to win. Does that mean you'd be content with JP Losman as the QB for the Jets??

o yea and one more thing we played the BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE TODAY...jesus chad was moving the offense nicely in the first half but made mistakes it happens to the best of them did you see what happened to one of the best qb"s in the league tha last two weeks(brady)relax dude..

The bottom line, if JP Losman was on this team instead of Chad you can make the same argument that he gives us the best chance to win. Does that mean you'd be content with JP Losman as the QB for the Jets??

Boozer, Chad won this team 5 games, all by himself. How can you want to replace him? Also Losman is not on the roster. Chad gives the Jets the best chance to win on this roster, because everyone else is on the bench. Actually, **** that, Chad gives the Jets the best chance to win of all NFL QBs, since the rest of them wouldn't be allowed to start either.

The sooner some of you understand that the element of Bad Officiating is as much a part of NFL Football as the weather, wind, and bad luck the better. The NFL has crappy refs, has had crappy refs and will continue to have crappy refs until our grandchildren pass.

Please for the love of god, enough about the refs. NFL Refs suck ass and have screwed every one of the 32 teams over at some point, probably costing them games, playoff wins and who knows, titles.

Today's loss goes way beyond the refs.

If the defense continues to play like this, this is a playoff team. Only with CP as the QB. No other QB on this roster gives the Jets a chance to make the playoffs. And from what I understand winning games and making the playoffs is a good thing. An unproven rookie and a proven loser do not give us that chance, game in and game out.

I am a huge Chad supporter, but he **** the bed today. Passes were sailing over receivers heads, not even close, especially on the sideline out patterns. That also had to be one of the worst 2 minute drives I have ever seen, truly pathetic. I am not a Chad hater, but let's call it as it is. He was horrible. I feel sorry for the defense, great effort with the exception of the one bungled play by Coleman.

I agree, how dare we expect our QB to at least put up 3 points on the best D in the league. You're right.

They've never given up any points before, ever. And how can you expect a rookie QB to do anything against a defense like this? Even God Leinart failed miserably! And he's absolutely destroyed every other team he has faces, such as the Oakland Raiders.

lol you got to be kidding me..are u serious do you think that the patfans are bashing gay brady for those two games in a row he played like ****...

Are you seriously trying to compare Pennington to Brady? Given the accomplishment sthat Brafdy has, I think a 2 game schnide is acceptable. Wait, a 3 season career where you miss more than half the games, can't make about 1/3rd of the throws you'd expect from an average NFL QB, and have a QB rating of 77 with a negative TD/INT ratio through 10 games is perfectly comparable. Great analogy!! You're awesome, I've seen the light!!

The only thing wrong with Mangini's decision on that play was he must have had the belief that Chad could at least muster 3 points on O, because he certainly felt his D would hold CHI to 3 points. He was right. That play did nothing to change momentum. Chad's floater did. The TD finally but the nail in the coffin. You're right, Coach should take the blame for actually believing in Chad.

Sorry but did you just blame Chad Pennington for the onside kick?

If we were going to win this game then it was always going to be close.We had the better of the 1st half,the bears had done nothing all game while we at least were moving the ball.We would of had other chances to score and we wouldn't of needed many.Instead we gave them 3 points,momentum and their offense a spark.The game would of been closer if we kicked it off normaly.This wasnt like the colts game where we needed as many points as possible and to keep the ball out of Mannings hands.It was a horrible decision,just as bad as Chad's 1st pick.

Chad deserves the most of the blame but not all of it,Mangini andDrew Coleman deserve criticism as well.

Are you seriously trying to compare Pennington to Brady? Given the accomplishment sthat Brafdy has, I think a 2 game schnide is acceptable. Wait, a 3 season career where you miss more than half the games, can't make about 1/3rd of the throws you'd expect from an average NFL QB, and have a QB rating of 77 with a negative TD/INT ratio through 10 games is perfectly comparable. Great analogy!! You're awesome, I've seen the light!!

That and even in this "slide" he's put up more points in each of those games than I think Pennington has in all his bad games put together.

I am a huge Chad supporter, but he **** the bed today. Passes were sailing over receivers heads, not even close, especially on the sideline out patterns. That also had to be one of the worst 2 minute drives I have ever seen, truly pathetic. I am not a Chad hater, but let's call it as it is. He was horrible. I feel sorry for the defense, great effort with the exception of the one bungled play by Coleman.

true but not all true the first half chad was driving us then that big mistake when he had coles wideopen..but that onsider looked like it tured the game around..the whole game was all defenses and playing feild position i dont know what the fuk mangini was thinking..

boozer ur def living up to your screename but i think you need aa..all i know is it was a game of field position and that onsider is what fuked us real good big momentum swinger..

true but not all true the first half chad was driving us then that big mistake when he had coles wideopen..but that onsider looked like it tured the game around..the whole game was all defenses and playing feild position i dont know what the fuk mangini was thinking..

Right after CHI made the FG we proceeded to drive right back down the field into FG range until Chad decided to throw one straight up in the air to Vasher. THAT changed to copurse of the game, not the onside kick.

I agree. I love what Mangini is doing here, but that was not the time foe the onsides kick. Not in this kind of game, when Chicago had done squat offensively.

I agree. I love what Mangini is doing here, but that was not the time foe the onsides kick. Not in this kind of game, when Chicago had done squat offensively.

You're right, let's fire Mangini. Enough of these mistakes. The defense has been awful because of the 3-4, and Mangini's insistance on sticking with it. And now because of all of Mangini's ****ty decisions on offense, poor Chad Pennington is facing criticism. Clearly the fault rests on Mangini and the refs. If not for those two obstacles Chad would win SBs left and right.

Right after CHI made the FG we proceeded to drive right back down the field into FG range until Chad decided to throw one straight up in the air to Vasher. THAT changed to copurse of the game, not the onside kick.

i cant even answer this.its great that you keep saying this is all on chad but did you see grossman he passed for minus one in the first half..minus one..your gonna tell me you dont kick it off normally and try and stop them and have them punt back to us..are you crazy dude...

You're right, let's fire Mangini. Enough of these mistakes. The defense has been awful because of the 3-4, and Mangini's insistance on sticking with it. And now because of all of Mangini's ****ty decisions on offense, poor Chad Pennington is facing criticism. Clearly the fault rests on Mangini and the refs. If not for those two obstacles Chad would win SBs left and right.

dude nobodys saying it isnt chads fault but you cant put all the blame on him...

Do you see something in my post that I don't? If you think that I inferred anything remotely close to what you posted, you need to take a reading comprehension class.

Do you see something in my post that I don't? If you think that I inferred anything remotely close to what you posted, you need to take a reading comprehension class.

Wait, so if it's not Chads fault, not the refs fault, and not Mangini's fault, who are we supposed to blame? I demand a scapegoat. Please direct me towards the proper blame for this loss.

Archived