Texans Fan Here!

V Man

Glad to have you here.

You guys have been coming along really well lately. One of my pet peeves is the media overhyping players and making decisions for football experts, so when the Texans picked Mario Williams I actually thought it'd probably be a good pick. He's coming along now and making the Texans look a lot smarter than the usual media circus, but you'll never see anyone admit that. You won't here the Bush fans say it either.

Carr has seemingly had some time this year and done well. Andre Johnson is a freak. Should be an interesting game.

Here to wish you good luck in this week's game.

Glad to see the success the Jets are having this year. Your new head coach seems to being a great job.

What is the weather outlook for this Sunday.

Welcome mate.

The Jets fans are a little pissed about Sunday. Give them a few days to regroup and they will be fine.

Welcome mate.

The Jets fans are a little pissed about Sunday. Give them a few days to regroup and they will be fine.

Well there are a few Texans fans looking for strudy shower rods after Price's :09 seconds left catch in last Sunday's game. They should be off of suicide watch by Wednesday, and hopefully more will come over here.

Well there are a few Texans fans looking for strudy shower rods after Price's :09 seconds left catch in last Sunday's game. They should be off of suicide watch by Wednesday, and hopefully more will come over here.

Not to rub slat in the wound, but how did that happen? JP Losman is no Chad Pennigton!

Not to rub slat in the wound, but how did that happen? JP Losman is no Chad Pennigton!

Where to start.

The terrible play calling to try to run out the clock.

The terrible 35 yard punt that gave the Bills the ball on their 45.

The prevent defense that let the Bills march down the field easily in the last 1:35 (they didn't even really have to use their last timeout).

Take your pick.

Here to wish you good luck in this week's game.

Glad to see the success the Jets are having this year. Your new head coach seems to being a great job.

What is the weather outlook for this Sunday.

The Texans have fans?...

No in all seriousness, you seem like a cool guy. Looking forward to seeing more of you this week.

DORK!!!

welcome, when in Houston a few years back, all the Texan fans were friendly and hospitable. Hopefully we can repay the kindness here this week.

However, Sunday, all bets are off lol

Ignore all the patsie* fans here. They all think of themselves as comedians who missed the bus to Hollywood

Not to rub slat in the wound,!

DORK!!!

Ignore all the patsie* fans here. They all think of themselves as comedians who missed the bus to Hollywood

Must be a patsie thing then, I was wondering what slat was, :confused:

cause we always "rub salt in the wound".:box:

Hey, JP played really well, he had one bad INT that was returned for a TD, but he threw for a career high and Evans is just nasty. He took what the D gave him, and executed a perfect game winning drive. He'll need just as big of a game against the Jags on Sunday.

2 wins against the Jaguars???? Maybe the Texans should play Jacksonville every week. :wink:

That has been brought up on the Texans boards.

We're a schizoid team. We're making lots of improvement but just can't get the W's. At least we have more wins than we did last year. And we really look like a better team this year.

Going into the season, I thought we'd be winning this game against the Jets. I thought you guys were going to have chaos at QB and RB without Martin, but you guys are really playing hard. Now, I'm hoping for a win but I don't see how we're going to pull it out.

That has been brought up on the Texans boards.

We're a schizoid team. We're making lots of improvement but just can't get the W's. At least we have more wins than we did last year. And we really look like a better team this year.

Going into the season, I thought we'd be winning this game against the Jets. I thought you guys were going to have chaos at QB and RB without Martin, but you guys are really playing hard. Now, I'm hoping for a win but I don't see how we're going to pull it out.

How is the fan basew feeling about Mario Williams now-a-days? Bush is like the 5th or 6th best rookie in the league and only 2nd on his team...whats the scopp in H Town

How is the fan basew feeling about Mario Williams now-a-days? Bush is like the 5th or 6th best rookie in the league and only 2nd on his team...whats the scopp in H Town

IMO, he's just like the rest of the team at this point.....improving. I think a majority of the fanbase have come to realize the importance of choosing a defensive player instead of you know who. We still lack too much to overcome this year. Hopefully we'll win another game or two this season. I'm not sure we're going to be able to afford another top draft pick. lol. Good luck to y'all and look forward to some nice football talk this week.:)

Despite what you heard on the national media, there wasn't a huge Bush following in Houston. Personally, I wanted us to trade down with the Jets. I was hoping you guys would take Bush and then we'd either get Mario or D'Brick. But I was fine with Mario going first. Our defense last year was even worse than our offense.

And, I'm not a big Bush fan. I don't think his game is going to translate well to the NFL. He's the kind of runner that you have to feed the ball to and live with a bunch of negative plays before he finally busts a big one. It's hard to sustain drives like that. That was always my problem with Barry Sanders and Bush isn't Barry Sanders. :)

We've had a really good draft this year. Mario is looking good, although his feet are causing him problems now. Demeco is a stud at MLB. Spencer was our starting LT at the beginning of the season but had his leg broken. Winston is now moving into the line at RT. Owen Daniels at TE has been a huge surprise: 5 TD's so far. And Wali Lundy has been really productive for a late round RB. We're hoping for that kind of draft next year. :)

Despite what you heard on the national media, there wasn't a huge Bush following in Houston. Personally, I wanted us to trade down with the Jets. I was hoping you guys would take Bush and then we'd either get Mario or D'Brick. But I was fine with Mario going first. Our defense last year was even worse than our offense.

And, I'm not a big Bush fan. I don't think his game is going to translate well to the NFL. He's the kind of runner that you have to feed the ball to and live with a bunch of negative plays before he finally busts a big one. It's hard to sustain drives like that. That was always my problem with Barry Sanders and Bush isn't Barry Sanders. :)

We've had a really good draft this year. Mario is looking good, although his feet are causing him problems now. Demeco is a stud at MLB. Spencer was our starting LT at the beginning of the season but had his leg broken. Winston is now moving into the line at RT. Owen Daniels at TE has been a huge surprise: 5 TD's so far. And Wali Lundy has been really productive for a late round RB. We're hoping for that kind of draft next year. :)

sounds a lot likee us. we had a great draft this year.. we have 6 rookies either starting or in the rotation on a reg basis.

doesn't say much for our vets though does it ;)

we're hoping for another solid draft and are hopeful for 07

Bro that's your business . . . and there's nothing wrong with that.;)

Sorry, we must have made those jokes here for an entire month before the draft and I still don't get tired of it!

Seriously though, welcome to you guys and good luck this weekend. All of you seem like solid knowledgable football fans and I appreciate that. If anyone is in town for the game I will be in lot 16G all morning with my usual tailgate crew so stop by for a shot of dewars if you're in the area.

Bro that's your business . . . and there's nothing wrong with that.;)

Funny! I think what my colleague was trying to say is that we are not Reggie fans. A lot of that may be based on the fact the he sat quite a bit in a National Championship game against Texas in the Rose Bowl when the game was on the line....Kinda makes you scratch your head a bit...

We have been pleasantly surprised with our draft this year as y'all are with your draft.. Just goes to show you the TO network, I mean ESPN, and the pundits, dont know as much as they think they know.... Now the only problem with Mario Williams is that he has been battling plantar fasciitis.

Whats the story with Pennington? We don't get too much in depth coverage, but it seems like sometimes he is the cats a$$ and other times its like he's got a glass jaw. From my perspective, he seems to be doing just fine...

Last, I wanted to say that I got to meet several Jets fans whenever y'all were down here last time and everyone was very classy, very cool!

Funny! I think what my colleague was trying to say is that we are not Reggie fans. A lot of that may be based on the fact the he sat quite a bit in a National Championship game against Texas in the Rose Bowl when the game was on the line....Kinda makes you scratch your head a bit...

We have been pleasantly surprised with our draft this year as y'all are with your draft.. Just goes to show you the TO network, I mean ESPN, and the pundits, dont know as much as they think they know.... Now the only problem with Mario Williams is that he has been battling plantar fasciitis.

Whats the story with Pennington? We don't get too much in depth coverage, but it seems like sometimes he is the cats a$$ and other times its like he's got a glass jaw. From my perspective, he seems to be doing just fine...

Last, I wanted to say that I got to meet several Jets fans whenever y'all were down here last time and everyone was very classy, very cool!

Come on TB, I was just razzin'! I need to use that damn sarcastic button more often.

I do agree with you about the media not being all that when it comes to the draft, although I still think Bush is going to be a talent I just didn't see him fitting in with your squad.

As far as Pennington is concerned, your guess is as good as mine.

Come on TB, I was just razzin'! I need to use that damn sarcastic button more often.

I do agree with you about the media not being all that when it comes to the draft, although I still think Bush is going to be a talent I just didn't see him fitting in with your squad.

As far as Pennington is concerned, your guess is as good as mine.

I know you were just funnin' around... I really did think it was hillarious! "not that there's anything wrong with that"....

You're probably right about Bush, he will find his niche and become a star at it, just not here. The TO network, pisses me off to no end. They flip flop more than some politcal candidates. They were ALL hatin' on the Texans, now, they are starting to sing Mario's praises - whatever.

I really am looking forward to the game against the jets, only because I see two teams that no one really thinks much about, except the die hard fans of each that can see areas of improvemnent and the talent that is building.

On a side note: I wish y'all could rename the stadium for your home games. Just doesn't seem right. Any word on getting a new stadium?

Owen Daniels at TE has been a huge surprise: 5 TD's so far.

Welcome P-Neck and other Texan fans!

I follow Daniels stats as he's a hometown boy - played QB in H.S. and switched over to TE in college. Ironically we picked the TE (Pociask) that he split time with situationally at Wisconsin - but he's been on IR all year.

Owen is a good athlete with a great attitude, glad to see he's contributing for you. The Texan's are another program on the way up. Good luck on Sunday.

Welcome.

You guys made the right choice in going for Mario over Reggie Bush. Domanick Davis is a stud and when he's healthy next season he'll show once again that he is a quailty back.

Unfortunately, we don't think we will ever see DD back in a Texans uniform... Word is that he may never make it back period.

Welcome.

You guys made the right choice in going for Mario over Reggie Bush.

Hey guys, another Texans fan here ! Congrats on a very good season for your rookie HC

and your team ! Lets all hope for a good game Sunday, and lets hope the refs let them play, and most of all - lets hope nobody for either team gets injured ?

I'm confidant the Texans made the right decision by passing on Bush, since there were

atleast 2, maybe 3 other players taken in the first round who will be better running backs

than Bush. If Bush succeeds and maybe even excels in the NFL, it will be as a WR and not a running back.

But I'm not sure about our decision to go with Mario ? We would have been better off trading the pick for multiple picks because we need help, lots and lots of help.

Question. Was there any talk about the Jets trading down and get Bush or Leinert ? And

not just trading with the Texans, but any talk of a trade with the Saints for their #2 ?

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, another Texans fan here ! Congrats on a very good season for your rookie HC

and your team ! Lets all hope for a good game Sunday, and lets hope the refs let them play, and most of all - lets hope nobody for either team gets injured ?

I'm confidant the Texans made the right decision by passing on Bush, since there were

atleast 2, maybe 3 other players taken in the first round who will be better running backs

than Bush. If Bush succeeds and maybe even excels in the NFL, it will be as a WR and not a running back.

But I'm not sure about our decision to go with Mario ? We would have been better off trading the pick for multiple picks because we need help, lots and lots of help.

Question. Was there any talk about the Jets trading down and get Bush or Leinert ? And

not just trading with the Texans, but any talk of a trade with the Saints for their #2 ?

The Jets made small efforts to try to trade up to 2 for Bush (we offered our 2 1st round picks and our 2nd rounder but the Saints wanted at least another 1st round pick) and then after selecting D'Brick and Leinart fell 9 to Detroit they tried to trade their other 1st round pick with their 2nd round pick to get Leinart. However, the Lions wanted another 1st round pick and the Jets wouldn't budge.

The Jets made small efforts to try to trade up to 2 for Bush (we offered our 2 1st round picks and our 2nd rounder but the Saints wanted at least another 1st round pick)

That's fascinating because the Texans front office claimed they shopped their pick around,

but nobody would deal with them ? Obviously, if the Jets would have made that deal with

the Saints for their two first round picks and their 2nd round pick, the deal should have also been there for the Texans.

Is this deal the Jets proposed to the Saints for Bush really pretty well known in your parts, or something that you heard from a marginal source, but believe to be valid ?

That's fascinating because the Texans front office claimed they shopped their pick around,

but nobody would deal with them ? Obviously, if the Jets would have made that deal with

the Saints for their two first round picks and their 2nd round pick, the deal should have also been there for the Texans.

Is this deal the Jets proposed to the Saints for Bush really pretty well known in your parts, or something that you heard from a marginal source, but believe to be valid ?

It's pretty well known. Was announced by many. The Leinart deal was more open though.