Bradway on the Fan @ 530

DireJet38

I was listening to WFAN some on my drive home from Boston after the interview (or after a press release from Bradway or something).

Mike and Dog were talking about how Jolley couldn't break tackles or block worth a ****, and then they said that Bradway had said that Jolley is a good all around tight end who's a very good blocker.

Ordinarily I'd call him a lying, self-justifying weasel.

With Bradway though, the sad thing for you guys is that he's probably being sincere.

Actually Mike and Dog like Jolley in our offense for whatever that is worth.

Bradway said in the Jets opinion Jolley rated higher than the other TE's in the draft.

Bradway also said that Abe can't be traded as he hasn't signed the Franchise Tag tendor.

Also said Jets would be ready to trade picks to re-enter rd 1 of the draft if they saw a player slide that they target.

Actually Mike and Dog like Jolley in our offense for whatever that is worth.

Bradway said in the Jets opinion Jolley rated higher than the other TE's in the draft.

Bradway also said that Abe can't be traded as he hasn't signed the Franchise Tag tendor.

Also said Jets would be ready to trade picks to re-enter rd 1 of the draft if they saw a player slide that they target.

Then why the **** didn't they wait until draft day to trade down?

That statement right there lets you know just how incompetent Bradway is.

I'm sure Al Davis would have still jumped at the chance to pull this heist had it been proposed to him while the Jets were OTC.

Then why the F#ck didn't they wait until draft day to trade down?

That statement right there lets you know just how incompetent Bradway is.

I'm sure Al Davis would have still jumped at the chance to pull this heist had it been proposed to him while the Jets were OTC.

yeah, that is unless the guy they covet is not there

He also said Oakland would not part with Jolley when talking trade for LJ last off season.

that says alot considering how bad they wanted LJ, listen to teh fans on teh mess boards they are the ones who know about the player and none are happy about losing Jolley although they admit their offense didnt fit his style and he was being handcuffed there they are sad to see him go

taht tells me alot

From a Oakland Standpoint they Drafted Jolley

in the 2nd rd and 3 yr's later got a late first

for him..Giving up a second rounder in the Deal

and 2 6's??

The Jets got Jordan in the second rd

and 4 years later got Nothing for him!! You

have to get up early in the Morning to beat the

Jets!!! :wink:

and 2 6's??

so following that logic we should have traded Jordan last offseason for the 3rd rounder Qakland offered for him right??? at least its better than nothing we got this year, huh?

so following that logic we should have traded Jordan last offseason for the 3rd rounder Qakland offered for him right??? at least its better than nothing we got this year, huh?

If Terry Bradway was the Raiders GM a year ago, we'd have traded them Jordan for two firsts.

and 2 6's??

:lol::lol::lol: Post of the DAY!

I was listening to WFAN some on my drive home from Boston after the interview (or after a press release from Bradway or something).

Mike and Dog were talking about how Jolley couldn't break tackles or block worth a ****, and then they said that Bradway had said that Jolley is a good all around tight end who's a very good blocker.

Ordinarily I'd call him a lying, self-justifying weasel.

With Bradway though, the sad thing for you guys is that he's probably being sincere.

Nice negative spin towards the team you hate RS.

How surprising that you left out that both Mike and The Mad Dog liked the trade. How shocking that you left out that they said Jolley was a perfect fit for The Jets.

How amazing that you left out that Chris Russo said that Doug Jolley is perfect for Pennington and could catch 70 balls and Fransecsa agreed.

Let's leave that out, So they we can pick on The Jets and rile up their stupid negative fan base.

Nice negative spin towards the team you hate RS.

How surprising that you left out that both Mike and The Mad Dog liked the trade. How shocking that you left out that they said Jolley was a perfect fit for The Jets.

How amazing that you left out that Chris Russo said that Doug Jolley is perfect for Pennington and could catch 70 balls and Fransecsa agreed.

Let's leave that out, So they we can pick on The Jets and rile up their stupid negative fan base.

I wasn't intentionally leaving those out and didn't mean to suggest that either guy hated the trade--- they both said Jolley can't break tackles or block, but they loved the trade because they believe Jolley + Pennington is an obvious winner.

I'm not sure when Doug Jolley became the poor mans Antonio Gates, but simply put I think M & MD are wrong on this one, and I did NOT mean to cite their opinion so much as to cite Bradways. Jolleys lack of blocking is a consensus, I don't need Russo or Francesca to tell me that. I wanted to point out that I honestly think that Bradway may NOT just be defending himself when he talks up Jolley's blocking.

I think this trade was a bad one by the Jets. They could hit with the 2nd rounder they got and Jolley could catch 450 yards worth of passes next year (70 catches seems a bit much, JMO) and it ends up looking like roses.... but until proven otherwise a bad trade is a bad trade (this for the Jets) just like until proven otherwise a good trade is a good trade (this for the Raiders).

I wasn't intentionally leaving those out and didn't mean to suggest that either guy hated the trade--- they both said Jolley can't break tackles or block, but they loved the trade because they believe Jolley + Pennington is an obvious winner.

I'm not sure when Doug Jolley became the poor mans Antonio Gates, but simply put I think M & MD are wrong on this one, and I did NOT mean to cite their opinion so much as to cite Bradways. Jolleys lack of blocking is a consensus, I don't need Russo or Francesca to tell me that. I wanted to point out that I honestly think that Bradway may NOT just be defending himself when he talks up Jolley's blocking.

I think this trade was a bad one by the Jets. They could hit with the 2nd rounder they got and Jolley could catch 450 yards worth of passes next year (70 catches seems a bit much, JMO) and it ends up looking like roses.... but until proven otherwise a bad trade is a bad trade (this for the Jets) just like until proven otherwise a good trade is a good trade (this for the Raiders).

Look at this way, The Colts at 30 last year traded down to the 2nd and got a 4th rounder.

The Jets just got two 2nd rounders, #47 and Doug Jolley and they got two 6th round picks.

Now show me the team this weekend that trades down from the late stages of the first into the 2nd round and gets 2 2nd's and two 6's.

If Doug Jolley was in this draft, he'd be no worse than a 3rd round pick and his athletic numbers are better than heath miller and alex smith. Jolley is a 2nd round pick.

I think The Jets could have gotten more but I am not swinging to the hysterical side that keeps thinking that we traded our #1 for just a starting TE. Those are not the facts.

The Jets traded down, That's what they did.

Look at this way, The Colts at 30 last year traded down to the 2nd and got a 4th rounder.

The Jets just got two 2nd rounders, #47 and Doug Jolley and they got two 6th round picks.

Now show me the team this weekend that trades down from the late stages of the first into the 2nd round and gets 2 2nd's and two 6's.

If Doug Jolley was in this draft, he'd be no worse than a 3rd round pick and his athletic numbers are better than heath miller and alex smith. Jolley is a 2nd round pick.

I think The Jets could have gotten more but I am not swinging to the hysterical side that keeps thinking that we traded our #1 for just a starting TE. Those are not the facts.

The Jets traded down, That's what they did.

I agree that the Jets traded down, but they traded down 21 spots and sent a 7th for Jolley and two 6ths. That is IT.

As for Indy

9. Indianapolis traded its first- (No. 29) and third-round (No. 90) picks to Atlanta for the Falcons' second- (No. 38), third- (No. 69) and fourth-round (No. 125) picks.

11. Indianapolis traded its second-round (No. 38) pick to Pittsburgh for the Steelers' second- (No. 44) and fourth-round (No. 107) picks.

So Indy traded

FOR

They traded down 15 spots (less than the Jets who moved down 21 spots from a higher pick), got to move up 21 spots in the 3rd round, and added two 4ths.

That's complete and absolute BS and you should know better.

So the Jets traded from the first to the 2nd, picked up two 2nds and two 6ths?

So that's 3 2nds?

Call a spade a spade, YJF. They traded down 21 spots from #26, sent a 7th, and in return got Jolley and two 6ths.

Archived