Texans fans: Mario Williams?

nj meadowlands

I second with 80.

I thought that going with either Mario or Brick at 1 would be the 2 smart choices for you guys and going with Reggie would've been stupid with Domanick Davis already back there in the backfield. Just because he's hurt this season doesn't mean he doesn't have another 8, 9 good years ahead of him like his first couple.

since no texans fans have replied yet, lets look at it from a jets stand point. had brick and mario both been there who would you have taken. looking at the year both of them are having so far.

Sorry, I didn't catch the thread..

Anyway, I am glad we took Mario over Reggie, BUT I would have loved to have gotten Brick... But then again, I wanted Julius Peppers over David Carr..... Go figure.

Sorry, I didn't catch the thread..

Anyway, I am glad we took Mario over Reggie, BUT I would have loved to have gotten Brick... But then again, I wanted Julius Peppers over David Carr..... Go figure.

Carr's played well this season (only 6 INT's I think?) and that is mainly because the offensive line has played it's best since he came to Houston. The better the line gets and the return of Domanick Davis next season, the better Carr will become. He's a good quarterback, I honestly think you guys are better off with him.

Carr's played well this season (only 6 INT's I think?) and that is mainly because the offensive line has played it's best since he came to Houston. The better the line gets and the return of Domanick Davis next season, the better Carr will become. He's a good quarterback, I honestly think you guys are better off with him.

By no means am I a Carr basher... I'm just more of a defensive guy and would have loved for us to build that first. Thats one of the reasons that I'm okay with the Williams pick...

A lot of people bash Carr down here, mostly because they are homers and wanted the home boy Vince Young... Which in MHO would have been a horrible pick for us... I am almost dreading going to the Tennessee game in a couple of weeks. Every time Carr comes on the field he will get booed and VY will get wild ovations. It will make me sick or depending on how many adult beverages I have, I may be downright awnry!!

Unfortunately, I think we have seen the last of DD. There is talk in and around the Texans organization, that he won't ever make it back...

Carr is having a much better season this year than last, but last year was a disastor.

Much of his improvement has to be credited to rookie coach Gary Kubiak, who was

Shanahan's OC up in Denver for many years before comeing to Houston.

So he is an offensive coach, unlike the last HC, who runs the WCO and that's a good fit

for Carr because he's athletic and can run.

Dom Davis's career may be over, because he's got some serious knee problems that may

be far more than just season ending.

Kubiak thinks capable running backs aren't rare talents, but commodities that can be routinely picked up on Sundays of an NFL Draft instead of using first day picks, and I think its possible he might be right ?

Im very glad as a texans fan that we passed on reggie bust. Mario shows flashes of absolute dominance...and with technique and training we feel will be a bona fide pass rusher in the nfl. He already holds our rookie sack record. As for reggie....he well sucks. Unfortunately for us, Dominack Davis will probably never play another down in the nfl. I would be very very suprised if he ever suited up again. I personally wanted vince young, and am not the biggest david carr fan in the world, but its hard to screw up 3 and 5 yard pass routes in the nfl. David carr doesn't throw downfield, whether by offensive design or inability to read coverage. Expect stats like....19 for 22, 115 yards, no tds, no int's. Our defense is vastly improved, and has been top 5 over the past few weeks, save buffalo. The offense wont be able to generate much as usual, but our defense will keep it close.

any other questions/issues i can address?

Reggie Bush is AWFUL. Seriously, he is one of the ****tiest RBs in the league. Unless he drastically changes his playing style, he will be one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Hit the FN hole and quit dancing, you are NOT Barry Sanders.

Williams is a beast. Smart move by Charley Casserole.

Reggie Bush is AWFUL. Seriously, he is one of the ****tiest RBs in the league. Unless he drastically changes his playing style, he will be one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Hit the FN hole and quit dancing, you are NOT Barry Sanders.

It's the least he could have done for us right before getting fired and leaving us in a sh*tty situation from his picks the previous four years. Thar sorry SOB. Go back to the Deadskins.

Some people want to give him credit for Andre Johnson... Are you kidding me? That was a no brainer.

Actually some folks around the organization beleive that Caserole really wasn't that involved with the Williams pick as he claims on CBS. Some people are suggesting that Dan Reeves, and the Owner were mor involved with the pick..

Are YOU freaking NUTS???!!!!!!!....or are you just kidding. Reggie Bush is a freak of nature. He makes you blink twice.....and he's just a rookie!!!

Mario Williams hasn't done ****. FACT! He's shown zero promise. You wanna know how I know? I have him in fantasy football!!!!!!!!!!!! I picked him up in a late round and thought he was a steal. That move by the Texans was UNARGUABLY the most stupid move in the history ofnot only football, but all of sports. Styupid stupid stupid. And they actually pay people 6 and 7 figures to figure this shizzle out????? I'll never understand.

In TEN games, this clown has 28 tackles (a lousy player makes 2.8 tackles per game, by accident), 4.5 sacks (WOW!!!! As someone said, this guy is a BEAST!!!!), ZERO forced fumbles and ZERO Int's. Granted, stats don't tel the whole game, but fact is, this guy is nothing. A 6th rounder playing for league minimum could do the same, if not better. I'm right and whoever disagrees is wrong......period.

I'm not going to call Mario a beast but he has shown some flashes of thing to come the real good pick for the Texans was Demeco Ryans, now that guy is a beast. He has been playing real well this season and is already the leader of that Texan defense

Are YOU freaking NUTS???!!!!!!!....or are you just kidding. Reggie Bush is a freak of nature. He makes you blink twice.....and he's just a rookie!!!

Mario Williams hasn't done ****. FACT! He's shown zero promise. You wanna know how I know? I have him in fantasy football!!!!!!!!!!!! I picked him up in a late round and thought he was a steal. That move by the Texans was UNARGUABLY the most stupid move in the history ofnot only football, but all of sports. Styupid stupid stupid. And they actually pay people 6 and 7 figures to figure this shizzle out????? I'll never understand.

In TEN games, this clown has 28 tackles (a lousy player makes 2.8 tackles per game, by accident), 4.5 sacks (WOW!!!! As someone said, this guy is a BEAST!!!!), ZERO forced fumbles and ZERO Int's. Granted, stats don't tel the whole game, but fact is, this guy is nothing. A 6th rounder playing for league minimum could do the same, if not better. I'm right and whoever disagrees is wrong......period.

Good to see you are still as delusional as ever.

Mario Williams has 4.5 sacks this season. He's not setting the world on fire, but he has shown flashes of dominance, particularly in the Giants game. Oh, and I seem to remember Mario playing a small role in beating a certain over-rated team that wears teal uniforms.

As for the Second Coming of Christ, he is averaging an earth shattering 3 yards per carry. Wasn't he supposed to be the biggest home run threat to hit the league since Marshall Faulk? The longest run of his career is 18 yards. EIGHTEEN! I think Aaron Brooks had a longer run last week. In fact, I know he did. One TD from scrimmage in 10 games. And on a trick play, nonetheless. His other TD was a punt return that had PERFECT blocking. Any PR in the league would have scored on that play.

Reggie Bush has done NOTHING in the pros to warrant the hype. Your post is a joke.

Glad to see you could join us, Mrs (or Mr) Bush!

BTW, Wali Lundy (our 6th rounder) is having a better year than Reggie.

Mario Williams will be one of the top DEs in this league for many years to come barring his foot problems degenerating into something crippling. This is a guy that will be a beast against the run and pass. Against the Giants he had a series of three plays in a row where he singlehandedly blew up a Giants drive. He's not as quick as Julius Peppers but he's far stronger and holds better against the run. He's still young and making plenty of mistakes but wait till next year and you'll start seeing the next Strahan

Are you guys satisfied with picking Mario #1 overall? Regretful you didn't take Reggie?

I personally think it was a good move and Mario is quickly developing into a beast

I think the majority hear in Houston are satisfied with Mario.............I am. He will be around a long time. He started out slow but improves weekly.

The entire '06 draft class is great.

Mario, Demeco Ryans, Owen Daniels and Wali Lundy, they are all performing well.

In general, Kubiak's Texans are slow coming out of the gate.............but keep watchin' them. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Wow, I didn't realize how poorly Reggie was playing. 3.0 YPC? Now THAT is something that an UDFA can do.

And we got KILLED by so many people for "stupidly" not trading up to get him:

1(4) = D'Brick

1(29) = Mangold

2(3) = Clemens + 2007 #2 pick from Washington which should be a top-40 pick

$15M more cap space

or

1(2) = Reggie Bush

And Adrian Jones & Norm Katnik would be our left tackle & center - or Kendall would be our center & Katnik or some other scrub would be playing left guard.

Yikes.

And we got KILLED by so many people for "stupidly" not trading up to get him:

1(4) = D'Brick

1(29) = Mangold

2(3) = Clemens + 2007 #2 pick from Washington which should be a top-40 pick

$15M more cap space

or

1(2) = Reggie Bush

And Adrian Jones & Norm Katnik would be our left tackle & center - or Kendall would be our center & Katnik or some other scrub would be playing left guard.

Yikes.

haha remember all that ridiculous talk of AJ being good enough, and LTs taking a few years to develop? Yeah, uh, what happened to that exactly? Just goes to show you that most of the people passionately defending Jets players generally aren't worth listening to.

Mario will be a fantastic player in this league for years to come.

I don't care how talented Bush is, good RB's are a dime a dozen, it's EXTREMELY hard to find guys on the defensive side of the ball with the size and talent of Williams.

Mario is 6'7 291, runs a 4.5 forty, and has great strength. IMO he's more of a physical freak than Reggie Bush.

The Texans absolutely made the right choice.

haha remember all that ridiculous talk of AJ being good enough, and LTs taking a few years to develop? Yeah, uh, what happened to that exactly? Just goes to show you that most of the people passionately defending Jets players generally aren't worth listening to.

It's still not who I would've taken at #4 since the 2006 draft was hardly devoid of guys with left-tackle talent (it wasn't D'Brick...and then everybody else). But D'Brick is going to make left tackle the last position we worry about for 10 years. Also, I can't get too upset over a premiere prospect at a position of great need.

I can't wait to see how he plays in 2007 after 16 games of NFL experience and after going through a full NFL strength/conditioning program in the spring.

I never saw much in him, but there was reason to think he'd continue improving. AJ was a college TE that switched over senior year. You'd think a guy like that would at least continue to improve as an OT. If anything he seems worse now than last year. Of course, the same can be said of Wade Smith. Another bust converted TE we got for nothing from Miami. Weird thing is they still list Jones at OT, but Smith at OG. If you believe the rosters they are the same height, but Smith has 20 lbs on AJ. I figured the big body would be at tackle.

I never saw much in him, but there was reason to think he'd continue improving. AJ was a college TE that switched over senior year. You'd think a guy like that would at least continue to improve as an OT. If anything he seems worse now than last year. Of course, the same can be said of Wade Smith. Another bust converted TE we got for nothing from Miami. Weird thing is they still list Jones at OT, but Smith at OG. If you believe the rosters they are the same height, but Smith has 20 lbs on AJ. I figured the big body would be at tackle.

Anyone who speaks highly of Mario Williams is smoking crack, along with the Texan's management. $50 MILLUION DOLLARS before draft day for this clown??!!!!! FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS??!!!! The guy and his family may be great sales people, but a great football player Mario is not. You clowns (Jets) won today so you're feeling generous and all, but c'mon, what the hell did Mario do??? What did he do???? I'll tell you what he did...he had ONE SOLO TACKLE AND 2 ASSISTED TACKLES!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a usual Sunday for him. This guy SURE is a beast. ,...and at 50 mill, the best bargain EVER in the history of sports. As usual, I'm right and you're wrong. I'm always right and I am NEVER wrong.

Anyone who speaks highly of Mario Williams is smoking crack, along with the Texan's management. $50 MILLUION DOLLARS before draft day for this clown??!!!!! FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS??!!!! The guy and his family may be great sales people, but a great football player Mario is not. You clowns (Jets) won today so you're feeling generous and all, but c'mon, what the hell did Mario do??? What did he do???? I'll tell you what he did...he had ONE SOLO TACKLE AND 2 ASSISTED TACKLES!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a usual Sunday for him. This guy SURE is a beast. ,...and at 50 mill, the best bargain EVER in the history of sports. As usual, I'm right and you're wrong. I'm always right and I am NEVER wrong.

Vince Young would have been the right pick for the Texans. Anyone who watched the Giants game today and isn't a stubborn ignoramus would know that. The entire city of Houston wanted Young and David Carr is nothing special.

Carr had something like a $6 million roster bonus this season that the Texans could have saved towards the cap if they had cut him.

Texans Vince Young Scenario would have played out like this:

Vince Young + $6 million in cap space.

Mario is a good talent but no way should he have been the number 1 pick. Frickin Mark Anderson is doing better than him.

Vince Young would have been the right pick for the Texans. Anyone who watched the Giants game today and isn't a stubborn ignoramus would know that. The entire city of Houston wanted Young and David Carr is nothing special.

Carr had something like a $6 million roster bonus this season that the Texans could have saved towards the cap if they had cut him.

Texans Vince Young Scenario would have played out like this:

Vince Young + $6 million in cap space.

Mario is a good talent but no way should he have been the number 1 pick. Frickin Mark Anderson is doing better than him.

Not entirely sure that Young is going to be great, but he's already special. The run he made on the desperation 4th & 10 tonight was a play I'm not sure any other QB makes. Yes, the BC DL guy Kiwaktuka eased up for some strange reason, but most QBs take the sack and call it a game. Young not only breaks the tackle but goes for the 1st down and then some. Coughlin loses it on the sideline in a manner I've never seen any NFL HC do on a single down. That play was the difference between an historic comeback and a loss.

I'm totally happy with the Jets draft. Schlegel even got in on defense and had a ST tackle.

Not entirely sure that Young is going to be great, but he's already special. The run he made on the desperation 4th & 10 tonight was a play I'm not sure any other QB makes. Yes, the BC DL guy Kiwaktuka eased up for some strange reason, but most QBs take the sack and call it a game. Young not only breaks the tackle but goes for the 1st down and then some. Coughlin loses it on the sideline in a manner I've never seen any NFL HC do on a single down. That play was the difference between an historic comeback and a loss.

I'm totally happy with the Jets draft. Schlegel even got in on defense and had a ST tackle.

breaks the tackle? LOL. cmon, kiwi let go thinking either vince threw the ball or the referees were gonna blow the whistle because he had him wrapped up. The new rules and the stupid RTP penaltys may have caused this to happen, as some at ji have discussed.

Vince Young sucks, but I'm not gonna get into this arguement again. He has sparked his team, but his play has been pretty damn sh#tty. 45% comp percentage, 6 TDs 8 Ints. LOL.

Vince Young sucks, but I'm not gonna get into this arguement again. He has sparked his team, but his play has been pretty damn sh#tty.

You dumb dooshy, you sound like Troll.

The #1 job of a QB is to win football games.

Vince Young is now 4-2 as a starting QB in the NFL.

What's Matt Lienart's record?

You dumb dooshy, you sound like Troll.

The #1 job of a QB is to win football games.

Vince Young is now 4-2 as a starting QB in the NFL.

What's Matt Lienart's record?

That is THE dumbest argument you consistently make.

Under 50% completion percentage. That is completely pathetic. Does it ever occur to you that a QB that came in and completed 65% of his passes would be helping his team more than a guy that completes 45%? Just because Mr. 45s team happens to win does NOT make him a good QB.

Kyle Orton > pretty much every QB in the league, according to your ass backwards logic.

Vince Young is 4-2 and has a better winning percentage than PennyBoyWonder this year.

Troll, what's more important?

Stats or wins?

Case closed.

Give me an effin' break.

So, if a QB completes 3 of 15 passes for 25 yards with 3 interceptions, and his RB rushes for 200 yards and 3 TDs, if the team wins, the guy is a good QB? That is fantastic logic. No way they would have ever won without that great QB. Had absolutely nothing to do with the team around him.

So, Vince Young is 4-2. Great, good for him. Maybe if he was more efficient, they'd be 6-0.

BTW, Chad Pennington has a winning record in his career as a starter. Is he a great QB too?

Archived