Bradway reverting to his old sucker ways?

Green Jets & Ham

NEW YORK TIMES

The following is an excerpt from a NY Times column on the proposed Moss for Coles swap

Several broadcast reports Friday indicated that receiver Santana Moss might be sent to the Redskins in exchange for Coles, who played his first three season with the Jets.

People close to the talks said that the inclusion of Moss in the deal was far from final and that the Jets might offer another player or a draft pick or a package including both

I hated this trade when it was simply Moss for Coles ... not because I'm any big Santana Moss fan {I'M NOT}, but I just don't see the logic in trading for someone elses damaged goods ... so you can only imagine how I feel after reading it will likely cost EVEN MORE than Santana Moss <ahttp://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/emoticons/default_eusa_wall.gif' alt=](*,)'>

Lastly, I have literally been trying to rack my brain for two days to think of JUST ONE instance where a GM traded for a player with a known chronic condition, and one so troublesome that his former team all but begged the player to have it addressed surgically? {which the player refused}

I cannot recall even one similar instance in 30+ Years of observing football ... I really can't

where did you get that from......i havent heard that at all....

i think its a good think HAM....moss wouldnt have been back next year anyway....and his agent has been a d!ck about gettin a BIG contract for him...coles and chad is much better than moss and chad....even with a bad toe....im sure the jets arent stupid enough to do this with out checkin the toe first....

Ham...I wonder how much Dinger is driving this process? Did he tell them that he has no use for Moss?

I think Moss is way too soft for Dinger. The Titans receivers were small but tough. Moss doesn't fit that description.

Regardless your point is a good one. Why give up another player as well. That is a bit crazy.

The idea of the Jets adding Coles to Moss and McCareins--- even with Coles' iffy foot--- scared me a bit.

The idea of the Jets trading Moss for Coles with that iffy foot doesn't scare me at all and actually makes me smile a little.

The idea of the Jets including something else makes me laugh.

Bradway had a nice year as a GM last year but that was his first in what, 4, 5 years as a GM?

Batting .250 can be OK if you're a major leagu slugger with power, it's not OK for a GM to be batting .250 on a year by year basis.

Ham...I wonder how much Dinger is driving this process? Did he tell them that he has no use for Moss?

I think Moss is way too soft for Dinger. The Titans receivers were small but tough. Moss doesn't fit that description.

Regardless your point is a good one. Why give up another player as well. That is a bit crazy.

I have to be honest Max ... much of my reaction to this trade {which is obviously negative} has to do with Coles foot condition and dropoff in YPC and TD's as a result of that condition {IMHO} ... but there is also an element of just being pissed that we passed on Randy Moss only to turn around and make a run at a Gimpy Lav Coles {Smizzy nailed it 8)}

Thus my level of hostility towards this trade ... for me it's a combination of the two ... the Coles injury and the failure to make a run at RM ... and those two elements {combined} is what has me so pissed off

Having said that, IMO we would be crazy to trade Santana Moss {PLUS MORE!!} for a Gimpy Lav Coles

Heck, I thought it was dumb to trade anything of value for a Gimp, so you know this has to be killing me

{I have to be honest Max ... much of my reaction to this trade {which is obviously negative} has to do with Coles foot condition and dropoff in YPC and TD's as a result of that condition {IMHO} ... but there is also an element of just being pissed that we passed on Randy Moss only to turn around and make a run at a Gimpy Lav Coles {Smizzy nailed it 8)}

Thus my level of hostility towards this trade ... for me it's a combination of the two ... the Coles injury and the failure to make a run at RM ... and those two elements {combined} is what has me so pissed off

Having said that, IMO we would be crazy to trade Santana Moss {PLUS MORE!!} for a Gimpy Lav Coles

Heck, I thought it was dumb to trade anything of value for a Gimp, so you know this has to be killing me}

i'm pissed that we didnt go after moss too....but he wouldve cost us alot more than coles...i TOO am nervous about the toe injury but i have faith in the jets to have that cheked out before the deal is done...as far as the EXTRA player/picks..im not happy about that either..coles performance is also due to sh!tty QB's...brunel and ramsey are not good QB's in my opinion....

I hear you Ham. But I think Coles can still be good IF he is healthy. I have no idea IF he can be healthy though.

He had a terrible year. Averaging like 5 catches and 40 something yards per game (I didn't do the math).

But I wonder how much of that was him not fitting in with that offense. He was active in each game but come red zone time he wasn't an option. It really all comes down to health and like you mentioned (price).

having a night to digest this i still don't believe this trade will happen for salary cap reasons

that being said - perhaps Heimerdinger doesn't believe in Santana's "Precise" route running abilities - always a strength of Coles game

also for what it's worth Coles always had a great rapport with Chad - Chad never looked for Moss with the same frequency.

just throwing that out there - any day of the week i would take Moss over Coles - but that's me personally and last i checked no one was beating down my door to offer me a GM job. 8)

but that's me personally and last i checked no one was beating down my door to offer me a GM job. 8)

Check your PM. The Jets contacted the site and asked for your info. Just wanted to clear it with you before i released it. :P

I hear you Ham. But I think Coles can still be good IF he is healthy. I have no idea IF he can be healthy though.

He had a terrible year. Averaging like 5 catches and 40 something yards per game (I didn't do the math)..

did someone say math? actually 5.6 for aboyt 60 yds. :).. but i agree i am concened about his foot (or is it toe?). if he is healthy then this should be good...he does work beautifully with chad.... lets just hope they are both healthy..

having a night to digest this i still don't believe this trade will happen for salary cap reasons

that being said - perhaps Heimerdinger doesn't believe in Santana's "Precise" route running abilities - always a strength of Coles game

also for what it's worth Coles always had a great rapport with Chad - Chad never looked for Moss with the same frequency.

just throwing that out there - any day of the week i would take Moss over Coles - but that's me personally and last i checked no one was beating down my door to offer me a GM job. 8)

Forget it. Max stole my joke. That a&#036;&#036;hole.

Archived