What does Pro Football Weekly think about 'the trade'...

Mean Papi Green

....Give the Jets some credit for finding a way to secure a pass-catching tight end. After bidding on RFA TE Jeb Putzier (Denver matched the offer sheet) and losing block-first TE Anthony Becht, the Jets could have a steal in Jolley and only traded down to No. 47. Jolley is versatile and agile. QB Rich Gannon once said Jolley possessed the best hands on the team. And that was when Jerry Rice and Tim Brown were the Raiders' starting wide receivers.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2005/spins042105.htm

One of the endearing traits of Jets fans is that they will sieze on quotes about players they have overpaid for, repeat them ritualistically, and in time forget how badly they got curb-jobbed.

"Best bowling ball with great hands Gannon Sapp ever saw, and that was when Jerry Rice's butcher knife was on the team!"

Sorry, I know you're trying to find justification here.... I would too in your shoes.... carry on...

One of the endearing traits of Jets fans is that they will sieze on quotes about players they have overpaid for, repeat them ritualistically, and in time forget how badly they got curb-jobbed.

"Best bowling ball with great hands Gannon Sapp ever saw, and that was when Jerry Rice's butcher knife was on the team!"

Sorry, I know you're trying to find justification here.... I would too in your shoes.... carry on...

You're cool. :^o

justification is when the seaon starts, i dont need anything now, i think the trade is good and will work out well, Sat will justify that and the season will expound on it, siezing on quotes is a bit different from posting quotes from unbiased sources, its just another opinion maybe just as worthless as yours

The absolute best was when the Jets signed Curtis Conway.

"He'll be a 1,000-yard receiver and make everyone forget Coles."

Only delusional Jet fans. :lol::lol::lol:

Everything I have read and heard has been mostly positive on this trade. Except for on these boards and Joe Beningo on WFAN.

Once again.

The Jets traded #26 in The 1st round and a 7th rounder for

2nd round pick #47

Another 2nd rounder (Doug Jolley)

and Two 6th round picks.

Jets got their young starting TE and they got him cheap.

Judge this trade a year from now. In this weak draft. I'd rather have 2 second round picks than 1 first round pick.

Archived